Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test > FHM - Beta Bug Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2013, 02:14 AM   #1
JeffR
FHM Producer

Graphics and Interface

Please post any issues related to the game's graphics and interface here (note that spelling and other text issues have their own thread.)
Old 03-04-2013, 07:13 PM   #2
dwardzala
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Cancel button to get out of preferences does not work.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:38 PM   #3
CalgaryCannons
Minors (Single A)

Wrong seasons shown as last 4 in profile

When I started a new current season game (as the Calgary Flames) and went to view the profile of Jarome Iginla it shows the last four seasons stats as 2003/04 through 2007/08. The more recent seasons are shown in the career stats page.

Same seems to apply for the other players I've checked. It's a minor issue, but should be a pretty easy fix.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:39 PM   #4
Panfork
Bat Boy

Not sure if I'm just not seeing it, but when you go into "Edit Player," where it says Shoots/Catches, there's only a checkbox for "Right Handed," and none for Left. Assuming that having it unchecked would mean Left Handed, I did that and it said "Not Set" in the player's profile.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:04 PM   #5
scuffleball
Major Leagues

On STANDING screens, Goals For and Goals Against can be abbreviated GF and GA. They're cramped together and overlapping in the displays I'm seeing.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:05 PM   #6
Daletiel
Minors (Single A)

The "Setup Organization" button in Roster and "Action" button in Lineup doesn't appear to work when on an AHL team's screen. Tried with multiple teams to the same effect.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:09 PM   #7
danpker
Bat Boy

The manager home screen still says that you have a trade message to respond to, even after you have done so.

Should be reproducible by receiving a response to any trade offer. Deleting your entire inbox doesn't clear the message on the manager home screen.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:13 PM   #8
scuffleball
Major Leagues

Would be nice to have height and weight of the players listed on the ROSTER screen INFO dropdown beside their age.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:18 PM   #9
pens66
Major Leagues

In the stats sections there is no Rookie filter. Would be great to have one.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:37 PM   #10
danpker
Bat Boy

On the 'game report screen', clicking on a player who got an assist for a goal takes you to the player page for the goal scorer.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:41 PM   #11
pens66
Major Leagues

When you go to league stats and then player stats in the NHL you can't access the playoff numbers. Although it's May and the playoffs are actually taking place the game does not display any numbers. The screen is blank. The regular season stats are showing just fine, however.

Last edited by pens66; 03-04-2013 at 08:42 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:13 PM   #12
OpusTheFowl
Minors (Double A)

Negotiating my first job and wanted a shorter contract. The reply by the owner is cut-off and can't be read and there is no way to scroll.

1900x1200 windowed
Old 03-04-2013, 09:33 PM   #13
Stinson
Minors (Triple A)

When assigning a scout, the drop-downs for "Min Age" and "Max Age" are not wide enough, and display only the first five characters. Selecting "Age 31", for example, will show in the drop-down as "Age 3".

EDIT: Playing at 1440 x 900 resolution.

Last edited by Stinson; 03-05-2013 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Added screen resolution
Old 03-04-2013, 09:44 PM   #14
RamMan12
Major Leagues

I've got a small list of things that should be fixed.

1. We need a one-touch advance button (like the checkmark in OOTP). The situation right now warrants opening the drop down menu and selecting the option to play today which is annoying.

2. Date sorting is poor in the news section. I had five messsages and the order they were displayed were: 19/10/47, 18/10/47, 19/10/47, 5/10/47, 12/10/47.

3. You cannot shortlist a player from their player page. Right now, I must exit the page and then right-click the player.

4. Along with #3, once I shortlist a player, I have no idea where to go to see my shortlist and no way to see which players are shortlisted (EHM put those players in yellow and OOTP put them in all caps). There is no real point to a shortlist if there is no way to see everyone who's on it.

5. There is no option to go to the start screen from a loaded game. Right now, I have to exit the game entirely and restart for this to happen. Besides the fact that most people find this off-putting and are more likely to stop playing in general with this situation, it's wasting my time trying to set up different leagues to help with the beta test.

If I need to be more specific with anything, please let me know.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:38 PM   #15
jpellek
Bat Boy

My version has been locking up on the roster/lineup screen and not letting me scratch/dress players or change the lines. A left click simply takes me to the information about the player. Makes editing lines nearly impossible.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:07 PM   #16
JDevil
All Star Reserve

Two Issues

The game stars are not displaying the stats they accumulated in the game. (Nuge scored, but it's not listed)

Also in that same game the players were listed in the box score twice.

Last edited by JDevil; 03-04-2013 at 11:09 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:10 AM   #17
OpusTheFowl
Minors (Double A)

My starting goalie was injured 1m into the game. Back-up goalie's stats are not shown here but are recorded in player's profile.

Game summery screen...
Old 03-05-2013, 12:11 AM   #18
SackAttack
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamMan12 View Post
5. There is no option to go to the start screen from a loaded game. Right now, I have to exit the game entirely and restart for this to happen. Besides the fact that most people find this off-putting and are more likely to stop playing in general with this situation, it's wasting my time trying to set up different leagues to help with the beta test.
Concur. Also, there is no way within the game to delete a save (that should be an option when you go to load a game), and when I go to the saved_games folder, it's completely empty. Not sure where it's storing the saves.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:12 AM   #19
SackAttack
All Star Starter

1) The NHL dropdown menu, the various links - free agents, trade block, waiver wire and rfa/offer sheets - all work individually from any other page, but if you're on any of those pages, the drop down doesn't take you to any of the others. Yeah, the tabs are there, but both that and the dropdown links should work. Let people navigate the interface how they're comfortable.
2) Player navigation is acting strangely. Sometimes I can click on a player, view his various tabs, and using the left arrow will back me out to the screen I was on previously, with filters intact (such as 'left wing'). Occasionally, it dumps me back to the team home screen.
3) As an addendum, I would like a 'right click' capability or something similar to be able to instantly exit the player screen and return to the screen I got there from, without having to back out through all of his different panels.

Last edited by SackAttack; 03-05-2013 at 12:25 AM.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:54 AM   #20
Carna
Bat Boy

League History / Leaderboards Screen display bug

in every league sixth player value is wrong.