Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 08-05-2020, 11:04 PM   #1
DrDoom
Minors (Rookie Ball)

ODB to CSV/CSV to ODB Converter

I've just managed to successfully create a program that can convert the historical*.odb files to CSV and another that converts CSV files back into odb format. I've tested the programs, making minor changes to the database, and they work beautifully so far. Nevertheless, I should probably do some more rigorous testing before releasing it to the public (message me if you'd like to help in testing, preferably if you already have a custom version of the lahman database you'd like to implement and you're comfortable with command line tools).

Edit: I've recently merged these tools into a single program with a simple gui. You can find it here: OOTP 21 Database Converter

Last edited by DrDoom; 08-05-2021 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Merged into new tool.
DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 03:17 PM   #2
DrDoom
Minors (Rookie Ball)

OOTP DB Tools Download

I'm posting the files here for anyone to try. Please note that these tools are currently beta and may not always work. However, if you do run into problems, let me know and I will try to fix them.

OOTP Database Tools (0.81b)

OOTP Database Tools (.NET Core OSX)(0.82b)

Last edited by DrDoom; 08-31-2020 at 11:27 PM.
Old 08-06-2020, 03:38 PM   #3
bulldog55
Hall Of Famer

This is so exciting, thanks so much! I'm going to download this and test it extensively - this could be huge for my online league.

Being smart, don't always make you popular.
bulldog55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 03:43 PM   #4
DrDoom
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog55 View Post
This is so exciting, thanks so much! I'm going to download this and test it extensively - this could be huge for my online league.
The documentation is a bit crude at the moment so let me know if you have any issues.
Old 08-06-2020, 09:14 PM   #5
HitnRun
Bat Boy

This sounds very interesting. I will be playing around with this for sure. Thank you for your efforts sir!
HitnRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 10:56 PM   #6
DrDoom
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Uploaded a bug fix (v.76b) where some tables were being indexed incorrectly when converting back into an odb file.
Old 08-09-2020, 12:03 AM   #7
DrDoom
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Link updated to v.81b. When converting from CSV back to ODB, all of the necessary files will be in the output folder. Just copy the contents of the entire folder into your alternate stats folder and you're good to go.

Special thanks to bulldog55 for extensively beta testing this for me. I wouldn't be anywhere near where I am with the program if it wasn't for his efforts.
Old 08-17-2020, 08:11 AM   #8
Mifr44
Minors (Rookie Ball)

If someone wanted to average specific seasons for a player (or many players) in the CSV format, rather than rely on Career Totals or whatever seasons OOTP 21 uses for Peak Seasons to Average, is this the mechanism to get those seasons into ODB format that is usable by the game?

I was considering an attempt at manipulating the CSV format, but not if I am unable to get OOTP 21 to read the files.
Mifr44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 09:28 AM   #9
DrDoom
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mifr44 View Post
If someone wanted to average specific seasons for a player (or many players) in the CSV format, rather than rely on Career Totals or whatever seasons OOTP 21 uses for Peak Seasons to Average, is this the mechanism to get those seasons into ODB format that is usable by the game?

I was considering an attempt at manipulating the CSV format, but not if I am unable to get OOTP 21 to read the files.
It depends on how you set up your league to use the database. For histroical stats there are Batting.csv, Pitching.csv, and Fielding.csv. Then there are normalized versions of these named Batting-Normalized.csv, Pitching-Normalized.csv, Fielding-Normalized.csv where the stats have been normalized to the modern era. In addition to being Normalized, additional stat lines are added for players that didn't play in certain years or didn't play in the majors at all so that OOTP can better calculate ratings for players over the course of their career or calculate ratings for players that didn't ever play in the majors in real life based on how they might have played. For a better more in-depth explanation, search the forums for the Spritze-Garlon database (OOTP uses an updated version of this for it's normalized stats).

So to answer your question in a round-about way... yes.

Last edited by DrDoom; 08-19-2020 at 09:30 AM.
Old 08-28-2020, 06:52 PM   #10
plannine
All Star Reserve

Great Tool

It worked!

I now have the Bambam Twins back in the game, George and Herman Ruth, who have been missing for the last few versions of the game.

Now I need recalc and add all the players I use to have in previous versions (150 negro leaguers, 100 players from japan, 50 former PCL players) back to the Master file and dump all the players who's careers were less then a full season.

Last edited by plannine; 08-29-2020 at 11:33 AM.
plannine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 07:06 PM   #11
jparker2112
All Star Reserve

damn...yet another day I get squat for having an apple MacBook....
jparker2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 11:29 PM   #12
DrDoom
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparker2112 View Post
damn...yet another day I get squat for having an apple MacBook....
I added a .NET Core Self contained build for OSX. I don't currently have a Mac to test it on so I'm not even 100% sure it works. I've added a download link at the top for anyone that wants to give it a shot.
Old 08-31-2020, 11:30 PM   #13
omniart
Major Leagues

Thank you for this! I'm working on a project, and this is exactly the tool that I need to make everything work smoothly!
Cincinnati Packers, American Circuit
Athletic Bilbao, UEBA
omniart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 12:38 AM   #14
tomnov
Minors (Double A)

Just glancing thru some of the files generated, I see an error in your Master.csv output file. Anytime a player attended more than 1 college, the 2nd college offsets the rest of that player's data 1 column to the right.

Edit: Maybe this doesn't matter, as the same error exists in the original Master.csv from the game /stats folder.

Last edited by tomnov; 09-07-2020 at 12:45 AM. Reason: further info found
tomnov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 10:06 PM   #15
katielied
Minors (Single A)

yeah sorry...not a big fan of terminal but i'm willing to learn to get this database conversion done...

stuck on this part...
2. Copy the historical_database.odb, historical_minor_database.odb, historical_lineups.odb, and historical_transactions.odb files from OOTP's "stats" directory .i.e. "/Temp/HistoricODB". - [DON'T WORK WITH THE DEFAULT FILES DIRECTLY!]

3. Create an output folder .i.e. "C:\Temp\HistoricCSV".

4. From the command line, go to directory where you unzipped the ODBtoCSV folder and run it with the input and output folders. If you used the example directorys you would enter: open ODBtoCSV "/Temp/HistoricODB" "/Temp/HistoricCSV"

#2 i used the finder to copy the database files but don't know where exactly to put the folders...

#3 how do i create a "c:" folder on a mac? thought that was a windows thing

#4 obviously i keep getting a 'file doesn't exist' message in terminal

i don't know if you can clarify things for terminal morons...

if you can..thanks so much..,

been waiting for years to edit the database

thanks
katielied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 10:55 PM   #16
tomnov
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by katielied View Post
yeah sorry...not a big fan of terminal but i'm willing to learn to get this database conversion done...

stuck on this part...
2. Copy the historical_database.odb, historical_minor_database.odb, historical_lineups.odb, and historical_transactions.odb files from OOTP's "stats" directory .i.e. "/Temp/HistoricODB". - [DON'T WORK WITH THE DEFAULT FILES DIRECTLY!]

3. Create an output folder .i.e. "C:\Temp\HistoricCSV".

4. From the command line, go to directory where you unzipped the ODBtoCSV folder and run it with the input and output folders. If you used the example directorys you would enter: open ODBtoCSV "/Temp/HistoricODB" "/Temp/HistoricCSV"

#2 i used the finder to copy the database files but don't know where exactly to put the folders...

#3 how do i create a "c:" folder on a mac? thought that was a windows thing

#4 obviously i keep getting a 'file doesn't exist' message in terminal

i don't know if you can clarify things for terminal morons...

if you can..thanks so much..,

been waiting for years to edit the database

thanks
#2, if you found the files in your /ootp/stats folder, you can copy them to any folder you create
#3 doesn't have to be c: drive necessarily.
so if you copied the zipped files to a folder named /ODBtoCSV, create a subfolder in that folder named HistoricODB, and paste the .odb files from the ootp/stats folder (that you copied, not moved)
and create another folder in the same place named HistoricCSV.
Then navigate your terminal prompt to the new /ODBtoCSV folder you created (can't tell you exactly how on a mac), and simply enter the command as:
ODBtoCSV HistoricODB HistoricCSV
Your output will be in the HistoricCSV folder.

Old 09-07-2020, 11:32 PM   #17
katielied
Minors (Single A)

thank you for helping...

i tried what you said and it looked like it was processing then i got errors...

Desktop/ODBtoCSV/libhostfxr.dylib failed
- Installing .NET Core prerequisites might help resolve this problem.
https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2063366
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.
Deleting expired sessions...9 completed.

i also go a message that includes: “libhostfxr.dylib” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified

getting there i guess...

appreciate the efforts to provide this for us...

idk why OOTP just doesn't let us go in and customize it...the whole mantra of OOTP is customize everything...yet, to me, the player database should be the first thing users can customize.
Old 09-07-2020, 11:44 PM   #18
tomnov
Minors (Double A)

I'm not the OP, nor at all well-versed on using Mac, but did you download the 2nd link, the one for OSX?
According to the description, that has some sort of needed Mac library files, though I don't know if you need to extract them anywhere special on a Mac.
Perhaps the zipfile has instructions to that point, IDK.
Or maybe you could do an internet search for the file in the error msg, and download that. Beyond that, I have no other suggestions. Sorry.
Maybe the OP will see our conversation and be able to more directly help you than I can.
Good luck.

Old 09-07-2020, 11:50 PM   #19
katielied
Minors (Single A)

yeah downloaded both and the first one contained .exe files so did everything with the 2nd link.

i can be patient...i gave up on OOTP for yrs cuz i couldn't edit the database...this gives me hope...
Old 09-12-2020, 02:30 AM   #20
DrDoom
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by katielied View Post
thank you for helping...

i tried what you said and it looked like it was processing then i got errors...

Desktop/ODBtoCSV/libhostfxr.dylib failed
- Installing .NET Core prerequisites might help resolve this problem.
https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2063366
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.
Deleting expired sessions...9 completed.

i also go a message that includes: “libhostfxr.dylib” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified

getting there i guess...

appreciate the efforts to provide this for us...

idk why OOTP just doesn't let us go in and customize it...the whole mantra of OOTP is customize everything...yet, to me, the player database should be the first thing users can customize.
I'll look into it this weekend. Sorry about the late response, I've been slammed at work. A GUI is on my radar but work stuff comes first so I can't exactly say when I'll get around to it. Thank you for giving it a try though - I currently don't have access to a mac to test it on myself.