Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 06-18-2019, 07:25 AM   #1
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

CM Cards

Is there an easy way to tell if one of your cards is part of a Mission?

I mean if you have 50 - 100 cards and want to pare down your collection by selling a few, can you tell at a glance if the card is part of a Mission Collection?

Or do you have to go through each mission 1 at a time to check?
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 07:41 AM   #2
Goliathus
Major Leagues

I don't see any sort of visual aid, so "go through each mission 1 at a time to check". I composed a notepad(easier for excel, but I am a long time notepad user) with all the players and missions for ease of access.

Last edited by Goliathus; 06-18-2019 at 07:44 AM.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 08:26 AM   #3
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliathus View Post
I don't see any sort of visual aid, so "go through each mission 1 at a time to check". I composed a notepad(easier for excel, but I am a long time notepad user) with all the players and missions for ease of access.
Yikes - that could take a long time if one has a ton of cards
Old 06-18-2019, 03:06 PM   #4
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Yikes - that could take a long time if one has a ton of cards
Yeah. I'm no programmer so I'm completely ignorant on how much work this would take or if it is even possible, but I feel like there could be a way to view on the card itself maybe a list of missions that card is capable of completing. I guess kind of like in an MMO when you get an item a little counter goes off, so if you had 3/5 of a particular mission completed when you logged on, when you get the 4th item of the mission a ticker would appear showing the mission name and "4/5". Games I remember that from are Marvel's Strike Force, World of Warcraft, FFXI, etc...
Old 06-18-2019, 03:27 PM   #5
comedian2019
Minors (Triple A)

I agree.. it would be nice if in the manage cards and the roster if they were flagged as being in a mission or even better if you go to sell them it tells you that they are part of a mission.
comedian2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 07:12 AM   #6
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

I sure hope they can do something with this. It's a real chore to go and check through every single mission each time you get a new card, just to see if that card is part of a mission.

Imagine buying 10 packs at a time and having to do 60 different searches to see if a card is part of a mission.... Not fun.
Old 06-20-2019, 09:14 AM   #7
comedian2019
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
I sure hope they can do something with this. It's a real chore to go and check through every single mission each time you get a new card, just to see if that card is part of a mission.

Imagine buying 10 packs at a time and having to do 60 different searches to see if a card is part of a mission.... Not fun.
Not only that, let's say you click on a mission and it is on the 4th page of the missions. It shows the players you need, so you click on one and it takes you to the auction.. You then have to hit the refresh button and also clear the fields that you had changed last time you were there. Then hit refresh. It needs to change it to All PLAYERS and remove any other values that are not default. I went through about 3 cards thinking that that card was not available until I noticed that STARTING PITCHER was selected.

Then you buy him or not and hit the arrow to go back and most of the time it gives you an error message suggesting that you restart OOTP. You have to click OK and it returns you back to the mission page, page ONE. So you then have to click NEXT three times to get back to where you were.

It just slows down the process. I can't imagine doing one of those team things where there are 37 of them.

Last night I was trying to complete a standard card mission and I needed more PP so I went and sold a couple of chumps to get the couple of hundred I needed. I may have sold someone that I needed for another mission. It should lock the players when they are in one of the missions. Or at least warn you when you try to sell them. It would also be nice to show it in the roster list and the card lists.

Just my three cents.
comedian2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 12:34 PM   #8
Argonaut
All Star Starter

I agree with all of the above. In addition to that, I have this strange OCD that I don't like players with stats on them, and would certainly not want to lock any in my roster that had someone else's stats. That makes all of the tedious work on Missions increase doublefold as I inspect each card for stats, sell some, re-buy some, wait to see if they have stats, etc. It's basically a full-time job. Part of it is my own quirks, but a lot of it is the interface.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 10:55 PM   #9
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

I noticed the current MLB teams, most every LIVE card is part of those particular missions to collect the entire LIVE set from one team, I believe...

And personally...kind of went through the other missions and attempted to make a mental note of which cards are currently part of missions...that's one thing, lots of different persons, only one way.

There's future missions as well anyway...and F the missions as well.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 12:02 AM   #10
Goliathus
Major Leagues

I think for the LIVE missions, it's just the whole LIVE roster of each team. Or at least that's what I assumed. It's the easiest mission to "solve", all you have to do is to filter card set by LIVE, search a team name, and buy cards until everything's red.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 10:18 PM   #11
khy102
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I've just started actually paying attention to Perfect Team. I would just let it do it's thing then just buy packs as I collect points I've only been getting rid of duplicate cards. Are they adding new missions? Do you get anything for collecting all the cards, if that's even possible?
khy102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 01:33 PM   #12
Janks
Minors (Triple A)

I agree with all of this and we need more control on the mission page.

Sort by pct complete (Asc & Dec) so when I get dumped back to page one, my 'active' mission is near the top of page one.

Perhaps let me select some favorite missions (I may be working on 3 missions) and have a checkbox/dropdownlistbox for show favorites.
Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 01:35 PM   #13
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janks View Post
Perhaps let me select some favorite missions (I may be working on 3 missions) and have a checkbox/dropdownlistbox for show favorites.
This please. It would be great to be able to two to three missions as "favorites" or "I'm focusing on this one" and have it always show up at the top of the mission screen.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote