Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 14 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 07-11-2013, 12:43 AM   #1
Akiba
Minors (Rookie Ball)

ficticious owners and personell in historical game

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but now I can't make a historical Indians franchise from 2012 or 2013 that has either Larry Dolan as the owner, or the right coaches (Manny Acta and Terry Francona ). Instead the game is generating fictitional owner and personnel, while the rosters still seem to be totally accurate. I had correctly created these franchises before with accurate rosters/personnel/players, but now it won't work and I'm stumped. I didn't think I had changed anything from the first attempts. Any ideas?
Akiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:17 AM   #2
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiba View Post
I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but now I can't make a historical Indians franchise from 2012 or 2013 that has either Larry Dolan as the owner, or the right coaches (Manny Acta and Terry Francona ). Instead the game is generating fictitional owner and personnel, while the rosters still seem to be totally accurate. I had correctly created these franchises before with accurate rosters/personnel/players, but now it won't work and I'm stumped. I didn't think I had changed anything from the first attempts. Any ideas?
Normally the Manager will be real the rest are fictional. Historical league - whatever year - should be good to go. Are you using a custom DB? Have you edited your coaches file? uninstall - reinstall, normally i hate recommending that, but It should fix it, unless it is another bug on 14.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:37 PM   #3
Akiba
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Normally the Manager will be real the rest are fictional. Historical league - whatever year - should be good to go. Are you using a custom DB? Have you edited your coaches file? uninstall - reinstall, normally i hate recommending that, but It should fix it, unless it is another bug on 14.
No
I'm not doing anything special like editing or using databases other than what's included I guess. I uninstalled/reinstalled and it's still doing the same thing- historically accurate roster, totally made up staff and owner. I also hoped the reinstall would stop the 'automatic autosave' problem I'm having as well. It won't let me save a place in the game and then go back to it. It just auto saves at whatever spot I'm at and overwrites everything even though I have it set to autosave once per year. Seems I remember ootp13 having a "never" option on autosave but I don't see one here on 2014. So I have no way to go back to a prior save when I, for example, fastforward through the first couple weeks of free agency. I'm just stuck with a ruined game that I put a bunch of hours into and I have to start over. I'm getting pretty frustrated. Please tell me there is something I'm overlooking in the setup options.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:40 PM   #4
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No
I'm not doing anything special like editing or using databases other than what's included I guess. I uninstalled/reinstalled and it's still doing the same thing- historically accurate roster, totally made up staff and owner. I also hoped the reinstall would stop the 'automatic autosave' problem I'm having as well. It won't let me save a place in the game and then go back to it. It just auto saves at whatever spot I'm at and overwrites everything even though I have it set to autosave once per year. Seems I remember ootp13 having a "never" option on autosave but I don't see one here on 2014. So I have no way to go back to a prior save when I, for example, fastforward through the first couple weeks of free agency. I'm just stuck with a ruined game that I put a bunch of hours into and I have to start over. I'm getting pretty frustrated. Please tell me there is something I'm overlooking in the setup options.
The last part for the save when you exit it saves to that point. If you start the game sime for 2 weeks and want tp go back to the last save/time you started the game up you have to do a crtl-alt -delete. I just got 14 so i will test it tonight. What year were you trying to do?
Old 07-12-2013, 10:46 PM   #5
CatKnight
All Star Starter

In a historical season the owner will NOT be right, nor will any of the personnel except the (field) manager. That should be right. I haven't had any problems with it.
CatKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:26 PM   #6
Akiba
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
The last part for the save when you exit it saves to that point. If you start the game sime for 2 weeks and want tp go back to the last save/time you started the game up you have to do a crtl-alt -delete. I just got 14 so i will test it tonight. What year were you trying to do?
I was trying to do Cleveland Indians 2012. I can't figure out what you mean be doing a control alt delete to go to a prior save. First of all, I can't exit the game without it doing a save on it's own. When I hit ctl alt del I get the window from my computer that just gives me the option to shut ootp off by hitting "end process"-I think that's not what you meant so maybe you could be more specific?
Old 07-12-2013, 11:28 PM   #7
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I was trying to do Cleveland Indians 2012. I can't figure out what you mean be doing a control alt delete to go to a prior save. First of all, I can't exit the game without it doing a save on it's own. When I hit ctl alt del I get the window from my computer that just gives me the option to shut ootp off by hitting "end process"-I think that's not what you meant so maybe you could be more specific?
No that is what I meant. They only other way to go back in time is make many backups and then restore the game from the backup. i'll create a 2012 historical game in a minute.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:37 PM   #8
Akiba
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatKnight View Post
In a historical season the owner will NOT be right, nor will any of the personnel except the (field) manager. That should be right. I haven't had any problems with it.
In my case the manager was fictitious as well, just not the roster. Real 2012 Indians manager: Manny Acta.
Do you get the real owner?
Old 07-12-2013, 11:46 PM   #9
Akiba
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
when I hit ctl alt del "end process" ootp brings up a window saying "do you really want to leave?" or something, so I have to click yes, and then it executes a save and disappears. When I bring it back it's on the latest possible day again. so ctl alt delete is the same as if I clicked the x on the program normally.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:47 PM   #10
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
In my case the manager was fictitious as well, just not the roster. Real 2012 Indians manager: Manny Acta.
Do you get the real owner?
You have the real 2012 manager or not? As i said in an earlier post. In a historical game not counting the quickstart the only personal that will be real will be the manager. If i start in 1983 for the Sox I will have Tony Larussa, 200 Jerry Manual 2005 Ozzie. I wont have Gene Lamont as BC or Don Cooper as PC or Baines as HC. So what do you have? GM (for the AI teams) & owner are fictional.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:00 AM   #11
Akiba
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
You have the real 2012 manager or not? As i said in an earlier post. In a historical game not counting the quickstart the only personal that will be real will be the manager. If i start in 1983 for the Sox I will have Tony Larussa, 200 Jerry Manual 2005 Ozzie. I wont have Gene Lamont as BC or Don Cooper as PC or Baines as HC. So what do you have? GM (for the AI teams) & owner are fictional.
I just ran one a minute ago with the 2012 Indians and got "Wynn Gardener" as the manager. I get a different one every time, but never Manny Acta. Again, as far as I can tell, the roster is complete and accurate.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:33 AM   #12
The Game
Hall Of Famer

I am getting the same thing. Well that sucks. 13 has it right how did they miss this on 14?
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 07-13-2013, 12:34 AM   #13
The Game
Hall Of Famer

2 suggestions. Start a historical game on 13 and convert it or turn Manny Acta into a coach, think he was a former ML player.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:53 AM   #14
Akiba
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
2 suggestions. Start a historical game on 13 and convert it or turn Manny Acta into a coach, think he was a former ML player.
Thanks, I'll try that. Meanwhile my much bigger problem is this permanent auto-save thing. I'm literally playing with absolutely no rewind option. It's very difficult. Maybe I'm overlooking something when I set up?
Old 07-13-2013, 03:02 AM   #15
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks, I'll try that. Meanwhile my much bigger problem is this permanent auto-save thing. I'm literally playing with absolutely no rewind option. It's very difficult. Maybe I'm overlooking something when I set up?
There is no rewind option unless you make frequent backups. If I play from January 1st to November 1st and I just lost the World Series and i want to change that I can not unless i do a ctrl-alt delete end program.
You can set it up so it autosaves every January 1st (default), monthly, weekly, daily. But there is no way to go back int time without a backup.
i had an issue on 13 where rookies from all years 2005 - 2011 imported after the MLB season ended. I had a backup for OD of 2004. That was the only way to go back and replay the 2004 season and see if the problem fixed itself, which it did. So either i am not understanding what you are trying to do or something.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

Old 07-14-2013, 12:33 AM   #16
Akiba
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
There is no rewind option unless you make frequent backups. If I play from January 1st to November 1st and I just lost the World Series and i want to change that I can not unless i do a ctrl-alt delete end program.
You can set it up so it autosaves every January 1st (default), monthly, weekly, daily. But there is no way to go back int time without a backup.
i had an issue on 13 where rookies from all years 2005 - 2011 imported after the MLB season ended. I had a backup for OD of 2004. That was the only way to go back and replay the 2004 season and see if the problem fixed itself, which it did. So either i am not understanding what you are trying to do or something.
I was just assuming I could make multiple saves like in a 2K game. I thought the fact that ootp has a save option, meant that I could make saves and go back to them. I thought I remembered being able to do that in ootp13 but I guess I'm imagining it. So the save is strictly for protecting against computer crashes?
Old 07-14-2013, 01:26 AM   #17
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

You can always make copies of your saved game files in Windows and keep as many variations as you want. Just copy the main .lg folder for the league and rename it to something else. And you can use the backup function to backup any of those saved games in case there is a crash or your file is corrupted.
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:25 AM   #18
CatKnight
All Star Starter

Quote:
I am getting the same thing. Well that sucks. 13 has it right how did they miss this on 14?
I'd suggest reporting it as a bug then - something's going on. On my copy the field manager is fine regardless of year.
CatKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:36 PM   #19
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatKnight View Post
I'd suggest reporting it as a bug then - something's going on. On my copy the field manager is fine regardless of year.
Do me a favor create a 2012 league on 14 and post a screenshot of your team, the White Sox and possibly Cleveland.If you dont know how to do a SS i use this program last file that is free.
Gadwin Systems, Inc. - Software for your business. DiagramStudio - program for create diagrams and flowcharts; GeForms - solution for design and filling forms, hundreds of free business forms.

"Stay Strong"

Old 07-18-2013, 05:57 AM   #20
The Game
Hall Of Famer

I was testing a historical game for someone else and started with 2005. i have both Ozzie Guillen and Eric Wedge,
Attached Images
Image Image 

"Stay Strong"