Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 09-28-2007, 03:27 AM   #41
mikev
Hall Of Famer

Hey all, I'm Mikey and I'm the Vice Commish (currently acting as the head honcho) of the GUBA and owner of the California Crusaders.

I just wanna put in my 2 cents about the league. We are really looking for somebody who wants to be in more than just a baseball league. The GUBA is really a community, and there are a good number of former owners who don't have the time to dedicate anymore that are still around the forums. We're all pretty good friends, as much as you can be on an internet baseball forum.

A lot of the owners have been around with some sort of fantasy or sim baseball since before OOTP was around, so we're talking pretty long term here.

Anyway, what I'm getting at is that you're going to be signing up for a lot more than just a fake online baseball league. It's a big commitment, but there is also a good portion of offtopic, non-baseball stuff as well. The primary focus is the league though, and league activity is what keeps us going.

So, I invite you to join up and come be a part of something that is really more than just a baseball league.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:52 AM   #42
Recte44
Global Moderator

Mikey said it well- morning bump for our London owner. You know you want this league, just take the plunge!
Old 09-28-2007, 02:36 PM   #43
robster1225
Hall Of Famer

Hey guys, former London owner here, Just wanted to say that this is a good league, and that I had to leave for time reasons, but you'll have a blast. And, I think I have London setup for some success soon.
robster1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 04:34 PM   #44
mikev
Hall Of Famer

Also, please don't take Recte's being a gigantic Brewer homer and hold it against the rest of us. Thx.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:03 PM   #45
railroad_ross
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikev View Post
Also, please don't take Recte's being a gigantic Brewer homer and hold it against the rest of us. Thx.
Well said.

Troy Tulowitzki > Ryan Braun

Owner, New York Knights, TTBL
railroad_ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 11:59 AM   #46
Recte44
Global Moderator

Tulo on the road= Neifi Perez.

Anyways, we still need a LON owner. Talk to me!
Old 10-02-2007, 11:22 AM   #47
Recte44
Global Moderator

A final plea for LON, and now we officially need a new owner to take over for Steve Battisti in Pago Pago.

PM me.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:03 AM   #48
Recte44
Global Moderator

London filled. We do now need an owner for the Paris Guillotines.

PM me if interested.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:41 AM   #49
Recte44
Global Moderator

All spots filled. Doesn't mean we don't still want you- plenty of opportunities to get involved with GUBA, whether it be as an AGM or as a Beat Reporter (I've got a lot of ideas for folks who like to write but don't want to do the day to day stuff....ping: Dynasty writers).

PM me if you're interested!
Old 10-15-2007, 04:52 PM   #50
Recte44
Global Moderator

I need one more owner. PM me if interested.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:29 AM   #51
railroad_ross
Minors (Triple A)

Wow, what a trade deadline! Come join the action.

Owner, New York Knights, TTBL
railroad_ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 11:29 AM   #52
Recte44
Global Moderator

We may be looking for another owner. If you're totally into a super active writing fictional league, then check out the GUBA! PM me here if you're going to register for our forums so I can approve you.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:47 AM   #53
kcroyalgm
All Star Reserve

hhmm,
i registered a second time after not getting an answer the first time.
i'm definitely interested when an opening occurs.
i like the fact scouting is one and the participation factors.
i can wait patiently for an opening.
i think i used saratojo as the user name.
kcroyalgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 06:56 PM   #54
karadur
Minors (Triple A)

Signed up on the GUBA forums. I've just recently gotten back into online OOTP after playing the last two versions solo only. I recognize several names from the league and you might remember me, CaptainMorgan was in FIBB and another league which I can't remember at the moment though Im sure Recte was in it also. I would like to start as a vulture to get my feet wet but would take over any open teams if thats better.

Either way Im available to write. ALOT. No job at the moment (and no prospect of a new one any time soon) except watching my kids so I have way to much free time at the PC.
karadur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:13 PM   #55
mikev
Hall Of Famer

Guys, let me know what you signed up with as far as your username and I'll approve ya.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:48 AM   #56
Recte44
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikev View Post
Guys, let me know what you signed up with as far as your username and I'll approve ya.
The first one is "saratojo". The second one is Damien Morgan and he's already an owner.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:44 AM   #57
ronzonie007
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recte44 View Post
The first one is "saratojo". The second one is Damien Morgan and he's already an owner.
Hi, we have an opening...interested?
ronzonie007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 11:15 AM   #58
Recte44
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronzonie007 View Post
Hi, we have an opening...interested?
Nope, I'll pass.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:40 PM   #59
mikev
Hall Of Famer

Couple openings

The GUBA currently has three openings, and possibly a fourth will be coming up within the next week or so.

For those interested in a challenge, The Manhattan Myst are available. Led by crafty veteran Ernesto Ortega, youngster Ernie Downing, and aging but still productive DH Tristan Catanzara, Manhattan is in a bit of a financial bind. They lost money last year and are pretty far into the red, but they have several expiring contracts after next season and could be turned around without too much work and a little frugality.

Want more of a challenge? Take the "in-the-midst-of-a-failed-rebuild" Las Vegas Hustlers. Other than perennial MVP candidate Sam Rigsby and wunderkid closer Iestyn Lenton, Vegas doesn't really have any star power. Financially they're in okay shape, so it's just a matter of good drafting and growing the system from within to bring Vegas back to prominence.

The Santo Domingo Tortugas are probably the most desireable of the open teams. A shrewd initial draft focusing on pre-arbitration twentysomethings has resulted in an above .500 squad led by all-everything slugger Angel Filgueira and a solid but not spectacular pitching staff fronted by Graveyard Shimizu. The Turtles are on the fence -- a new owner could choose to sell off all their quality big leaguers and build for the future, or pull out all the stops and make a run next season.

There could be another team announced open shortly, but I'll hold off on it for now.

If you have some interest, register for the forums and send me a PM. I'll approve your account and you can come join the fracass. We hope to see you soon!
Old 01-08-2008, 12:49 PM   #60
karadur
Minors (Triple A)

Great League

I've been in the league a short time but the setup and people in this league make it one of the most enjoyable I've ever been in. So grab the Myst and help try and dethrone NY from the MBBA Atlantic!
karadur is offline   Reply With Quote