Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Franchise Hockey Manager 10 > FHM Mods

FHM Mods This is the place to check for mods for both FHM10 and previous versions.

Old 03-03-2018, 06:06 AM   #1
sk78
Minors (Triple A)

Post Major Mugshot Package - Player Photos - "BETA" stage (lol)

Ok, so I'm working on this big package with mugshots already since the beginning of the year. The package is still far, far away from a point that I'd call it "finished".
Nevertheless, I thought I could already post the folder I'm working on. If you're playing a modern NHL game (which is the focus on) you'll be pretty good covered with this one already.

I'm providing this "as is". There's still a ton of work to do until it is as good as I want it to be. It will take me probably several weeks more to get there.

Please be aware that you'll find quite a number of glitches in there. It's a work folder.
Still have to fix tons of ugly cutouts, re-color pics, remove jersey/clothes, all that stuff with the pics themselves.
And the worst part, which is to properly name all the files, is also still in front of me. Especially naming the players from Eastern Europe is giving me a tough time, with all that diacritical characters stuff (Diacritic at wikipedia). So prepare to see many let's say Czech or Slovakian players inside the pack which aren't named correctly yet.

However, here's the download link via mega.nz (12.250 files, 424 MB)
>> https://mega.nz/#!7EkgzIhY!I2OOeI7-D...4JQ66k7NELAlXg

updated version (27 oct 2018)
>> https://mega.nz/#!HcERSC7Y!zSI7HtJV-...O896vLzxWccjsE

Attached Images

Last edited by sk78; 10-27-2018 at 08:25 AM.
sk78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 03:05 PM   #2
vtmx
All Star Reserve

Oh wow, this is awesome! How much time did you actually spend putting all of this together? It's insane!
vtmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 03:27 PM   #3
mkvitz89
Minors (Single A)

I really like the idea of using photos and you seem to have the most complete that ive seen. How would i go about installing these? Also If you were planning updates how would we update them in game?

Thanks for your work
mkvitz89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 05:12 PM   #4
sk78
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtmx View Post
Oh wow, this is awesome! How much time did you actually spend putting all of this together? It's insane!
I can't really tell how long it took. I'm collecting and creating mugshots since I got FHM3 back in November 2016, so it's an ongoing process. Already posted an NHL package with (in the end) 2000+ players on New Year's Day 2017, last update on New Year's Day 2018.

I'm seriously working on this package here since the last update of the NHL package.
Old 03-03-2018, 06:31 PM   #5
sk78
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkvitz89 View Post
... How would i go about installing these? Also If you were planning updates how would we update them in game? ...
Well, you have to copy the files into the respective folder. That's about it, generally spoken.
There's a quick guide in the "how to" thread here.

They say you should use the "photos" folder, which is this directory:
C:\Users\User\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 4\photos

Personally I'm using a different directory, though. I copy the files into the "player_pics" folder under the "saved_games" directory:
C:\Users\User\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 4\saved_games\your game name.lg\graphics\player_pics

I'm doing this mainly because the "photos" folder is mixing up pics for players and pics for personnel. So you won't be able to use different pics for former players who are in a personnel role now, i.e. Mario Lemieux as a player and a owner. Or the example below, Steve Yzerman as a player and a GM:

In the end it's up to you to decide what you'd like to use and works best for you.

On "updates":
I don't think I'll update this piece by piece. I'm probably going down the road all the way and post the pack in a new thread once it's done. Afterwards I'm planning to expand the pack further on with an update system.
When I'm refreshing/updating the player_pics folder I'm just deleting all the files inside (except the two default files "default_player_goalie.png" and "default_player_skater.png") and copy the new ones in. This way I won't have any unnecessary leftovers in there.
But again, in the end it's up to you how you'd like to handle it.
Old 03-04-2018, 09:52 AM   #6
geisterhome
Minors (Triple A)

this is great, I'm not using photos but this is speeding up my facegen project so much!
geisterhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 10:09 AM   #7
sk78
Minors (Triple A)

this is great, obviously not my intention but I'm glad it helps!
Old 09-29-2018, 03:17 AM   #8
catr
Bat Boy

Great job, I've used your photos since FHM 3 on Mac, works like a charm. It's become a deal breaker for me.
catr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 07:04 AM   #9
catr
Bat Boy

Btw, is there any pack of GM and personell photos? I haven't found any.
catr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 04:59 AM   #10
sk78
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by catr View Post
Btw, is there any pack of GM and personell photos? I haven't found any.
I started with a full package (Owners, GMs, HCs, Assis, Scouts) in early 2017, but couldn't finish it. Thread is here
I don't know if there are any other packs available.

There are about 270 pics in my personnel_pics folder, if you want those you can download them here

All photos from the thread mentioned above are in there, plus some more.

I'm not updating personnel often, I don't even have enough time to take care of the player pics anymore
But if you need photos of specific GMs or Head Coaches, feel free to request them here. I should find enough time to do some pics here and there.
Old 02-12-2019, 02:41 AM   #11
geisterhome
Minors (Triple A)

ahh this is great. hope you will find time for an update eventually!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G955F mit Tapatalk
geisterhome is offline   Reply With Quote