Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - Technical Support

FHM 2 - Technical Support Having trouble with FHM 2 or want to report a bug? Please see here.

Old 10-05-2015, 04:06 PM   #241
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by julius View Post
NHL league is stalled in Season 4

I have a post-patch NHL league, an expansion to start year 1, and lots of team/player edits but no tinkering with league structure (which seemed to cause most of the issues in the 2014 version. This was my second attempt since the first one (pre-patch) also stalled in year 4, after triggering some ECHL player roster limit issues (see thread way above).This second attempt was going nicely, and seemed to have overcome the ECHL roster bug, until it too stopped just as I launched into season 4. No BSD, but simply a message that the game is not responding. So this is a problem. My desktop is a high performance rig from Velocity with Windows 10, so it shouldn't be the culprit I think.
I think we'll need to take a look at your save to see what's going on there, can you upload it? Uploading instructions here.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 05:13 PM   #242
julius
Minors (Single A)

I was afraid you were going to ask that Jeff. Can you update the uploading instructions for Windows 10 please? Or, if that isn't the issue-what is the initial "start" button they refer to?
julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 05:23 PM   #243
Raikogen
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Can you upload the save file for us to have a look at? Instructions here.
Save file uploaded as "100515_Raikogen.zip". I also submitted a support ticket.
Raikogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 05:24 PM   #244
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by julius View Post
I was afraid you were going to ask that Jeff. Can you update the uploading instructions for Windows 10 please? Or, if that isn't the issue-what is the initial "start" button they refer to?
Oh, sorry, looks like that was written a while ago. Actually, the easiest way is probably just to zip up the whole folder for that save game, put it on a filesharing site (filedropper.com seems to work well for this), and send me a PM with the link.
Old 10-05-2015, 05:24 PM   #245
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

I apologize if this has been brought up already. When offering contracts to players to see what they are asking, you can gauge what they will be asking by starting off negotiations.

Now.. when I close the window without offering anything other than *seeing* the price range and what its going to take to retain his services and remove the grey highlighted contract offer in the free agents window, it's as if they were insulted and never want to talk contracts again.

With offering a contract and backing out of it, you would definitely expect the player to never resume or negotiate anything but to remove a grey offer that you were simply seeing what the asking price was and having the same reaction to the player if you would have offered is confusing... is this working as intended ? Is anyone else seeing this problem besides me ?
BlackIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 05:26 PM   #246
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikogen View Post
Save file uploaded as "100515_Raikogen.zip". I also submitted a support ticket.
Thanks, we'll try to find out what's causing the crash.
Old 10-05-2015, 08:37 PM   #247
Riverdome
All Star Reserve

Something is amiss with the ECHL playoff setup. In my 2015-2016 league Toledo is playing Alaska and Missouri is playing S. Carolina both in the first round. Actual playoff setup is defined here - The ECHL - Premier 'AA' Hockey League | Kelly Cup Playoffs
Old 10-05-2015, 08:54 PM   #248
Justmeingardner
Minors (Single A)

Jeff,
Concerning duplicate players on ice simultaneously, Zip file uploaded via FTP should contain screenshot as well. Thank you for prompt attention.

Last edited by Justmeingardner; 10-05-2015 at 08:56 PM.
Justmeingardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 10:07 PM   #249
Riverdome
All Star Reserve

In ECHL off-season I'm looking to sign free agents but none of their stats from last year are visible in the Free Agent Centre - I have to hover or open each player to see what they did last season. I can see ratings for those I have scouted but for non-rookies shouldn't I be able to sort by stats?
Old 10-05-2015, 10:36 PM   #250
jinkorjap
Minors (Double A)

when trying to hire a new staff member, I switch to the training display. when I click on a coach to view his details, I get a different coach. it doesn't matter which coach I select; I get the same different random coaches' info instead...
jinkorjap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 11:37 PM   #251
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justmeingardner View Post
Jeff,
Concerning duplicate players on ice simultaneously, Zip file uploaded via FTP should contain screenshot as well. Thank you for prompt attention.
Great, thanks, we'll take a look.
Old 10-05-2015, 11:45 PM   #252
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkorjap View Post
when trying to hire a new staff member, I switch to the training display. when I click on a coach to view his details, I get a different coach. it doesn't matter which coach I select; I get the same different random coaches' info instead...
Seems to work OK when I try it. Is it one particular coach you keep getting? And which mode (modern/fictional/historical) are you playing in?
Old 10-05-2015, 11:47 PM   #253
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdome View Post
In ECHL off-season I'm looking to sign free agents but none of their stats from last year are visible in the Free Agent Centre - I have to hover or open each player to see what they did last season. I can see ratings for those I have scouted but for non-rookies shouldn't I be able to sort by stats?
Stats reset on July 1, and most screens generally default to the current season's stats, which are 0 in free-agent season. It would make more sense to have them display the previous season's stats, though, at least up to a point. I'll see if it can be changed.
Old 10-05-2015, 11:54 PM   #254
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdome View Post
Something is amiss with the ECHL playoff setup. In my 2015-2016 league Toledo is playing Alaska and Missouri is playing S. Carolina both in the first round. Actual playoff setup is defined here - The ECHL - Premier 'AA' Hockey League | Kelly Cup Playoffs
It looks like it's set up to seed the first round by division, which is probably why it's breaking and making inter-divisional matchups where there aren't enough playoff teams available within a division. I'll switch it to conference seeding.
Old 10-05-2015, 11:56 PM   #255
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackIce View Post
I apologize if this has been brought up already. When offering contracts to players to see what they are asking, you can gauge what they will be asking by starting off negotiations.

Now.. when I close the window without offering anything other than *seeing* the price range and what its going to take to retain his services and remove the grey highlighted contract offer in the free agents window, it's as if they were insulted and never want to talk contracts again.

With offering a contract and backing out of it, you would definitely expect the player to never resume or negotiate anything but to remove a grey offer that you were simply seeing what the asking price was and having the same reaction to the player if you would have offered is confusing... is this working as intended ? Is anyone else seeing this problem besides me ?
I think that's as designed. As soon as you ask what amount he wants, the player considers that serious interest and doesn't like it if you walk away.
Old 10-05-2015, 11:59 PM   #256
jinkorjap
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Seems to work OK when I try it. Is it one particular coach you keep getting? And which mode (modern/fictional/historical) are you playing in?
Some guy named Ryan Huska, every time. Modern game but I simmed 10 years.
jinkorjap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 12:07 AM   #257
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkorjap View Post
Some guy named Ryan Huska, every time. Modern game but I simmed 10 years.
Aha, suspected as much, he has staff ID #0, so he's the default guy that's shown when something goes wrong with staff data. Could you upload the save and we'll have a look at it? Instructions here, or just zip and upload it to filesharing site (filedropper.com works well) and PM me the link to it.
Old 10-06-2015, 04:26 AM   #258
pens66
Major Leagues

Quote:
Any particular pattern to them you can see, e.g. guys who were unsigned Cleveland draft picks when the franchise went inactive?
Will be difficult. I changed their rights back to Minnesota and advanced two more years or so. But I'll take a look.
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 07:10 AM   #259
Cole
Hall Of Famer

I have a Facebook user on a Mac with the following issue. Has anyone run into this before and know what the solution is?

I did do the latest update and now when i created a new game, it does all the uploading but it doesn't go to game page, it just stays at menu screen.
Cheers
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 07:51 AM   #260
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

I guess the user went to the start screen from a running game and started a new one? It seems to be a Mac problem we don't get reproduced on Windows. I will try it on my Mac now but the code is exactly the same so I have no idea where to look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
I have a Facebook user on a Mac with the following issue. Has anyone run into this before and know what the solution is?

I did do the latest update and now when i created a new game, it does all the uploading but it doesn't go to game page, it just stays at menu screen.
Cheers