Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 02-24-2020, 04:50 AM   #61
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Yeah, it is the same as last year. We even optimized the HD space size of saved games, they are about 30% smaller and load quicker.
This deserves a re-post/bump. 30% smaller, quicker-loading saved games is a big deal!

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 08:38 AM   #62
RMc
All Star Starter

For the 17th straight year...

...I pre-ordered.

So...I've spent about $400-500 (and countless hours!) on this game over the years.

Worth every penny.
Old 02-24-2020, 07:41 PM   #63
Anthony5967
Minors (Single A)

I absolutely love this game. Some bad news, recently lost my laptop (Asus). Now, I have a Google Chromebook, Samsung. I have Steam on my computer after playing around with it and getting Linux Beta. Am I still able to purchase it on the Chromebook? Or am I out of luck? Anybody with answers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.
Anthony5967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 05:04 AM   #64
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony5967 View Post
I absolutely love this game. Some bad news, recently lost my laptop (Asus). Now, I have a Google Chromebook, Samsung. I have Steam on my computer after playing around with it and getting Linux Beta. Am I still able to purchase it on the Chromebook? Or am I out of luck? Anybody with answers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.
If it runs Steam, it runs OOTP.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 11:33 AM   #65
Anthony5967
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
If it runs Steam, it runs OOTP.
If it runs Steam (where I can open it and browse the store), I'd assume it should run the game? I guess it all comes down to whether the Chromebook I have has the required memory.
Anthony5967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 02:24 PM   #66
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Pre-ordered just now. Please excuse the couple of days delay - I was dilatory but inspired just now by looking at the replay of the First Look video last night and hearing Rich say, "Nothing helps an independent video game developer more than preording our game." I hope my delay did not negatively affect your cashflow!

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 04:05 PM   #67
cavebutter
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
Pre-ordered just now. Please excuse the couple of days delay - I was dilatory but inspired just now by looking at the replay of the First Look video last night and hearing Rich say, "Nothing helps an independent video game developer more than preording our game." I hope my delay did not negatively affect your cashflow!
Same here. I have dithered over the years as to whether you'd rather have the extra $5 in March or less money now. Looks like I have an answer and have pre-ordered my 16th version of this fine game!

Logo Gallery
cavebutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 09:49 PM   #68
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
How DARE you pre-order this game late?
You do know that Markus is hurting right now!
The cheating Astros, spring training and a new baseball season is upon him and all he asks of us is to pre-order this awesome game that he puts his life into!
I am ashamed of you, Sir, for I Pre-Ordered it as soon as I read the news, so that he could eat his dinner and drink the finest wine!
You need to BEG for his forgiveness and maybe, he will still allow you to play this great game of baseball that we have been looking forward to every year!

Markus, on behalf of all of us OOTPlayers, we do apologize for Deja Bru, who has failed you miserably!

Sincerely Yours,
RJL518

P.S.
Lets Go METS!!!

P.P.S
You're still awesome in my book, Deja Bru!

"Colon looking for his 1st hit of the year and he DRIVES ONE! Deep left field! Back goes Upton! Back near the wall! ITS OUTTA HERE!!! Bartolo has done it!!! THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!!! This is one of the great moments in the history of baseball! Bartolo Colon has gone deep!" ---Gary Cohen. (May 7, 2016) (Petco Park) NYM 6 @ SD 3

Last edited by rjl518; 02-25-2020 at 09:54 PM.
rjl518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 09:51 PM   #69
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Heh. Thanks for speaking up for me, RJL518! I think.

- Bru

Old 02-25-2020, 10:26 PM   #70
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Heh. Thanks for speaking up for me, RJL518! I think.
No problem, but do not fail us again in 2021!
Failing to pre-order OOTP ASAP is NOT an option!

"Colon looking for his 1st hit of the year and he DRIVES ONE! Deep left field! Back goes Upton! Back near the wall! ITS OUTTA HERE!!! Bartolo has done it!!! THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!!! This is one of the great moments in the history of baseball! Bartolo Colon has gone deep!" ---Gary Cohen. (May 7, 2016) (Petco Park) NYM 6 @ SD 3

Last edited by rjl518; 02-25-2020 at 10:28 PM.
rjl518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 02:53 AM   #71
Bagpipes5
Major Leagues

Quote:
Wow, 21 versions. Can you believe it? We would like to thank all of you for your incredible support over the years, without you this incredible journey would not have been possible.
I'm glad I've been around for the duration. It has truly been a pleasure! Thanks Markus for the years of dedication.
Bagpipes5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 04:16 AM   #72
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Made it official and pre-ordered. I believe ive bought every version so far since around OOTP 14 or so. Cant wait for the 17th!
itsmb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 06:38 AM   #73
Ormondbeachdan
Minors (Triple A)

Smile

Pre Ordered as usual.. This game is as much a Spring Ritual as is Opening Day... and in many ways BETTER!..
Ormondbeachdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 12:36 PM   #74
SupermanBSU
Minors (Double A)

What are the system requirements for v21? I am running a six-year-old Mac so I want to make sure I have enough juice to make the leap!
SupermanBSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 02:21 PM   #75
ALB123
All Star Reserve

I pre-ordered the first day it became available. I can't wait. Who doesn't love new stuff?

Quick question:

Will I be able to take my one existing league in OOTP 20 and move it over to OOTP 21?
ALB123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 02:30 PM   #76
Andy
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALB123 View Post
I pre-ordered the first day it became available. I can't wait. Who doesn't love new stuff?

Quick question:

Will I be able to take my one existing league in OOTP 20 and move it over to OOTP 21?
Yes, that's one of the great things about this game.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 05:12 PM   #77
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanBSU View Post
What are the system requirements for v21? I am running a six-year-old Mac so I want to make sure I have enough juice to make the leap!
21 is too new yet for them to post this about it - they're still in announcement mode. However, here are the system requirements for 20 (from the download page) and, although I am no expert, I don't think 21 is going to be significantly more demanding than 20 was:
Attached Images

- Bru

Old 02-27-2020, 01:26 PM   #78
dtaylor7104
Bat Boy

Many thanks to the OOTP21 team!

I've been an avid supporter of OOTP baseball since 2007 and can't say thanks enough to the team for continually working to improve this game. Just when I think the game is perfect you guys come up with something amazing to add. Looking forward to OOTP21 release in March!
dtaylor7104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 01:28 PM   #79
dtaylor7104
Bat Boy

I've been an avid supporter of OOTP baseball since 2007 and can't say thanks enough to the team for continually working to improve this game. Just when I think the game is perfect you guys come up with something amazing to add. Looking forward to OOTP21 release in March!
dtaylor7104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 06:28 PM   #80
italyprof
All Star Reserve

Anything new for those of us who play mainly historical games?

Will we be able to build historical 3D stadiums at least using the new feature?
italyprof is offline   Reply With Quote