Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 05:01 PM   #1
Jayrome
Minors (Rookie Ball)

So what's up?

Recently Cole posted these nice teaser threads with screenshots and showing features in the game, and now the FHM 2 development is silent again.

I decided not to post anything un-constructive lately or negative comments since there is more than enough on here, but FHM 2's development has been constantly about some updates, then silent, then some updates, then nothing again, I mean I thought you guys were on the finishing line to the game's release.. I'm not asking for a release date, or anything, but I'd love to be updated with what's happening here
Old 07-14-2015, 05:13 PM   #2
HabsJaysFan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayrome View Post
Recently Cole posted these nice teaser threads with screenshots and showing features in the game, and now the FHM 2 development is silent again.

I decided not to post anything un-constructive lately or negative comments since there is more than enough on here, but FHM 2's development has been constantly about some updates, then silent, then some updates, then nothing again, I mean I thought you guys were on the finishing line to the game's release.. I'm not asking for a release date, or anything, but I'd love to be updated with what's happening here
I understand how you feel bud, Cole has been posting a lot of awesome stuff that makes it seem like the finished product is almost here and I think it is almost here. I'm sure they are down to just the last minute tweaks and the game will finally be on our computers...at least that's what I'm hoping...haha. It's hard to get any work done when I am checking the forums every few hours to see if there is a finished product there. I can't wait!
Old 07-14-2015, 05:23 PM   #3
Penfold75
Major Leagues

In recent weeks I have learned that there are many more important things in life than when a computer game is going to be released. See the seconds and minutes that you plan on wasting on asking this same question over and over again use them more constructively next time. Put them to better use.

The game will be out when it is out and I for one will be glad to be alive to play it and future versions. In my opinion I think it is going to be awesome and totally unrecognisable from FHM14 :-)
Old 07-14-2015, 06:51 PM   #4
Jayrome
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penfold75 View Post
In recent weeks I have learned that there are many more important things in life than when a computer game is going to be released. See the seconds and minutes that you plan on wasting on asking this same question over and over again use them more constructively next time. Put them to better use.

The game will be out when it is out and I for one will be glad to be alive to play it and future versions. In my opinion I think it is going to be awesome and totally unrecognisable from FHM14 :-)
I don't see it as a waste, it's not forbidden to talk about it, I don't think we should refrain asking questions to get information we don't have right now. I'm not sure where you're getting at with that morale attempt, but I'll be good knowing what to do with my minutes and seconds.

Again, it's a shame threads like mine are seen as an attack at the developpers or another ''When's the game going to be released'' thread, while I simply want to know if the developpers can tell us a bit more and clarify some things, no need to get defensive.
Old 07-14-2015, 07:03 PM   #5
Penfold75
Major Leagues

It is just your same nonsense regurgitated over and over again. It's getting tired and adds nothing to the forum and will just get the same response from the developers. The game will be out when its ready.
Old 07-14-2015, 07:10 PM   #6
Jayrome
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
It is just your same nonsense regurgitated over and over again. It's getting tired and adds nothing to the forum and will just get the same response from the developers. The game will be out when its ready.
This is the kind of comment that ends a discussion without adding anything constructive to the discussion. I hate being a sheep waiting and not saying a word, I don't think it's too much to ask for some information, but apparently you do.

Any maybe the ''same nonsense regurgitated'' might mean something like I'm not the only one who wants an update, should ring a bell.
Old 07-14-2015, 07:13 PM   #7
Penfold75
Major Leagues

Game will still be ready when its ready :-)
Old 07-14-2015, 07:23 PM   #8
Penfold75
Major Leagues

Quote:
morale attempt, but I'll be good knowing what to do with my minutes and seconds.
Maybe you mean my 'moral' attempt.

Read this and you might reconsider your attempt at 'clever'

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-sad-news.html
Old 07-14-2015, 07:37 PM   #9
Jayrome
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Maybe you mean my 'moral' attempt.

Read this and you might reconsider your attempt at 'clever'

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-sad-news.html
First, I'm really sorry for your medical condition, hope you the best for it. I'm sorry my english isn't the best, it's our second language in Quebec.

I'm glad you now realize to enjoy most of life, but I've heard it before, I have a great life and don't need to reconsider anything. If you were trying to make me feel bad by seeing you were ill, that's just low, don't use your medical condition to get sympathy that way.. As I said, I'm really sorry for what's happening to you, but that's not changing my opinion.
Old 07-14-2015, 07:38 PM   #10
scootermojo
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Dude, you really need to lighten up. Seriously. Don't you find it kinda ironic that you're complaining about people asking questions about the game with you saying "the seconds and minutes that you plan on wasting on asking this same question over and over again use them more constructively next time...put them to better use" could be said of you in the same manner of stop reading what people who are obviously very interested in this game and highly anticipating its release are asking and stop berating them for asking about the game? Surely YOU can find more constructive time for yourself then scouring this forum and wasting seconds and minutes looking for, reading and then responding to them by basically putting them down because they "dare" to ask questions about a game that is obviously very high on the hype meter...and the hype meter is high because people obviously WANT this game and want it soon. Sure, it will come out when it will come out....but people asking questions is a GOOD thing, not a bad thing. Nobody asking any questions and people not anticipating the release of this game to the point of impatience (apparently a federal crime in your eyes) is a very bad thing. Plenty of stuff in life for yourself to do, dude, other than what you're currently doing to people who are simply asking innocent and valid questions.

Last edited by scootermojo; 07-14-2015 at 07:39 PM.
Old 07-14-2015, 08:02 PM   #11
Smetana
All Star Starter

So, Cole hasn't posted any information in--what?--Two days??

Hang on, let me grab my pitchfork.

Seriously, step off the ledge, people.
Old 07-14-2015, 08:22 PM   #12
Jayrome
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smetana View Post
So, Cole hasn't posted any information in--what?--Two days??

Hang on, let me grab my pitchfork.

Seriously, step off the ledge, people.
Another great example on how not to be a welcoming community

Anyway, you're probably right, I'll jump on the next hype train when they're on the very finishing line of very close date to releasing!

It's good that some people step up and express their queries about the development of this game, please don't step off the ledge, people.
Old 07-14-2015, 09:24 PM   #13
Mickeyb37
Major Leagues

Quote:
First, I'm really sorry for your medical condition, hope you the best for it. I'm sorry my english isn't the best, it's our second language in Quebec.

I'm glad you now realize to enjoy most of life, but I've heard it before, I have a great life and don't need to reconsider anything. If you were trying to make me feel bad by seeing you were ill, that's just low, don't use your medical condition to get sympathy that way.. As I said, I'm really sorry for what's happening to you, but that's not changing my opinion.
I think that penfold was trying to make the point that there are more important things in life than when a game is coming out. People have been waiting a long time for this game and a bit more patience is all that is required. Cole has improved the communication with the forum over the last few weeks so saying that no information has been forthcoming is 'nonsense'

I also don't think that penfold is on here using his condition to look for sympathy he has plenty of family and friends out there for support and if anything it was myself that brought his health to the boards attention. What I find low and offensive is the tone of your reply that I have quoted.
Old 07-14-2015, 10:37 PM   #14
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Please keep it civil, guys.

It truly hasn't been that long since I posted an update, but I do plan to have some more screenshots and/or information soon, likely sometime this week, so stay tuned.

I had a busier weekend in terms of outside of FHM 2 with personal things/work, etc. which is why I didn't get any screens up this weekend. The FHM 2 time I did have I was working on text things.

Work continues on the game and we get closer daily.
Old 07-15-2015, 05:48 AM   #15
lorreporre
Minors (Double A)

Dare I ask for informations about the patch to FM2014 ? Or will I be bothering some people here by wondering ?
(As usual sorry for my english)

Last edited by lorreporre; 07-15-2015 at 05:57 AM.
Old 07-15-2015, 06:32 AM   #16
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorreporre View Post
Dare I ask for informations about the patch to FM2014 ? Or will I be bothering some people here by wondering ?
(As usual sorry for my english)

I don't want to start from scratch(had to get a new hard drive on laptop) with FM 2014 if the patch is right around the corner.
Old 07-15-2015, 08:52 AM   #17
Penfold75
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootermojo View Post
. Nobody asking any questions and people not anticipating the release of this game to the point of impatience (apparently a federal crime in your eyes) is a very bad thing. Plenty of stuff in life for yourself to do, dude, other than what you're currently doing to people who are simply asking innocent and valid questions.
Dude contrary to your rant I am all for people asking questions. Also as someone who bought FHM way back at Beta stage I am very hyped about the release of the game. As a regular user of the forum here are my observations.
1) Questions about how the game works or features in the game are great and get answered regularly by the Developers or Cole.
2) Repeated questions about when the game is going to be released meet with the same response 'When it's ready'.

Also Jayrome's post did actually contain something which was blatantly incorrect and inaccurate. I quote 'Recently Cole posted these nice teaser threads with screenshots and showing features in the game, and now the FHM 2 development is silent again.' Cole had actually only posted a few days previously and had posted shots of 'facegen' pics so I don't see where the 'silent again' comment came from and then he posted again in this thread. When things are quite clearly improving there is no need for inaccurate accusations or comments like that.
Old 07-15-2015, 09:30 AM   #18
Smetana
All Star Starter

*Yells from back seat of car*

ARE WE THERE YET?

ARE WE THERE YET?

ARE WE THERE YET?

ARE WE THERE YET?

ARE WE THERE YET?

ARE WE THERE YET?

I used to do this when I was young. Eventually, my dad would turn around and smack me in the teeth.

In all honesty people, the developers are working double-time to get this game finished. It's not a simple process, nor is it a quick one. They want to squash bugs and tweak features, and get to a place where the launch will be seen as a successful one. They know they can't blow it this time.

You ask the same question a million times, but you already know the answer. "When it's done." Cole is keeping the promotional fires burning, but he also has a crap-ton of work to do in the game, which takes time.

When the time comes, FHM2 will drop. And you're going to like it.
Old 07-15-2015, 11:51 AM   #19
gekkoguy82
Minors (Single A)

FHM2 is Gandalf
Attached Images
Old 07-15-2015, 11:54 AM   #20
Cole
Hall Of Famer

I'll admit gekkoguy... That made me laugh out loud.

Closed Thread