Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-20-2017, 08:35 PM   #81
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Nice job on the default skin this year. For the first time in several versions, I don't feel the need to modify anything such as the busy player pic background in the upper left, or cringe when I see something like the standings scrunched to the screen edge in the upper right (annoyances in 17).

Everything is sharp and legible. I did bump the font size up a notch, but I don't see any screens for which I will regret doing so (labels running into each other).

This is stuff that I always look for first, and I am happy this time. Just please release the skins so that I can put in my player mood and award icons, and I will be quite content, thank you.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:47 PM   #82
spartimae
Minors (Double A)

Incorrect Bluejays scouting director

this august the bluejays fired brian parker and hired steve sanders
spartimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:57 PM   #83
TinyC
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Uk View Post
Just spotted this with reference to the new detailed injuries. Nice touch
It's these little additions that I can't get enough of. Love it.
TinyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:23 PM   #84
baldwinhouse
Bat Boy

None of the teams have cash available for trades. I liked how teams used to get $10,000,000 a year so you can help facilitate trades better.

Loving the retaining a portion of a contract though. Maybe have a way of distributing the dollar amount over multiple years.
baldwinhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:32 PM   #85
RevRedbird23
Minors (Single A)

I am having choppy 3D issues as well. Drivers are updated.
RevRedbird23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:32 PM   #86
nichimanen
Minors (Single A)

Things are looking good! I did notice that one of the best, most popular and well known players in Japan, Shohei Otani, has his popularity for locally and nationally listed as insignificant.

nichimanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:44 PM   #87
reggie1977
Bat Boy

I love the game. I hope this is an acceptable area to post a request for a tiny addition between now and the official release.

I am really hoping that you can add a small digital clock to the scoreboard. Just a tiny little box that would contain the current time. The box score already calculates time of game while the game is in progress, so it seems to me that it would be pretty easy to just add start time + time of game to get current time. It would really help me and my son with our immersion. My child has cystic fibrosis, as well as a mild case of autism. As part of his CF, he needs to do treatments every morning and night. As part of his autism, he sticks to specific routines, such as starting his night treatments every evening at exactly 8:00. If it's 7:59, he won't even touch his first set of nebulizers for the night. I always imagine him sitting next to me in the owners box at every game and it would really be helpful for my immersion to see what time it always is, so I can picture what he's doing next to me, at least during night games. He also tells me that he constantly checks time of game, so he can see when during the game he would be doing each item of his treatments.

I understand if it's not something that can be added, but I would really appreciate it if it could be.
reggie1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:57 PM   #88
Curve Ball Dave
Hall Of Famer

The Good: As a player who loves to import historical players to compete with the current, I love that facegen skin tones were accurate for all but a few players. I don't have to spend time editing one player after another to get the right skin tone.

The Bad: Most ballparks were the teams' old parks. While it took only a few seconds to change them to current, it was time I should not have had to spend. I also could not import historical parks from my Gambo collection.

All in all this looks great. I look forward to diving into my new universe.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:20 PM   #89
spartimae
Minors (Double A)

how do i create a tournament in ootp 18
Old 03-20-2017, 11:19 PM   #90
hjrrockies
Minors (Single A)

My 3D framerate is choppy also. Updated drivers and so forth.
hjrrockies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 12:02 AM   #91
spartimae
Minors (Double A)

This has to be a problem right?
Attached Images
Old 03-21-2017, 01:02 AM   #92
DanKreider
Minors (Double A)

Ill start by saying, Great Game!

However, it is pretty much a deal breaker for myself (only my opinion of course) to play consistently when I cannot watch a game in "Full Detail" while in 3D. Nothing matches up. So, instead, the game warns me now to watch the match in Short PbP detail. That is like fast forwarding through a baseball game. There is no rhythm, no pace, no chance to watch and read statistics and get a feel for it. It takes the entire pace and experience away, I cannot actually keep up with what is happening in Short PbP detail. So I have to now decide between proper pacing, or, watching it in 3D. This annoyed me to the point of giving up early on OOTP17 and it will likely be the same with 18. Incredibly unfortunate, if you guys can fix it, please do. We shouldn't be sacrificing enjoyment of the pace (which is still decently fast with Full Detail) strictly because no one can make the pawns match up.

I am going to post this in the Bugs section as well, hoping you guys (Dev's) see it and maybe make a note to fix this issue in a future version. Much thanks for the hard work and great game (the other 99.99% is fantastic!!)

Last edited by DanKreider; 03-21-2017 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Spelling
DanKreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 03:29 AM   #93
gamefan1978
Minors (Single A)

Just lost Anthony Rizzo for 9 games for brawling with Cardinals reliever Kevin Siegrist in the first game of the season. I started on challenge mode and got one weird goal from the owner wanting me to upgrade at SS when I have 23 year old Addison Russell. I am also expected to give a extension to Jake Arrieta when I want to trade him.
gamefan1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 03:58 AM   #94
ptautscher
Minors (Triple A)

Thank you for the team chemistry page, makes a huge difference when trying to work out what the problem with the team is.
ptautscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:18 AM   #95
adouma
Bat Boy

Talking Logos

Please add team logos around the scoreboard in 3-D mode. There would seem to be room to accomplish. Adds to game experience. Thanks!
adouma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:38 AM   #96
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanKreider View Post
However, it is pretty much a deal breaker for myself (only my opinion of course) to play consistently when I cannot watch a game in "Full Detail" while in 3D. Nothing matches up. So, instead, the game warns me now to watch the match in Short PbP detail. That is like fast forwarding through a baseball game.
My view of it is that one version is TV where you get the image but no description of consequence, and the other version is radio where the announcer paints the picture in your mind.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:42 AM   #97
WIUPIKE
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartimae View Post
how do i create a tournament in ootp 18
I do not have the game in front of me, but i believe it is league settings, global options and then the right hand corner there is a menu that would allow you to create a tournament. There are 3 default tournament options, World Cup, Olympics and Arizona fall league.
WIUPIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 08:09 AM   #98
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

I think the 3d has been vastly improved...but I still prefer the ballpark pics.
looking forward to the start of my season

"Colon looking for his 1st hit of the year and he DRIVES ONE! Deep left field! Back goes Upton! Back near the wall! ITS OUTTA HERE!!! Bartolo has done it!!! THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!!! This is one of the great moments in the history of baseball! Bartolo Colon has gone deep!" ---Gary Cohen. (May 7, 2016) (Petco Park) NYM 6 @ SD 3
rjl518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 08:34 AM   #99
Xogo
Minors (Triple A)

Loving game so far. Just scratching the surface, no significant issues so far. Really enjoy the enhanced pawns and stadiums.
Xogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 08:49 AM   #100
FlipCup
Minors (Single A)

Is there an option somewhere that I must edit to get the "enhanced" pawns? Right now, the pawns look the same to me.

Thanks!

Follow my 2015 Orioles Blog! - http://ootpflipcup.blogspot.com/
FlipCup is offline   Reply With Quote