Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test > FHM - Beta Bug Reports

Old 03-08-2013, 05:53 AM   #61
Royalty
Bat Boy

22 May USHL Entry Draft crash

In my first season.

I didn't qualify for the playoffs.

Game crashes everytime at 22 may, during conference finals (none game played)

I've looked at my saved game directory and noticed that my last message (in the .lg/messages folder) is about the 2013 USHL Entry Draft which should occur at 22 may. Perhaps an error occurs while simming that draft?

The message itself doesn't show up in the game, which i can't explain either
Old 03-08-2013, 06:47 AM   #62
djlm
Bat Boy

Hello,

I have the July 1 2013 crash also when I tried to sim through seasons, without playing. It went past ok when using "Finish Today".

Next season I also have the April 29th 2014 crash during 2nd round of playoffs, and I could not get past that doing anything.

When will a new beta version be released? Will the game auto-update like FM in steam? Will we receive an e-mail or we have to check the forums to keep tuned? As for the e-mails, can I change my purchase e-mail? It seems my ISP doesn't like you guys. My ticket support e-mail only arrived 4 days later, whilst I created another support accound and this forum account with my work e-mail and the e-mails arrived instantly.

Will a hotfix be released to fix the april 29 issue?

Thanks a lot!!!

Best Regards.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:32 AM   #63
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Adding the report of second-round playoff crashes to the list.

The July 1 crashes still seem to be a problem in the new build, but advancing day-by-day gets past them, almost like it's an issue with autoplay. We'll keep looking.
I was able to get past July 1. I think I see the problem.
Looks like all the teams have the same event where three guys retire on July 1st

Retired guy from Boston

Same guy for Montreal, or he cloned himself.

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

Old 03-08-2013, 02:28 PM   #64
KiwiDevils
Bat Boy

Re: Waivers Crashes

So I have been getting this a lot, so started testing to see what players I could get it to occur with, and which players it didn't happen with.

The game is fine if a player coming up from Farm team is claimed by another team, but it seems to have an issue when the player will make it through waivers. Sometimes the player will still come up, but on a game day it definitely does not work.

Failed:
Promoting Salvador & Zajac to NJD
Promoting just Salvador
Promoting just Zajac
All of these were on a game day, so next test will involve doing the same on a non-game day.
Edit: Well cancel that, I now cannot continue this game it just always crashes on October 14th (Even without one of those players on waivers), so will restart and test waivers up & down again.

Edit 2: So it seems if a player has a two-way contract then they can move up and down through waivers without having a crash issue, but when someone with just an NHL contract comes up the crash happens. (Will continue testing waivers moves to see what else I can find)

Last edited by KiwiDevils; 03-08-2013 at 05:28 PM.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:21 PM   #65
KiwiDevils
Bat Boy

Jan 7th NJD at PIT

This one is weird, I have three Devils saves where it crashes on Jan 7th 2013 as soon as I try to play past the game at PIT, but I also have two saves where I have gone past this date with no issue.

I am trying to find the difference between the games, but I can't see anything that stands out between the games.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:53 AM   #66
NYR1967
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hi,

I am experiencing a repeatable crash, but I want to first say that I am running the Beta on a Mac in a Wineskin wrapper - which may make this post completely invalid for the developers. If so, please ignore the rest.

At any rate, I have simmed through the whole first season with no crashes until the very last game of the season - Mon, April 15, 2013. I am controlling the Rangers and the game is against the Flyers. I have tried simming just the day, and simming past the date. The 15th is simmed fine, then the game crashes sometime during the 16th and it always crashes at 67% while simming the 16th.

Thanks for all of the hard work. I love the Beta and can't wait for future releases.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:18 AM   #67
Loosie
Bat Boy

So I have a crash that's repeatable. Playing as the Toronto Maple Leafs, I had too many injuries at one point that I couldn't dress a full team, and no room to bring anyone up due to the Injury List bug. I was able o move on from this no problem.

I had a game against New Jersey that went into OT so encountered the OT bug. The game ended 4-4 and more players were injured during the game.

Get back in and instead of playing the game this time I tried to advance a day, the game crashed. Tired to play the game, I had to shuffle the lines becuase of the injures, and it crashed. I also tried AI Roster Management again, and it crashed.

I still have the save if needed.
Old 03-09-2013, 01:14 PM   #68
OpusTheFowl
Minors (Double A)

Regular season just ended and I was looking at the player stat leaders. Ryan Clowe did not have a team icon next to his name so I went to his profile to do some investigating. It seems he was dropped on April 13th, right before the POs of which SJS made it.

The crash is repeatable and occurs when you click on the CONTRACT tab.

Old 03-09-2013, 01:34 PM   #69
Julian90
Bat Boy

Hello,

Yesterday I bought the game and after a few minutes, the game has hung permanently.
I also tried to restart my computer, unfortunately without the desired success. I get the message that the program can not be executed, sometimes more than three times before I can even perform an action.[IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
Old 03-09-2013, 02:16 PM   #70
Loosie
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosie View Post
So I have a crash that's repeatable. Playing as the Toronto Maple Leafs, I had too many injuries at one point that I couldn't dress a full team, and no room to bring anyone up due to the Injury List bug. I was able o move on from this no problem.

I had a game against New Jersey that went into OT so encountered the OT bug. The game ended 4-4 and more players were injured during the game.

Get back in and instead of playing the game this time I tried to advance a day, the game crashed. Tired to play the game, I had to shuffle the lines becuase of the injures, and it crashed. I also tried AI Roster Management again, and it crashed.

I still have the save if needed.
Ok so I had a thought that it was due to the OT bug and those games having to be replayed, and having a different lineup going into the replay.

I had started a new game and on the first OT game I altered the lineup and the game crashed. Went back in and made sure the lineup was the same this time and was able to get through the game.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:08 PM   #71
Hologram
Minors (Single A)

Crash is repeatable. Stuck at March 24, 2013. I'm not really sure what happened.

I sim one day at a time. Matt Frattin gets injured so I call up Orr and make line changes (March 22, 2013). Sim a day. Then we hit March 24 and I try to sim. Result: crash.

Tried simming for a week. Crash and brought back to March 24. Tried simming for the month. Same result.

The last thing I see before it crashes is:
March 24th, 2013: Hershey Bears x - Connecticut Whale x

It's always this game.

Looks like I'll have to start a new game since I can't get past this date.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:46 PM   #72
Big T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalty View Post
In my first season.

I didn't qualify for the playoffs.

Game crashes everytime at 22 may, during conference finals (none game played)

I've looked at my saved game directory and noticed that my last message (in the .lg/messages folder) is about the 2013 USHL Entry Draft which should occur at 22 may. Perhaps an error occurs while simming that draft?

The message itself doesn't show up in the game, which i can't explain either
I have the same date error, it sims to 73% then crashes... Looking at line ups for various teams that play that day to see if its a line up problem.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:17 PM   #73
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Historical League 1979 or any league when I hit ESC to stop Sim wants to exit Game and to solve that problem I would have Save Weekly turned and Sim a Week,to certain Date or so on.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:40 AM   #74
Laird19
Bat Boy

activated ian white from the injury reserve, have clicked "finish today", "next game", next week, next month,, all of them result in a crash immediatly, cant advance haha having to start my 6th new season lol.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:22 PM   #75
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

At September 29 just before Preseason to start and I can send you the Saved Gamed so you can look at it to see what the problem it could be the Blues rosters because I did add people to it active former Blues. I also have it as a Quickstart meaning at Start of Game to for it.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:26 PM   #76
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Using today's update, trying to start a new historical game, nothing appears in the drop down menu for "select database" and the game crashes at 52% if you just click "ok".

Old 03-11-2013, 04:46 PM   #77
GuruB
Minors (Single A)

(version 4) This also happened in 3, every time I watch a game, and the first time either a save or a goal happens, it crashes. This is repeatable. Will say this is a very promising WIP so far.. Thanks

edit: this happens in Full Screen Only, went to window and it worked fine

Last edited by GuruB; 03-11-2013 at 05:04 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:08 PM   #78
CeeBee
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomaniac View Post
Using today's update, trying to start a new historical game, nothing appears in the drop down menu for "select database" and the game crashes at 52% if you just click "ok".
hmmmmm I started a Historical game with build 4 and it seems to be ok so far.... Have done a bit of scouting and made a couple of offers to FA's. Have not simmed past the first day yet but will shortly.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:47 PM   #79
KiwiDevils
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuruB View Post
(version 4) This also happened in 3, every time I watch a game, and the first time either a save or a goal happens, it crashes. This is repeatable. Will say this is a very promising WIP so far.. Thanks

edit: this happens in Full Screen Only, went to window and it worked fine
I might try windowed mode, been unable to play a game in fullscreen since I started out, was crashing within first minute of game every time. Will post if it works in windowed tonight.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:49 PM   #80
GuruB
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiDevils View Post
I might try windowed mode, been unable to play a game in fullscreen since I started out, was crashing within first minute of game every time. Will post if it works in windowed tonight.
It works fine for me in windowed mode