Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 02-18-2020, 07:21 PM   #1
IanIachimoe
All Star Starter

very cool...

long story short:

I play out every game as the Mets GM/Manager & the last couple years Pete Alonso has been a beast, leading us to the postseason twice. he has been a rock in the middle of the lineup but always gave me-first quotes in the papers & was "unmotivated".

starting this year, I called up Andres Gimenez who is a team leader. first week of the season he called out Alonso for his lack of hustle. didn't think much of it, but ballsy.

a couple days later Alonso confronted Gimenez in the locker room & they had to be separated. IIRC, Alonso threw him to the ground or something. after this I had a decision to make - suspend Alonso or let it slide. it was a tough call, Alonso was awesome the last couple years (despite his attitude) & Gimenez had only been in the league for a couple weeks (didn't really earn the right IMO).

Alonso did put hands on him, & that can't be ignored, so I suspended him for 5 games. he returned saying he learned his lesson.

fast forward a couple weeks... Alonso is on a tear & I notice more "team effort" remarks in the papers. I check his personality & he is no longer "unmotivated".

is this because of Andres' influence? even if not, I will pretend it is. seems pretty clear IMO.

thanks for a wonderful game/experience.

IanIachimoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 09:04 PM   #2
Calvert98
All Star Reserve

That is a very cool experience! I really enjoy seeing this type of story; sort makes one appreciate this game and its connections to my favorite sport!

Thanks for posting.

-Cal
Calvert98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 11:17 AM   #3
IanIachimoe
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert98 View Post
That is a very cool experience! I really enjoy seeing this type of story; sort makes one appreciate this game and its connections to my favorite sport!

Thanks for posting.

-Cal

I've been playing out every game for YEARS & don't remember ever getting the 'suspend or ignore' option. I really had to give it some thought.

this game never ceases to amaze me.

IanIachimoe is offline   Reply With Quote