Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 02-23-2017, 04:08 PM   #1
strzepeksc
All Star Reserve

Best Scenario for Even Playing Field

I am asking for specific input to set up a new startup league with OOTP 18 and 2017 opening day roster set for a modern online league. I want to edit all financials and some other settings so that all teams have an even keel on most all financial and other settings in the game to start.

Specifically, what would you recommend the market size, fan loyalty, fan interest, ticket price, media revenue, owner patience, owner spending, owner involvement, priority, and cash on hand numbers and settings be set to ?

The purpose is to start off the league by trying to give all 30 teams the same starting points in finances and those other settings without changing player/personnel contracts. Thanks in advance for your suggestions and recommendations.
strzepeksc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 06:26 PM   #2
Riverdome
All Star Reserve

I spend WAY too much time making this happen with every league I start. Really wish their was a quicker way to accomplish it.
Old 02-24-2017, 05:33 PM   #3
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by strzepeksc View Post
without changing player/personnel contracts. Thanks in advance for your suggestions and recommendations.

I don't think this is going to happen. The only way that can happen is if you raise all of the teams to the Dodger/Yankee stratosphere. If you do that I think you will overload OOTPs financial engine. I am confident you will have $60+ mil contracts regularly.
I would imagine you will have to change player contracts to handle the adjusted revenue streams.
Old 02-24-2017, 08:53 PM   #4
Airdrop01
All Star Starter

Why don't you just turn off financials?

I think it will be hard to do otherwise if you're keeping player contracts the same. I mean, giving the teams the same base financials but keeping contracts of players as they are won't work. At least no way I can think of to do it.

Last edited by Airdrop01; 02-24-2017 at 08:55 PM.
Airdrop01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 10:06 AM   #5
sprague
All Star Starter

You can do it, but it will likely take you 4 years of game play to accomplish.
To try and do it off the start won't work because of all the big contracts on some teams, and none on the low teams.
So my suggestion. Pick you baseline team you want them all to be, say team 15 in the finances.
Then each year drop the market of the top guys by 1,and drop the budget of those teams by 10-15%. you do the same with the bottom teams, raise market by 1, and raise their budget by 10-15%. That was their will be a slow increase and decrease of the teams above and below the baseline.Teams 14-11 might be there in 1 year, and the rest in a few. over a few years the yanks and dodgers will be unable to sign players, while the bottom teams will have more money and pick them up.
That is how I would do it
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote