Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test > FHM - Beta Data Issues

Old 06-09-2013, 09:53 PM   #61
Calamander
Bat Boy

Just a few notes regarding starting a season with the PEI Rocket(now Charlottetown Islanders) in the Mac Version.

1. I cannot view the full screen but I think this an issue with the entire Mac edition. This is especially noticeable with the tactics screen. It probably explains as well why I can't dress/scratch players and add/remove them from the trade block.

2. Seems to be an abundance of Americans in the Q Draft, many highly rated and with Canadians interspersed. I'm sure the rankings are based on ability/potential but probably not so realistic in terms of player commitment to Q teams.

3. Many players in the NHL Draft ranking list and the list when you go to draft players have names that have symbols for letters. I think there is a complication with some Scandinavian accents on letters.

4. I can't seem to draft players at the draft. I can sort them and see their personal information but can't select them as a pick. Same goes for the Import Draft.

5. Again, the dimensions of players seems extreme with many players in the 6-2/6-6 range for height with 210-260 weight. Many player taken in the Q draft yesterday were in the 5-7/6-2 range with weight anywhere from 160-200.

6. Free Agents seem to have no rhyme or reason coming from every country thinkable. Realistically most of these players should be lower level castoffs who are borderline CHL players/cut players from the two other Jr. Leagues or unprotected American players.

7. Players are automatically assigned to the trade block and I can't remove them or add players to the block.

8 .All my Scouts are 51 years of age and unable to assign to a scouting task.

9. Charlottetown Islanders now have a new ownership group and not Serge Savard. They also have a new GM, Grant Sonier.

Anyway, just a few things I have noticed about my Beta version. Perhaps some of the things have or will be addressed, I just thought I'd share a few observations.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:57 PM   #62
QMJHL_GUY

Any roster update soon for the Q??
Old 06-16-2013, 02:02 PM   #63
sizzlingpopcorn
Major Leagues

Yes. Draft players will be added and player movements. Next week, I'll be working on the draftee attributes and adjusting the other players (might take a couple of weeks to get everything in. Off to the NHL Draft in less than 2 weeks and bringing in some scouts and analysts to talk about the draft on my site.) Not sure when you'll see it in the game. Depends when's the next database update.

Content Creator and Streamer:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/sizzlingpopcorn
Old 06-16-2013, 02:07 PM   #64
sizzlingpopcorn
Major Leagues

@Calamander re: Charlottetown Islanders

The team name change will come later in the summer, once we switch everything to the 2013-14 season. I'm well informed on the league. I've actually talked with Grant Sonier a few times. Great guy!

Like I said just above, bringing in the 2013 draftees and then re-evaluate players in the league. It will take a few weeks to do so.

Last edited by sizzlingpopcorn; 06-16-2013 at 02:08 PM.
Old 06-16-2013, 03:47 PM   #65
QMJHL_GUY

If you need any help with the Quebec based teams, just drop me a line. You're obviously well informed and connected but if you're missing some information just drop me a PM and I'll tell you what I can about players you havnt seen play.

Keep going!
Old 06-19-2013, 02:20 PM   #66
phillipsj89
Bat Boy

Not sure if this belongs here but here goes.

I was playing a game as an NHL team and wanted to look at how the season was going for my fav WHL team. I go to look, and it appears they are not playing. (oddly, they had a bunch of players that had retired) but other than that, there was no activity.

Now, i don't think I selected them as playable, but why should that matter?

Just because I don't want to be able to play them, doesn't mean I don't want to see their stats, especially when looking at potential draftees.

Anyways, if this is just a Beta issue then disregard this post.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:50 PM   #67
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillipsj89 View Post
Not sure if this belongs here but here goes.

I was playing a game as an NHL team and wanted to look at how the season was going for my fav WHL team. I go to look, and it appears they are not playing. (oddly, they had a bunch of players that had retired) but other than that, there was no activity.

Now, i don't think I selected them as playable, but why should that matter?

Just because I don't want to be able to play them, doesn't mean I don't want to see their stats, especially when looking at potential draftees.

Anyways, if this is just a Beta issue then disregard this post.
It's possible that you may have forgotten to add the league at the beginning. Is the rest of the league playing?

That's going to be a big problem down the road because of so many leagues,players are going to forget to add a league and once other league play begins it might not be possible to add leagues.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:32 PM   #68
phillipsj89
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
It's possible that you may have forgotten to add the league at the beginning. Is the rest of the league playing?

That's going to be a big problem down the road because of so many leagues,players are going to forget to add a league and once other league play begins it might not be possible to add leagues.
well, yes, I do believe i probably didn't select them as playable. I assumed that meant that I didnt want to "play" that league as a manager. but I do in fact, want them to track stats.

If this is just the way it will work, then no problem, I will make sure i select them as playable.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:51 PM   #69
Rokiu
Bat Boy

Yes, you'll have to make it as "playable" even if you wont play it if you wish to follow the history of that league. They are doing this to make the saves less heavy as we have to remember that such game is an ever growing database as the seasons are going, so imagine if it would keep everything from every league possible for lets say 10 years, you'd have a huge save that takes forever to progress.

But i do believe that they will surely get stats for players in non playable leagues so they can progress without storing everything from leagues.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:46 PM   #70
sizzlingpopcorn
Major Leagues

Once stats for non-playable leagues are implemented, you should be able to see player stats however if you want to see standings, you'll have to have the league checked as playable.

Last edited by sizzlingpopcorn; 06-19-2013 at 10:14 PM.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:44 PM   #71
phillipsj89
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlingpopcorn View Post
Once stats for non-playable leagues are implemented, you should be able to see player stats however if you want to see standings, you'll have to have the league checked as playable.
Okay, that's how I figured it should work. I prefer to look at statistics for drafting instead of scouting reports.
Old 07-13-2013, 04:58 PM   #72
Javs
Hall Of Famer

The OHL draft is mostly americans, something fishy here?
Old 07-21-2013, 04:58 PM   #73
Nino33
Major Leagues

Greetings!

I am pleased to be taking over as researcher for the WHL.
It'll take me a bit to get up to speed (I expect by early August).
Any thoughts/concerns/issues with the WHL please let me know!

Regards

Last edited by Nino33; 08-20-2013 at 10:31 PM.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:53 PM   #74
CalgaryCannons
Minors (Single A)

There may be an issue with the birth date for Stephen MacAulay of the Halifax Mooseheads. I was posting the league leaders for the few seasons I managed to play in my test game and somebody mentioned that in real life he was an overage player this season whereas in my game he started at 17 years old. There could be two players with that name, but it would be quite the coincidence.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:29 PM   #75
QMJHL_GUY

Hey guys, I will be the new QMJHL researcher. I want to be as transparent as possible, therefore if any one of you find something wrong with the rosters or the ratings of the QMJHL, don't hesitate to post here or to PM me. I will be happy to discuss/debate ratings with knowledgeable fans that want to help out.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:32 PM   #76
QMJHL_GUY

Quebec Major Junior Hockey League

Now that I am a bit more familiar with the editor I can report updates in here.

I feel as though every team's starting roster is set. I have edited target ratings, potential, templates, nationalities and positions of over 450 players. I have also created a whole bunch of new prospects and players that were not in the game. Also, I have moved players that were on midget or AAA teams that now belong to the big leagues (sort-of).

When starting a game in the QMJHL, you will notice most teams will have about 25-30 starting players. That is normal as right now a whole lot of players are getting cut and will be assigned to AAA leagues, I will edit them later on.

There are still a lot of things that need to be fixed. Next week I will concentrate on the staff because that is a little out of date and none have been edited. This is my do-to list and there are some things the developpers need to do before the league is even playable...

I need to;

- Edit and rate staff !!!!!!!!!!!

- Create more prospects to populate reserve lists

- Double-check reserve list for players that don't belong

- Edit AAA and other minor leagues (Edit Q free agents)

- Edit team colors and send in Q schedule

- Edit size for every players following training camp

- Enter draft info and historical data for teams and players

- Report missing cities and add them in

IMPORTANT RULES MODIFICATIONS:

- Birth years are what matters. For the 2013-14 season, only players born in 1993 to 1997 are eligible to play. THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT. DISPLAY BIRTH YEARS INSTEAD OF ACTUAL AGE.

- 1993s are overage players for this year (max 3 per teams) except Sherbrooke can ice 4 overragers (this season only).

- Teams can only ice four 1997s per game.

- Division winners get first three playoff spots

- Make it so that when we look at free agents, only league-eligible UFAs are viewable (1993 to 1997).

- Typical Q trading periods (NOTHING ELSE):
*Christmas (December 8th through January 5th)
*Draft week
*Training camp

- Overragers can be traded at any time though
Old 08-27-2013, 09:52 PM   #77
MXD
Minors (Double A)

Okay... here's a bit of a "specific data problems" post, regarding the Olympiques de Gatineau. I guess I could tackle problems of other teams,but I don't really know them as much, hence why I stick to the team I know the most.

- Robert Steeves has no contract whatsoever, and I can't really offer him a contract. That is a problem, since he's slated to be the team's first goalie this season.

- The same problem appears with the two other 1993 of the team, that is, Marc-Olivier Brouillard and Simon Tardif-Richard. Again, those two guys will be core players on that team this upcoming season.

- Another odd thing : there is nobody signed for the Olympiques on the right wing. The expected right wingers this season will are Brouillard, Tardif-Richard (who might end up playing center actually), Karabacek and one of Dostie or Bourcier.

- Anthony Brodeur has wrong birthdate. Should be 1995-01-07.

- I have no clue as to who are Kevin Bailie, Adam Beukeboom and Brandon O'Neil.

- Marc-Olivier Crevier-Morin vitals are wrong : he'd be 6'2 197 pounds, and not 5'!0 187 pounds.

- Wes Herrett doesn't belong to the Olympiques anymore, and he's a 1992 anyways.

- Derek Sheppard mostly played forward with the Olympliques. Natural position was D, but he was indeed much more efficient at wing and I expect him to remain at wing this season, barring a ton of injuries on D. Position should reflect that he can play good hockey at wing.

- Again, some guys I don't know at all -- might just be placeholders. Berry-Lemontagna, Cody Castro...

- Actually, here's a list of the players that were present at the camp :
Les Olympiques de Gatineau

Notable player missing from D -- Brandon Smith (expected to be a starter this season)

- On forwards -- notable player missing : Alexandre Alain, the team's first pick. Not on regular roster, nor on protected list.

- Some positions are somewhat off. The website provided above can resolve some questions...

In other words, I just "targeted" some of the issues

Last edited by MXD; 08-27-2013 at 09:55 PM.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:31 PM   #78
Nino33
Major Leagues

WHL status update

I joined the FHM researcher team at the end of July as the WHL researcher, and the reality is the WHL portion of the database will NOT be "done" upon release...but by late September/early October I'm hoping it'll be in great shape!

The rosters are a work-in-progress.....overagers have been removed, current rosters moves/trades updated (recent trades of Morse/Vickerman not in current public beta, but they'll be part of this week's internal data update), and I've compiled an excel spreadsheet with TAs/Potentials/Templates to better enable editing in the coming weeks.

Currently my focus is on inputting the hundreds of Protected Lists players that are not yet in the FHM database (171 added last week); the previous work on the WHL focused on the roster players from last year.

Staff updating/editing is also on the radar, but my current focus is on the players.

The IRL WHL season opener is September 19th. I expect the WHL in FHM will be in much better shape by then!
Old 08-28-2013, 11:11 AM   #79
O W N E D.
Bat Boy

It will be nice to have a really good update on BCHL and all junior A leagues in Canada because he misses a lot of players
Old 08-28-2013, 05:51 PM   #80
QMJHL_GUY

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Okay... here's a bit of a "specific data problems" post, regarding the Olympiques de Gatineau. I guess I could tackle problems of other teams,but I don't really know them as much, hence why I stick to the team I know the most.

- Robert Steeves has no contract whatsoever, and I can't really offer him a contract. That is a problem, since he's slated to be the team's first goalie this season.

- The same problem appears with the two other 1993 of the team, that is, Marc-Olivier Brouillard and Simon Tardif-Richard. Again, those two guys will be core players on that team this upcoming season.

- Another odd thing : there is nobody signed for the Olympiques on the right wing. The expected right wingers this season will are Brouillard, Tardif-Richard (who might end up playing center actually), Karabacek and one of Dostie or Bourcier.

- Anthony Brodeur has wrong birthdate. Should be 1995-01-07.

- I have no clue as to who are Kevin Bailie, Adam Beukeboom and Brandon O'Neil.

- Marc-Olivier Crevier-Morin vitals are wrong : he'd be 6'2 197 pounds, and not 5'!0 187 pounds.

- Wes Herrett doesn't belong to the Olympiques anymore, and he's a 1992 anyways.

- Derek Sheppard mostly played forward with the Olympliques. Natural position was D, but he was indeed much more efficient at wing and I expect him to remain at wing this season, barring a ton of injuries on D. Position should reflect that he can play good hockey at wing.

- Again, some guys I don't know at all -- might just be placeholders. Berry-Lemontagna, Cody Castro...

- Actually, here's a list of the players that were present at the camp :
Les Olympiques de Gatineau

Notable player missing from D -- Brandon Smith (expected to be a starter this season)

- On forwards -- notable player missing : Alexandre Alain, the team's first pick. Not on regular roster, nor on protected list.

- Some positions are somewhat off. The website provided above can resolve some questions...

In other words, I just "targeted" some of the issues
Hello MXD I am the QMJHL researcher. Thank you for taking the time to report problems with the league. It appears you might have an outdated version of the rosters as from what I can see in my editor, Brodeur has the right birthdate and all three of Tardif-Richard, Brouillard and Karabacek are RWs. I will look into this a bit more in order to ensure all is fine for release day.

I have done extensive researching and therefore please do not link to training camp rosters as if I have no idea what I'm doing. It is quite a job to create prospects for all QMJHL teams and therefore as of now only the most important players are on there (there is about 25 to 30 players per team, sometimes more).

There are still a lot of bugs to be worked out that I unfortunately have no control over. There are a lot of placeholder players that are still on teams and I have told the developpers many times about this. The bug where players that are too old to play in the league (like Herrett) are still able to play is well known and hopefully will be looked over soon.

I am working on the rosters all week long (until release) so I will try my best to give you guys a great starting point to start dynasties.