Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 05-23-2016, 06:57 PM   #21
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonin View Post
Does anyone know how Windows 10 handles earlier versions of OOTP?
Anyone?
Cultural icons, gone but not forgotten: David Bowie, Lou Reed, William S. Burroughs, Tristan Tzara, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsburg, Jimi Hendrix, John Cage, Johnny Thunders (New York Dolls), Mike Hudson (The Pagans), Joey Ramone (Ramones), Stiv Bators (Dead Boys), Tomata Du Plenty (The Screamers), Joe Strummer (The Clash), Lester Bangs
Antonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 07:28 PM   #22
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Anyone?
It runs 16 fine. Can't speak for more than that.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 12:56 AM   #23
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

I guess it worked.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 05-25-2016, 06:55 PM   #24
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

I don't play a lot of games, but the ones I do play tend to be a few years old. Space Empires 4, plus some others. I probably won't upgrade to Win 10 on this machine. I'll wait until I get a new computer, which will hopefully be several years down the road. Each new version of Windows makes several older programs I enjoy unusable, and I hate that. Microsoft really gets on my nerves.
Cultural icons, gone but not forgotten: David Bowie, Lou Reed, William S. Burroughs, Tristan Tzara, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsburg, Jimi Hendrix, John Cage, Johnny Thunders (New York Dolls), Mike Hudson (The Pagans), Joey Ramone (Ramones), Stiv Bators (Dead Boys), Tomata Du Plenty (The Screamers), Joe Strummer (The Clash), Lester Bangs
Antonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 08:03 PM   #25
tedstriker
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Not installing it is basically being kind of dumb because 7 and 8 will be abandoned and the upgrade is both better AND free.
Just make sure that your important software won't have problems. There is a lot of professional software in my area that does not yet run on Windows 10.
tedstriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 10:55 AM   #26
themonk
Minors (Triple A)

How to migrate to Windows 10 with OOTP still functional

Quote:
I probably won't upgrade to Win 10 on this machine. I'll wait until I get a new computer, which will hopefully be several years down the road. Each new version of Windows makes several older programs I enjoy unusable, and I hate that. Microsoft really gets on my nerves.

Same here. I'm quite happy with Windows 8.1. Anyway, Windows 8.1 will be supported up to 2023 -- that's still 7 years down the road. ( Windows 7 will be supported up to 2020.) By that time I'll probably get a new computer. But won't use Windows anymore. Will probably shift to Linux, because I don't like the changes in Microsoft's privacy policy for Windows 10, which partly reads:

"We will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders)..."

Surely, there are ways of minimizing the ways Windows 10 spy on us. But I just can't accept this policy, because I consider this as a violation of my privacy...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by themonk; 06-02-2016 at 11:04 AM.
themonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 12:37 PM   #27
Hammercraft
All Star Reserve

Windows 10 has been very stable for me. I'd recommend it to anyone running 8/8.1
Hammercraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 04:41 PM   #28
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by themonk View Post
Same here. I'm quite happy with Windows 8.1. Anyway, Windows 8.1 will be supported up to 2023 -- that's still 7 years down the road. ( Windows 7 will be supported up to 2020.) By that time I'll probably get a new computer. But won't use Windows anymore. Will probably shift to Linux, because I don't like the changes in Microsoft's privacy policy for Windows 10, which partly reads:

"We will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders)..."

Surely, there are ways of minimizing the ways Windows 10 spy on us. But I just can't accept this policy, because I consider this as a violation of my privacy...

If you follow the steps in post #1, they can't spy on you.

It's your call not to upgrade, but Windows 10 is a huge improvement.

Old 06-02-2016, 07:32 PM   #29
themonk
Minors (Triple A)

How to migrate to Windows 10 with OOTP still functional

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
If you follow the steps in post #1, they can't spy on you.

It's your call not to upgrade, but Windows 10 is a huge improvement.

Still thinking about it, Wolf. I've been a Microsoft user for almost 30+ years, since the good old days of DOS.

I'm now retired because of chronic illness. But I was a former Project Manager for a software development company, and, previous to that, a Software Developer myself.

Throughout my career, I've developed business application software, using Microsoft products. However, I was really pissed off by this recent privacy policy change of Microsoft.

But if there is a way to stop Microsoft from spying on us, I might still continue using Windows.

Linux has its advantages. (In fact, it's faster.) But Windows is definitely easier to use. (For instance, although Linux now has a Windows-like UI, you still have to use the command line even for fairly simple tasks.)

In the mean time, dual booting both Windows and Linux (Ubuntu distro) in my laptop and playing with Linux before making up my mind...

Last edited by themonk; 06-03-2016 at 12:56 AM.
themonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 09:52 PM   #30
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

https://fix10.isleaked.com/

That and a good firewall will keep them out of your business.

Old 06-06-2016, 01:31 AM   #31
themonk
Minors (Triple A)

Thanks for the info, Wolf.

Each OS has its pros and cons.

Windows, for sure like other OS, has its strengths and weaknesses. But, overall, it's still a good OS.

The only axe I have to grind about MIcrosoft is its new privacy policy.

But I'm happy to know that there is still a way to use Windows 10 without sacrificing our privacy...
Old 06-06-2016, 10:45 AM   #32
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

No problem. A good Windows firewall, like even the free one from Zonealarm, will allow you to shut down any obnoxious processes and deny Internet access to programs you don't want "phoning home." Between that and what's on that website I linked, you can make Windows 10 into no more of a privacy violator than any other OS.

Old 06-15-2016, 11:12 PM   #33
damonrusst
Major Leagues

So my computer did the update itself when I left my computer on overnight somehow. Everything seems to work so far including OOTP with no licensing problems.

But it does give me a message that my Open GL is out of date and I need to update my graphics driver to use 3d. This was never a problem before the update, I only used 3d to watch the games and it worked fine.

Anyone know why the windows 10 update would have created this problem and/or how to fix it?
damonrusst is offline   Reply With Quote