Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-20-2014, 12:01 PM   #1
Commish
Bat Boy

Tell me how you play??

What I mean by this is give me some way you guys setup your leagues, do you run things as the commish or as a GM. What are some on the things you turn on and off in your setup. What about feeder leagues.

Just looking to compare what alot of you guys do, I will be starting from scratch with OOTP 15.

Thanks
Commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 12:32 PM   #2
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

I play as commish.

I just took all MLB teams from 1965,1977 and 1990 and merged them into one league.

I goofed up and gave Toronto Blue Jays from 1990 2 teams and forgot the 1990 Tex Rangers.

I deleted the duplicate Blue Jay players along with any other duplicate players from those time periods.

I am now editing the schedules and deleting games during the season and adding them to the beginning as double-headers. The 1965 Yankees open with 4 doubleheaders over an 9 day period.

Last edited by Orioles1966; 04-20-2014 at 12:35 PM.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 12:50 PM   #3
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

I'm playing random debut. 12 team league(going to use 1964 as my base year for now), 1 subleague, 1 division, no playoffs. I pick a team and make myself the manager,(do this so I get all my teams news) but turn everything over to the AI. I then watch my league as a spectator. So, when the AI trades a 21 year old Sam Wahoo Crawford for Morgan Ensberg. I can scream at a fictional GM much like I pulled my hair out when Dombrowski sent Fister packing for a box of rocks.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 01:26 PM   #4
Pineywoods OOTPer
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by orioles1966 View Post
the 1965 yankees open with 4 doubleheaders over an 9 day period.

ouch!

Senior Office Manager, 13th Circle of Heck.

Pineywoods OOTPer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 01:46 PM   #5
bleachercreature
Major Leagues

Not sure how I'll be playing yet.

What I have done in the past is try to create an entire custom universe based on a smaller version of MLB. I shrink down the teams to something like 16-24, release all players and have a draft. My problem with tis scenario usually comes down to coaches. I'd love to have the old coaches signing period back. If I recall you started like five days before opening day and had time that could use to dump all the coaches, make offers and have them considered.

Something I have never done before: I am really thinking about starting in a given year, somewhere in the 1990s and playing through to see how badly I can screw up baseball history! This would, over time, give me the ability to set my own coaching staff the way I want without worrying about the problems of trying to do it from scratch.

I'd also like to throw together a league of all time great teams from an organization, play a season and see what happens.
bleachercreature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 02:23 PM   #6
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da' Signalbrat View Post
ouch!
The year 1965 spelled doom for the Pinstripers. I just wanted too make sure they got off on the wrong foot.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 03:29 PM   #7
Basebrah
Minors (Double A)

GM/Manager, Current MLB setup, play out every game. Most everything on default except altered injury file and trades on low.
Old 04-20-2014, 04:49 PM   #8
Darviathar
Minors (Single A)

I am primarily interested in 80's and 90's baseball, given that those were the players I "grew up" with. I've been managing the Dodgers in a universe since OOTP 13, starting in 1983 and using historical transactions. I manage virtually every game so that the team really "feels like my own", rather than simming weeks and months at a time.
Darviathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 06:57 PM   #9
gRaider2001
Minors (Triple A)

I am continuing a league that I created on OOTP 14 called the Great Lakes League. I got the idea when I came across a post by cephasjames where he shared his Great Lakes League logos, uniforms, Great Lakes League quickstart version and a custon world data file. You can find it in the link below (post #125):

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3251904

I decided to create my own version of the Great Lakes League using cephasjames logos and uniforms.

My league consist of 16 team, two divisions. All of the team cities are from Ohio, Michigan, or Pennsylvania. I picked those three states because I am from Ohio and the other states are our rivals. The season is 84 games and the top two teams from each division make the playoffs. There are no DH and we play an all star game. I use the 1972 financial model. With the season only being 82 games I made the pitching rotation only four. I also only use one level of minor league.

When I started my first fictional league I would simulate the first 20-30 years so there would be league history. I really enjoy that method, but I did not do that for this league. I really enjoyed drafting my team in the inaugural draft, but I only drafted the starters and let the computer draft the rest.

I only act as gm and let the computer setup the line ups. I sometimes will set individual players strategies but not always. I control promotions and demotion, and trades. I simulate one week at a time. I started in year 2014 and now I am in year 2032 and just inducted the first class of Hall of Farmers.
gRaider2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:00 PM   #10
gRaider2001
Minors (Triple A)

Also, my feeder league is made up of teams from the NJCAA (Junior College). I used NJCAA logos created by klavier. You can find them in the link below:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...caa-logos.html
gRaider2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:07 PM   #11
Ruthian23
All Star Reserve

I do a whole bunch of different stuff. I generally start with a current day game as the Yankees. I usually play as commish but don't use commish powers except for in rare circumstances. As time passes I'm sure I'll do multiple historical replays including at least one random debut replay and I usually give fictional a whirl too, though I've always had a bit more trouble getting into entirely fictional games. I find that the fictional players showing up as the real world league moves along helps me get adjusted and attached to them while still having guys I'm familiar with around, and then when the next generation comes along I'm familiar with the fictional players who have already debuted. When everyone is fictional from Day 1 I have a bit more trouble. I usually do a somewhat ITP inspired career sim just for fun, where I create a ridiculously good player and just follow his career. Sometimes I sim a lot, sometimes I play out every game or almost every game. A lot of times I'll start most games but sim to the 7th inning and then play it out of it's a reasonable close game. I think that's referred to as Churching around here, if I recall correctly. In other words, it would probably be easier to list the ways I don't play it.

Last edited by Ruthian23; 04-20-2014 at 07:12 PM.
Ruthian23 is offline   Reply With Quote