Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 02-17-2020, 02:10 PM   #61
Galeg
Major Leagues

I'd like to see pitchers change velocity and develop new pitches/change pitches used more often. Also would be nice to make it easier to give some instructions in the minors. I find it ridiculous that a minor league manager will not listen to GM instructions on the use of a player. Even if you go into player strategy and try to force something it doesn't work all the time.
Galeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 02:42 PM   #62
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

I'd like to see an option for an AI setting or just an improved AI such that it would be a challenge to rebuild a small market team without having to use any house rules.
Dyzalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 05:49 PM   #63
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyzalot View Post
I'd like to see an option for an AI setting or just an improved AI such that it would be a challenge to rebuild a small market team without having to use any house rules.
What are your settings Dyz? I may have asked, and you may have told me before; but I always play a small market team.

Last edited by Calvert98; 02-17-2020 at 05:51 PM.
Calvert98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 05:58 PM   #64
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert98 View Post
What are your settings Dyz? I may have asked, and you may have told me before; but I always play a small market team.
I don't deviate from the default settings very much. Set trading to "hard". Set it so the AI prefers using sabermetric splits when setting lineups. I don't play out my games so my team has to deal with the same "questionable" AI decisions as my AI opponents. And I restrict my trading to only responding to emailed offers or using the "shop a player" feature.

EDIT: Forgot to say that I also play with injuries on "High".

Last edited by Dyzalot; 02-17-2020 at 06:13 PM.
Dyzalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 06:54 PM   #65
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyzalot View Post
I don't deviate from the default settings very much. Set trading to "hard". Set it so the AI prefers using sabermetric splits when setting lineups. I don't play out my games so my team has to deal with the same "questionable" AI decisions as my AI opponents. And I restrict my trading to only responding to emailed offers or using the "shop a player" feature.

EDIT: Forgot to say that I also play with injuries on "High".
Thanks for the read.

My settings are basically out-of-the-box as well, but a couple years ago I checked around the web and found these changes, along with my experience, to be pretty good. I play modern day MLB and play-out all of my games.

20 to 80 scale (what the scouts use)
No Stars (fairly sure this is a handicap for the player over the AI).
Trade AI: Very difficult, favor prospects.

The only house rule is I make sure that I stay in-budget; other than that, if I see a really obvious trade for a famous home-grown franchise talent, I usually avoid it; but then again, see Boston this off-season.

I play the Orioles and have found that with these settings, it can be pretty rough going for a few years, especially as of late.
Calvert98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 03:23 PM   #66
modesto61ca
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'd like to see an added set of HOF committees like IRL (Modern era, etc).

Also, multi-team trades would be really cool.

Implement a "select all" button on the re-sign players screen, specifically on the Minor Leaguer list.

Specific developments of players (adding more power, improve defense at a certain position, etc). Maybe make it more realistic by compromising skills in other areas if they develop for too long.

More in-depth spring training.