Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 04-15-2016, 03:55 PM   #1
alexsimon99
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Choose my OOTP Dynasty Report

Hey OOTP world,

I love reading these dynasty reports, and I want to do some of my own. I've created 2 worlds that I would love to write reports on, but I can't decide which one I want to do first. I may end up doing both, but just doing one right now seems easier for me and my busy schedule.

So here are the options:

1) California Baseball League: a 28-team league that has already played 115+ seasons, and continues to be played as we speak. It's composed of entirely California teams, and could easily have a history narrative written in as we continue to go throughout the league. I'd most likely do updates for this league year-by-year.

2) The Baseball Alliance: a 120-team league that has had five seasons played so far. It's composed of teams throughout North and South America, extending into Canada, Mexico, baseball-playing countries in the Caribbean, and Venezuela. The league is broken up into four 30-team divisions and plays 174 games to get to its 32-team playoffs (8 per division). Updates would most likely be done month-by-month, as simulating more than one month at a time seems to be too much for my computer to handle with this behemoth of a simulator (even though there's no minor leagues, but I'm getting off-topic).

Let me know which one sounds cooler to do!

Last edited by alexsimon99; 04-15-2016 at 03:56 PM.
alexsimon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 04:41 PM   #2
royalflush
Minors (Triple A)

California but if you have fun particularly with one or the other than do that one. lol

PAST DYNASTIES:

Rebuilding: 2004 Arizona Diamondbacks -Taking Arizona to a World Series win

If you remember Kila Ka'aihue then you are a true fan.

royalflush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 04:41 PM   #3
Sizeman21
Major Leagues

#2 for me as I enjoy seeing a larger competition than just in the US and see how other countries with lesser baseball reputation do. Plus, you could add a lot more backstory with teams spanning globe and not just one well known country!
Sizeman21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 05:55 PM   #4
JaBurns
All Star Starter

The Baseball Alliance for the same reasons as above, I would also like to see how you get in 174 games for a Canadian team unless : 1) They all play in domed stadiums or 2) They spend the first and last month on the road in more southern climates.
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 07:43 PM   #5
robwondah
Minors (Triple A)

If you have the city of San Leandro in your Cali league, I'd vote for that. Just kidding. But, for real, voting number 1.
robwondah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 10:50 PM   #6
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizeman21 View Post
#2 for me as I enjoy seeing a larger competition than just in the US and see how other countries with lesser baseball reputation do. Plus, you could add a lot more backstory with teams spanning globe and not just one well known country!
+1...especially the part in bold.
Cultural icons, gone but not forgotten: David Bowie, Lou Reed, William S. Burroughs, Tristan Tzara, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsburg, Jimi Hendrix, John Cage, Johnny Thunders (New York Dolls), Mike Hudson (The Pagans), Joey Ramone (Ramones), Stiv Bators (Dead Boys), Tomata Du Plenty (The Screamers), Joe Strummer (The Clash), Lester Bangs
Antonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 08:17 PM   #7
alexsimon99
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Decision made!

I'm going to do The Baseball Alliance first.

But the massive league that it is takes forever to simulate, so it'll be a slow-moving dynasty. Keep an eye out for it!
alexsimon99 is offline   Reply With Quote