Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2015, 06:06 PM   #161
Bruins86
Minors (Double A)

Just a quick suggestion, it would be nice if there was some way to see if a player is willing to wave a no trade clause without having to try making a trade involving him,
Bruins86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 07:39 PM   #162
DaximusPrimus
Major Leagues

I had another idea for you guys if it's not implemented already in FHM2 but in the "Standings" screen along with Division/Conference/League there should be a "Wildcard" section that shows you the wildcard standings.

Like this: http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm?type=WC

Last edited by DaximusPrimus; 02-16-2015 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Adding link.
DaximusPrimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 02:13 PM   #163
Balerstos
Minors (Rookie Ball)

After spending quite a bit of (fun) time and a lot of late evenings playing FHM 2014, I wanted to throw out a couple of ideas that for the next version. Maybe they're being planned, but I didn't see anything in this thread about them, so I thought I'd ask. Some are clearly pulled directly from EHM as well as OOTP Baseball, and others were some that I've wanted for a bit.

Draft Day:
Have the NHL and your Head Scout rankings accessible when looking at the prospects.
Have a Top 100 Prospects draft list. Allow a right-click>>Assign Scout option.
Add ISS rankings at pre-season, mid-season, end of season with a "Previous Rankings" in parenthesis.
When viewing a prospect, have the ability to see individual scouts feelings from visits.
Show team weakness/strength in prospect pools. For example, "No high-end RW prospects in your system".
Have suggested picks based on Need/BPA/Risk/Reward. All are based on your scouting teams ability to recognize talent and ability as well as time invested in seeing the prospect.

Scouting:
Allow the option to appoint a Head Scout who you can assign to NHL Draft or Organization (to scout all your prospects).
Show something like boom/bust rating that shows their history of drafting and scouting.

Coaching:
When hiring personnel, let a head coach be hired.
Let Asst. Coaches be promoted.
Allow hiring of Head Coaches as Assistant Coaches or in other positions.

Ability UI:
Show the skills improving/degrading on players through a chart. Same for coaches and scouts. The dev report is good, but with no way to see how it translates over a couple of years, it's difficult to really use. Or, at the very least, give a comprehensive one showing how a player progressed over the entire year.

Training Camp:
Allow the invite(s) of prospects to come and train/scrimmage with the team during the camp. Give camp updates from coaches with evaluations/grades on how each player did at camp.

Free Agency:
Have (RFA) next to a players name in the Free Agent window.
Have a Top 3 teams a player is interested in when offering them a contract.
Include a "Likelihood of signing with you" bar or rating when putting together a contract offer. For example, more money gets it higher, term it goes higher or lower depending on what they want, etc.
When negotiating a contract, show us the per year salary cap hit if we want to stagger the amount per year.

General Stuff:
The ability to save an email. Draft Rankings as an example. Trade offers. Other things you might need to reference. Have them wiped at the end of each season if needed. Just a right click option maybe that allows us to save or protect from accidental deletion.
Allow an adjustable budget so we can add more money to scouting (more trips/visits) or training (better condition/fewer injuries) or other things to shape the team/game play.
When offering a trade or responding to one, have the AI offer other ideas based on what you ask for. Counter-proposals don't happen and it's left up to us to "guess" what might work.
Allow for the ability to release the rights of players you drafted. I currently have a 29 year old "Unsigned Draftee" that I can offer a new contract to or Assign a Scout to but I can't release and no one wants to trade for him. It's more of a nuisance than a hindrance, but it does clutter up that list.

I know a lot of these are probably already in the works, and if they aren't probably can't get in before the release, but maybe in the future. Thanks for all the feedback you guys give on the updates too. I'm quite excited to purchase it already...
Balerstos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 06:18 PM   #164
Balerstos
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradC View Post
I checked with Jeff and he said that nothing has changed substantially from last year, so the CBA rules will still be reflected. The cap and floor will be adjusted, though, since that happens every year.
In relation to this, and maybe it's just something I never noticed, but I don't think you have prospects going back into the draft or free agency after they haven't been signed by the club that drafted them.

For instance, if I draft a CHL player, and I don't sign that prospect within two years of their draft year, they're eligible to go back into the draft and I lose their rights. I don't think it applies to foreign players and I'm not sure about college ones.

I would think that should be something added into the "Potential Free Agents" if it's not there currently.
Balerstos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 02:23 AM   #165
deanwells1234
Minors (Triple A)

I dont know if it has been talked about but is the new game engine going to fix the issue of people scoring goals and teams being able to get from one end of the ice to the other in like 2 seconds flat. At times it feels like in FHM14 that the game is just spitting out words and not actually simulating a game. I would love to see a puck tracker so that I know what is actually going on. Also I would love to see some more additions to the tactics section of the game. Maybe add in formations your team plays in, if you dump and chase more or are more of a bring it across the line team. How you pinch the line on PK and so forth. Also another thing I would love to see if line matching. I want my best defenders out there against the teams best offensive powers can we get that too? Just some things I hope to see and I will definitely be getting the next FHM.
deanwells1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 04:53 AM   #166
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

The old Engine was more or less build for simulation only. Thats the reason why in theory two goals could happen in 2 seconds, it just simulated an event every 2 seconds (with most of the time the "nothing happens event" coming up). The new engine simulates the game flow of the match, so basically the game starts in the middle zone with a FO, the engine knows exactly where every player is (in which zones), it determines the FO winner and goes to the next second. Again, it knows exactly who the puck has, where everyone else is and where the puck is located. Now the player with puck might pass the puck or move it (or shot, dumb it in, clear it, ...), depending on the event one or more seconds will tick down and the game continues with the new situation.

As you can see, the new Match engine is much, much more detailed as the old one and allows us to do nice things with it in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwells1234 View Post
I dont know if it has been talked about but is the new game engine going to fix the issue of people scoring goals and teams being able to get from one end of the ice to the other in like 2 seconds flat. At times it feels like in FHM14 that the game is just spitting out words and not actually simulating a game. I would love to see a puck tracker so that I know what is actually going on. Also I would love to see some more additions to the tactics section of the game. Maybe add in formations your team plays in, if you dump and chase more or are more of a bring it across the line team. How you pinch the line on PK and so forth. Also another thing I would love to see if line matching. I want my best defenders out there against the teams best offensive powers can we get that too? Just some things I hope to see and I will definitely be getting the next FHM.
Old 02-20-2015, 05:28 AM   #167
dmytron

And adding 3d (in the very distant future) to the match engine will be much more easier since engine now knows where everyone is and where is he going so one just have to add animations (and sound).
Old 02-20-2015, 09:01 AM   #168
GMO123
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmytron View Post
And adding 3d (in the very distant future) to the match engine will be much more easier since engine now knows where everyone is and where is he going so one just have to add animations (and sound).
Yes, exactly my thoughts when I read what the new FHM engine will be doing,
2D or 3D.
GMO123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 09:21 AM   #169
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMO123 View Post
Yes, exactly my thoughts when I read what the new FHM engine will be doing,
2D or 3D.
Just to make sure: yes, the new engine design is already build with 2D/3D in mind but at the moment we have absolutely no plan to add 2d/3d to the game. That is something way down our list of stuff we have to/ want to add to the game.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:09 PM   #170
dmytron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
Just to make sure: yes, the new engine design is already build with 2D/3D in mind but at the moment we have absolutely no plan to add 2d/3d to the game. That is something way down our list of stuff we have to/ want to add to the game.
But when you'll add it (better both 2d and 3d), nobody will ever remember EHM from that point.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:14 PM   #171
viktors89
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmytron View Post
But when you'll add it (better both 2d and 3d), nobody will ever remember EHM from that point.
To be honest, it would be a dream come true for me, the only thing I would like more than FM would be... FHM with 3D.

But to make a 3d system... that takes a lot of time and resources. I absolutely see why it's down on their list of priorities, and I agree with them.
viktors89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 12:36 PM   #172
KevT90
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by viktors89 View Post
To be honest, it would be a dream come true for me, the only thing I would like more than FM would be... FHM with 3D.

But to make a 3d system... that takes a lot of time and resources. I absolutely see why it's down on their list of priorities, and I agree with them.
I personally don't care about graphics in a simulation game, especially for the work it demands. Unless there would be almost no more improvements to make in terms of gameplay / simulation realism / rules / diversity of in-game options / , etc, etc, etc. I thought the last engine in EHM was just fine, if it can get better, fine ! but the game needs more improvement in the aspects I just enumerated.

On a side note for DLC, that could be a small amount you have to pay every year for updated rosters (easports sometimes charges 60$ for a roster update). Also for major improvements to the game. Otherwise just build a new standalone every couple years and I wouldn't mind paying a 40$+ every 3-4 years for a game that would keep improving. Looking forward to FHM 2 hoping it is at least as realistic and deep as EHM 07 was almost 10 years ago now !

Thanks for doing it !

Last edited by KevT90; 02-20-2015 at 12:38 PM.
KevT90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 12:53 PM   #173
Penfold75
Major Leagues

2d/3d can be great for watching the progress of a game and how individual players are playing but right now a good solid match engine is more important. It has taken the makers of FM years to get 2d then 3d right and even then sometimes in FM15 it can be a shambles with a lot of stupid goals. If 2d or 3d eventually happens great but it shouldn't be done to the detriment of the match engine and other key features of the game. I feel FHM is starting to really get somewhere and that FHM2 is going to be a big improvement on FHM2014.
Penfold75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 02:22 PM   #174
Jaurxe
Minors (Rookie Ball)

3d would be nice, but an immersive, realistic game-world with meaningful and coherent gameplay decisions is much more important to me.
Jaurxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 09:15 AM   #175
Simple Mathematics
Minors (Rookie Ball)

3D would take a ton of time. It would also open the floodgates to the river of complaints. I vote 2D.
Simple Mathematics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 05:09 PM   #176
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Please don't talk leaps and bounds ahead before we get a solid stable simulator. 2d would be nice like ehm used to have but forget 3d for a long time.
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 05:30 PM   #177
Statsman1
Major Leagues

I'd be happy with NO-D, but if we're going to have something that moves around the screen and such, then 2D is fine.

The amount of work that would have to go into this would be huge...and for what gain? We're using this game to simulate the entire world...what does a 3D representation of that fictional world bring to the game? Not much, in my opinion.

If you want a solid NHL simulator with all the functionality and options of a real live league, then play FHM 2.

If you want a hockey game with 3D graphics, play NHL 15.
Old 02-22-2015, 05:33 PM   #178
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Oh man, NHL 15... YIKES. not sure that is the game you want to throw out there for a simulation 3d game. Though, I guess they are the leader by default sadly
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 05:37 PM   #179
Statsman1
Major Leagues

Such is the disdain with which I regard 3D graphics, in terms of what it would do to enhance FHM 2.

Not that 3D doesn't have its place - that's not what I'm saying. It makes a fun game on the PS4 with my son. But I don't believe you can have a quality 3D simulation of NHL hockey (with all the, for lack of a better word, franchise options) that would also have what FHM 2 is bringing to the table.
Old 02-22-2015, 07:59 PM   #180
DaximusPrimus
Major Leagues

Just wondering if FHM2 will be using NHL's new terminology for Corsi and Fenwick?
Shot Attemps (SAT) and Unblocked Shot Attempts (USAT) and PDO (SPSV%).
I have to say that I like the simplified names more and wouldn't mind seeing these new names in FHM2. I think going forward these new names will be the norm for the hockey statistics community.
DaximusPrimus is offline   Reply With Quote