Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 12-08-2015, 07:03 PM   #1
DougS
Bat Boy

Draft in Historical Mode Thins Out

If this has been covered in the Quick Questions thread, I apologize. But it's awfully long at this point to flip through it looking for the answer to one particular question.

The circumstance: Playing in historical mode, starting in 2000. The option to generate rookies at 17 and have a draft is selected. When searching the draft pool, the parameters are the most inclusive (i.e., the default).

The issue: After the first couple of years of the simulation, the draft pool is underpopulated, so that there are no draftable players left after Round 5.

Am I missing something, or is this a known issue? It's a bit of a disappointment, as my favorite challenge in games like this is to take a team that's in the dumps, strip it down and rebuild it. This almost always means making good use of the draft to keep your farm teams/reserve list well stocked (as well as trying to wrangle top prospects from other teams). Having a short draft pool year after year puts a crimp in that strategy.
DougS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 10:33 PM   #2
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

It is intentional. Only players who played in the NHL for at least a game make it in so that means that a lot of picks go unused.
Old 12-09-2015, 01:08 AM   #3
DougS
Bat Boy

Ah, I see. I'll have to remember that when trading for draft picks from now on. :-/

So, am I correct to deduce that the reason that the first year's draft class is so wide and deep is that it includes players who historically entered the draft in the couple of years before the simulation starts? I noticed some 19 year-olds, and then in subsequent seasons the top prospect are all 17 or 18.
DougS is offline   Reply With Quote