Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team > PT Dynasty Reports

PT Dynasty Reports Tell us about your very own Perfect Team!

Old 04-05-2019, 05:45 PM   #1
sethisthegoat
Minors (Double A)

Cleveland Legends - a historical Cleveland Perfect Team (F2P)

This is my first time doing one of these "Dynasty" reports. I'm going to do this one as a themed F2P Perfect team, based around Cleveland Professional Baseball Teams (mostly Indians, of course...with some other older franchises mixed in). I just started the team today with my base card pulls. Of course, I didn't immediately get filled up with Cleveland players, but through some Auction House perusing, I'm up to 15 Cleveland players and 10 non-Cleveland players as of now. (And I have a lot of players up for auction right now to sell...hoping that those, combined with overnight results, allows me to at least nab 1-2 higher level Cleveland players.)

I'm also placing a heavy emphasis on past players. I currently have 0 Live Cleveland players on my team...I plan to keep it that way unless I ever get the team up to higher levels and need to try for a Trevor Bauer, Ramirez or Lindor, etc. In all, I'm just hoping to be competitive in whatever rung of the PT ladder I get to, using my favorite franchise!

Without further ado, the current state of the Cleveland Legends (all Cleveland cards unless otherwise noted)
Starting Pitchers:
1948 Gene Bearden, 74
1975 Dennis Eckersley, 70
1972 Dick Tidrow, 63
1995 Chad Ogea, 60
1984 Charlie Lea, 68 (Expos. I can't yet afford a 5th Indians SP. Hopefully soon!)

Relief Pitchers:
1961 Frank Funk, 62
1979 Sid Monge, 62
1956 Ray Narleski, 71
Live Addison Reed, 68 (Twins)
Live Zac Reininger, 60 (Tigers)
Live Diego Castillo, 75 (Rays) (Can't find too many Cleveland relievers here...maybe they'll release a 2016 Andrew Miller at some point...)

Position Players:
C, Live Mitch Gerver, 67 (Twins)
C, Live Eric Haase, 58

1B, 1926 George Burns, 63
1B, 1952 Luke Easter, 64

2B, Live Adrian Sanchez, 57 (Nationals)

3B, 1991 Craig Grebeck, 74 (White Sox)
3B, 2000 Luis Sojo, 59 (Pirates)

SS, 1913 Ray Chapman, 62 (Cleveland Naps...my only current CLE non-Indian)
SS, 2004 Khalil Greene, 68 (Padres)

LF, 1961 Tito Francona, 68
LF, 1938 Jeff Heath, 72

CF, 1933 Chick Hafey, 64 (Reds)
CF, 1976 Rick Manning, 66

RF, 1959 Rocky Colavito, 69

Still a work in progress! Will post my (hopefully more CLE-centric) roster Sunday night/Monday morning. Know I could fill out with some low-level Live players...but I am just going to see how it goes.

In the 2 games now since I made the team over into what it is, the Legends have won 5-3 and 7-4. Rick Manning is hitting a ridiculous .625 with 2 HR. This is of course just the Entry League. Will see what we're made of once we get to the Iron League!
sethisthegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 06:00 PM   #2
gemini615
All Star Reserve

As a fellow Indian fan and owner of my own all-Indians team, I wish the Cleveland Legends good luck!
gemini615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 04:45 PM   #3
sethisthegoat
Minors (Double A)

As Spring Training is winding down, the Cleveland Legends' roster is now full of Cleveland players, all found through scouring the auction house.

The team is sitting at 43-46 in spring training, and is led in Batting Average by George Burns, at .349. Dennis Eckersley is posting the best ERA at 3.37.

Here's the roster as it will stand as we prep for the regular season:

Starting Pitchers:
1948 Gene Bearden, 74
1975 Dennis Eckersley, 70
1972 Dick Tidrow, 63
1995 Chad Ogea, 60
1964 Jack Kralick, 71

Relief Pitchers:
1961 Frank Funk, 62
1979 Sid Monge, 62
1956 Ray Narleski, 71
Live Jefry Rodriguez, 55
Live Neil Ramirez, 57
2005 Bob Wickman, 60

Position Players:
C, 1947 Jim Hegan, 60
C, Live Eric Haase, 58

1B, 1926 George Burns, 63
1B, 1952 Luke Easter, 64

2B, 1993 Carlos Baerga, 76
2B, 1958 Vic Power, 64 (going to start the season at 3B)

3B, none right now

SS, 1913 Ray Chapman, 62 (Cleveland Naps...my only current CLE non-Indian)
SS, 1999 Omar Vizquel, 77 (my favorite pick-up thus far!)

LF, 1961 Tito Francona, 68
LF, 1938 Jeff Heath, 72
LF, 1980 Joe Charboneau, 71

CF, 1976 Rick Manning, 66

RF, 1959 Rocky Colavito, 69
RF, 1948 Allie Clark, 65

We are making no more changes before the start of the regular season, but know that we need heavy upgrades throughout the lineup. The first order of business will be to find a legitimate third baseman, and a new starting pitcher to replace Dick Tidrow.
Attached Images

Cleveland Legends, F2P Cleveland-only dynasty

Ohio Silver Wolves, P2P

Last edited by sethisthegoat; 04-07-2019 at 04:46 PM. Reason: added screenshot of primary lineup and rotation
Old 04-08-2019, 07:45 AM   #4
sethisthegoat
Minors (Double A)

As a final roster shakeup before the Cleveland Legends' first season, the team added 1949 Starting Pitcher Bob Lemon. Jefry Rodriguez has been demoted to the minors, while Dick Tidrow and his 3-12 record was installed as the long reliever.

The Tribe also picked up 1997 Jim Thome (75) and the current Carlos Santana, dropping Luke Easter and Allie Clark to the minors. Thome will be taking 1B duties, while Santana is headed to third base for now. The team grabbed Santana for 200 PP, Thome for 599 and Bob Lemon for 900.

Lemon will be getting the opening day start from the mound.

Let's Go Tribe!

Ohio Silver Wolves, P2P
Old 04-08-2019, 10:40 AM   #5
sethisthegoat
Minors (Double A)

The opening day lineup is now set, as the Legends will face off against Dodger lefty Caleb Ferguson. The Legends tinkered with their lineup to prioritize contact and gap power as much as possible, platooning a couple of players and playing with positions. Against lefties to start the season, we're going with:
1 Omar Vizquel, SS
2 Carlos Baerga, 2B
3 Vic Power, 3B
4 Joe Charboneau, DH
5 George Burns, 1B
6 Rocky Colavito, RF
7 Jeff Heath, LF
8 Rick Manning CF
9 Jim Hegan C

Against righties:
1 Omar Vizquel, SS
2 Carlos Baerga, 2B
3 Jeff Heath, C (this is not a long-term solution, but Heath has a 76 Contact rating vs. righties and 82 Gap Power. The highest and 3rd highest on the team, respectively. Had to slot him somewhere, and my 90s fandom wants the next guy in the lineup...)
4 Jim Thome, DH
5 George Burns, 1B
6 Tito Francona, LF
7 Rick Manning, CF
8 Rocky Colavito, RF
9 Carlos Santana, 3B

The team is excited and raring to go. 1949 All Star Bob Lemon is loose and ready to go. He's got good stuff at 78, and a great Curveball (92) and Slider (78) combo.

The Legends are in I162 in the AC. Fellow OOTP Dynasty owner gemini615's Hiram College Terriers are in the NC. Good luck to all competitors!

Ohio Silver Wolves, P2P
Old 04-08-2019, 10:51 AM   #6
gemini615
All Star Reserve

Does Heath have a catcher rating?
Go tribe!
Old 04-08-2019, 10:59 AM   #7
sethisthegoat
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini615 View Post
Does Heath have a catcher rating?
Go tribe!
Uh. No...This may be a very short-lived experiment. My current catchers are just so abysmal. Might go looking for the '71 Ray Fosse. I have him on my other Dynasty team and he's pretty good. My problem from a managing standpoint is that I have about 5 outfielders who are all decent and similarly ranked, and I have like 3-4 1B without a 3B option. I'll check in a few hours, and if the catcher thing is just bombing my defense (I assume I'll allow more SBs?) then I'll need to change things up.

Ohio Silver Wolves, P2P
Old 04-08-2019, 11:30 AM   #8
gemini615
All Star Reserve

There's a silver Kevin Plawecki card as well. He's average at best behind the plate. It's a live card though so his ratings could go either way over time. Probably about the same price as the Fosse. I haven't compared them since I got lucky and have Alomar Jr on my Indians team.
Old 04-08-2019, 11:50 AM   #9
sethisthegoat
Minors (Double A)

So, I'm definitely not going to be posting this frequent of updates, but game 1 was a doozy. Here's the write-up from the press:

Legends Raise Rally Flag, Beat Houston, 8-7
The Cleveland Legends started the 2021 season win an impressive 8-7 win against the Houston Juggernauts at Jacobs Field. Carlos Santana was named player of the game. Cleveland reliever Ray Narleski picked up the win, upping his record to 1-0. Hideki Okajima absorbed the loss.

Jim Thome broke a 7-7 tie in the bottom of the ninth with a run-scoring single. It put the Legends in front, 8-7. For the game, Thome went 1-4 with a walk.

"This place was jumping at the end," Thome said.

Santana was 4-4 from the plate with 4 RBI and 2 doubles.

That 9th inning? The tribe trailed 7-5 as the Juggernauts brought in their closer. Santana hits a single; Vizquel grabs his first hit of the season, a Double, sending Santana to 3rd; Charboneau pinch-hits for Baerga and strikes out; Vic Power hit a double to tie the game; then Thome hit the game-winning single.

Pitching-wise, Bob Lemon let in 3 earned runs (5 runs total) in 5 innings, with 5 strikeouts. Great start to the season!

Ohio Silver Wolves, P2P
Old 04-08-2019, 05:56 PM   #10
sethisthegoat
Minors (Double A)

Early season roster moves

The Cleveland Legends have had a decent start to the season, and are sitting at 7-6, 1.5 games back from first in the division. Thanks to a number of great performances — including a 5-6 line from Vizquel once and a walk-off homer from Joe Charboneau — the team built up enough resources to augment the 3B and C positions. Plainly, the aforementioned experiment of trying to get Jeff Heath to learn how to be a Catcher on the fly is failing. In 6 games as a catcher, he has accounted for 4 errors (but has also caught 2 attempted steals...)

At-bat, heath has been a monster and is leading the team in Average at .395, with a monster 1.123 OPS. The second-best hitter so far this season has been Jim Thome (1997 all star, 75 rating) who is hitting .300 with a .867 OPS. Gene Bearden and Chad Ogea are leading the team in ERA at 2.08 each, though Gene is 0-2 and Chad is 2-0 on the year. In the bullpen, Ray Narleski has a 0 ERA in 5 appearances. The Legends are second in the league in Runs scored at 66, compared to the Gloucester Chiefs' 78...unfortunately, the Chiefs are in the same division.

Onto the roster moves:
The Legends send down C Eric Haase and call up C Kevin Plawecki. They've also sent down the struggling George Burns and have called up a true 3B in 2000 All-Star Travis Fryman, 79.

Plawecki immediately becomes the starting Catcher, while Fryman slots in at 3rd. Thome will now start at 1st base, while Carlos Santana and Jeff Heath will platoon at DH. Heath gets DH hits against righties, and takes Left Field against lefties. Vic Power, a 1958 star, serves as somewhat of a utility infielder with a decent bat. He's hitting .267 with a .353 OBP in 7 games so far.

Here's to a great remainder of the month!

Ohio Silver Wolves, P2P
Old 04-09-2019, 10:32 AM   #11
sethisthegoat
Minors (Double A)

Legends 1 game back after a month

The Cleveland Legends are hovering around .500 after 1 month, with a 14-13 record, having won 6 of their last 8 games. They sit 1 game back from the division lead, and are 2 games behind Promotion status.

Cleveland is 2nd in the American Conference in both Runs Scored and Batting Average, but is 9th in Runs against, and their defensive ratings are pedestrian.

Jeff Heath continues to lead the team with his bat, slashing .367/.436/.582 with 9 doubles and 4 HR. He's 7th in average, 6th in RBI, 5th in OBP and 6th in OPS in the entire I162.

Omar is hitting .267 from leadoff, while Baerga is hitting just .231 from the 2. Early season pickup Travis Fryman is struggling from the plate in his 14 games, hitting .151/.246/.302 and committing 2 errors on defense. Catcher Kevin Plawecki is also struggling with a .176/.317/.324 in 11 games. (but at least he's not making any errors...)

Pitching, team ace Bob Lemon is 3-1 with a 3.72 ERA in 6 games. Chad Ogea has gone 3-1 in 4 starts, plus a short relief appearance; he's sporting a 3.45 ERA with a 1.12 WHIP.

The Legends aren't going to make any changes for the moment. They're sitting on 1,741 PP right now, eying a few gold-level players.
Attached Images

Ohio Silver Wolves, P2P
Old 04-10-2019, 06:59 AM   #12
sethisthegoat
Minors (Double A)

The Legends are still hanging around .500 at 27-29 as we enter June. The club was looking really good before losing 7 in a row to close out May. In response, the Legends have sent Chad Ogea (4.98 ERA) and Rick Manning (.232 AVG) down to the minors and have signed current big-leaguer Leonys Martin (CF) and 1938 all star Johnny Allen (79, SP) to the main team.
Attached Images

Ohio Silver Wolves, P2P
Old 04-10-2019, 05:19 PM   #13
sethisthegoat
Minors (Double A)

Cleveland's June has gone very well, as the Legends now sit at 36-32, 1.5 games back from the division lead. Midseason pickup Johnny Allen is faring somewhat poorly in his 3 outings, with a 7.02 ERA. His record is 1-0.

Leonys Martin played fine in his 12 games, hitting .238. However, while patrolling the market, the Legends' manager came across Rookie Sensation CF Kenny Lofton, a speedster with great defense rated an overall 75. The club is hoping Lofton's addition further shores up the team's D — but is really just another step toward putting together team manager Seth's ideal Tribe Team: The mid-90s edition.

The club has also put in bids on current closer Brad Hand and reliever Nick Goody. The Legends' pitching staff has been largely middling, with the bullpen ranking 9th in the conference.

Cleveland also hopes to face more left-handed pitchers moving forward: They're 15-6 vs. lefties and 21-26 vs. righties.

Our current roster (with the hopes of replacing Bob Wickman with Brad Hand and Neil Ramirez with Nick Goody as the Legends prep for a push toward a possible playoff berth).
Attached Images
Image Image 

Ohio Silver Wolves, P2P
Old 04-11-2019, 09:26 AM   #14
sethisthegoat
Minors (Double A)

Well, the Legends missed out on adding Brad Hand. The 75-rated silver closer was going for 360...Cleveland put in a top bid of 559, thinking they'd be safe. Two Brad Hands slipped through our...hands...

We did add Nick Goody and Oliver Perez, both silver cards, to the bullpen.

Woke up this morning to a Legends crew in 1st place in the division with a 46-36 record, up by 1 game.

Bob Wickman has taken his near demotion as a shot in the arm and is currently on a 20-save streak. He allowed 1 earned run the entire month of June after allowing 5 in April and 6 in May.
Attached Images

Ohio Silver Wolves, P2P
Old 04-12-2019, 07:53 AM   #15
sethisthegoat
Minors (Double A)

The Tribe sent 2 to the All-Star game: Omar Vizquel, hitting .316/.373/.401 with a 4.0 WAR; and Dennis Eckersley, who has a 9-4 record with a 3.05 ERA.

The club now leads the AC West Division by 5 games with their 64.43 record. The Legends have the 3rd best record in the entire league and sit 3 games up in the Promotion Standings.

While Cleveland leads the conference in Starter ERA, FIP and Pitching WAR, the bullpen's 4.29 ERA ranks just 12th. In response, the Legends have finally been able to add closer Brad Hand and send Bob Wickman down to the minors.
Attached Images

Ohio Silver Wolves, P2P
Old 04-13-2019, 10:41 AM   #16
sethisthegoat
Minors (Double A)

Sept. 5, 2021, update

The Legends have taken a bit of a dive since the All Star break. They haven't received any new PP since Aug. 14 (it's now Sept. 5), and Cleveland's 5-game lead has turned into a 2.5-game deficit, as the team record sits at 74-60.

In attempts to turn around the pitching staff, the team added Shane Bieber. The Biebs is 2-1 in his 5 starts, with a 2.86 ERA. In the bullpen, Brad Hand has sometimes struggled in his 11 appearances, grabbing 3 saves in 4 chances and with 1 loss. Lefty Oliver Perez is contributing a 4.57 ERA in his 26 appearances, and Nick Goody is sitting at a 5.33 ERA in his 27 appearances.

In short, Cleveland's moves haven't worked as intended, and they now sit at just 386 PP as we head into the final playoff push. The team's remaining schedule includes 12 games at home and 16 on the road, against teams with an average .500 record. 1st place Squad the Gaylord Cocks have a slightly easier remaining schedule at .494. Gaylord's overall record is -8 from their Pythagorean Record, while the Legends are +1 compared to their Pythagorean Record.

The experts still give Cleveland a 90.6% shot at making the playoffs. The sit 4.5 games ahead of the 3rd place team in the Wildcard standings.
Attached Images

Ohio Silver Wolves, P2P
Old 04-13-2019, 02:51 PM   #17
gemini615
All Star Reserve

You're on the cusp of the playoffs AND being promoted! Good luck!

(my Terriers aren't quite up to the challenge yet lol)
Old 04-13-2019, 03:22 PM   #18
sethisthegoat
Minors (Double A)

Yeah...It was a slow start to the season, but the team has really improved quite a bit. As much as I'm all about having success and moving up to Bronze...this team could probably use another year in Iron. I have the feeling I'd get crushed in Bronze right now. Wouldn't mind sticking in Iron for another week and going after a championship while trying to save some PP toward grabbing some more gold players.

Ohio Silver Wolves, P2P
Old 04-13-2019, 04:17 PM   #19
gemini615
All Star Reserve

My Indians team is in the same boat as your Legends. Likely getting promoted to bronze, but would rather stay in Iron for one more season to gain some points.
Oh, and Shane Bieber is a great pick up! I'm glad you bought him. He's doing well for my team AND in real life. I wouldn't be surprised if his ratings keep improving on his card.
Go Indians!
Old 04-13-2019, 05:18 PM   #20
sethisthegoat
Minors (Double A)

Yeah. I’m excited about the Biebs. Thought about saving for Carrasco, but my guess is his card will get a bit cheaper in the next couple weeks.

I also want that 84 Nagy. Might be the next thing I try for.

It’s interesting going solely after Indians. Need to find some decent relievers. Still hoping they drop a 2016 Andrew Miller... My next position player upgrade might be at catcher. Mine are doing fine, but I imagine they won’t cut it in higher leagues. Would love that 87-rated Fosse or the 2007 Victor Martinez. And any Sandy Alomar Jr., Though I haven’t seen any up when I’ve looked.

I’ve also been collecting some of the bronze or Iron Indians just to build up the collection. The goal is to own as many of the team’s cards as possible by this time next year, without paying a dime.

Ohio Silver Wolves, P2P

Last edited by sethisthegoat; 04-13-2019 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Misspelled Carrasco