Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 04-18-2010, 06:26 PM   #1
kit444
Minors (Rookie Ball)

First Year Player Draft Pool - Real or Fictional Players?

I thought I understood how this worked, but after seeing the draft pool for the first time I'm confused. If you're playing a fictional league with real players, the draft pool for the next season is drawn from real-life rookies who debuted the following season (if you're using the Lahman database). Is that correct? I just finished the 2001 season and in the draft pool for the '02 season I don't recognize any of the players. I would have expected Prior and Mauer to be in that pool but I don't see them. I have the "Automatically Import Historical Rookies" checked.
kit444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:03 PM   #2
Cowboys3356
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kit444 View Post
I thought I understood how this worked, but after seeing the draft pool for the first time I'm confused. If you're playing a fictional league with real players, the draft pool for the next season is drawn from real-life rookies who debuted the following season (if you're using the Lahman database). Is that correct? I just finished the 2001 season and in the draft pool for the '02 season I don't recognize any of the players. I would have expected Prior and Mauer to be in that pool but I don't see them. I have the "Automatically Import Historical Rookies" checked.
Is the drive path filled out correctly for your rookie database? Maybe the computer is looking for your rookie database and could not find it so it created fictional players.
Cowboys3356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:34 AM   #3
kit444
Minors (Rookie Ball)

It is. Would it give an error message if the directory was wrong?
Old 04-20-2010, 02:38 AM   #4
molarmite
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kit444 View Post
It is. Would it give an error message if the directory was wrong?
No it wouldn't. You didn't recognize ANY of the players? Not even from past years?

"Now all you need is a signature. A quote or initial, perhaps."

[
molarmite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 02:39 PM   #5
kit444
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by molarmite View Post
No it wouldn't. You didn't recognize ANY of the players? Not even from past years?
I didn't. I checked the tables in the Lahman database. Prior and Mauer both debuted that year. I spot checked the Draft Pool. The players I checked weren't in the database so they appear to be generated.As for past years, I imported the first season I played with OOTP 9 without a problem using a previous year's database. Could switching the database to this year's version be presenting a problem? The program does say "Loading Database" as it prepares the Draft Pool, which I assumed meant it was working properly.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:19 AM   #6
kit444
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I ran the same draft period with OOTP 9 and it did include the real '02 rookies. Has something changed between 9 and XI? Could this be a bug or am I doing something wrong? Has anyone else had this issue?
Old 04-24-2010, 12:24 PM   #7
kit444
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I finally got this to work properly. I switched the Historical Rookies database folder to the default one set by the game. Previously I had used the Lahman database in a separate folder, which worked for OOTP 9.