Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 10-30-2019, 02:49 PM   #1
Lappaacco
Minors (Single A)

Post No manager points end of the year

So, I'm playing from league, to league. I was on my second OHL year. I won championship and Memorial cup. So I didn't want to renew my contract anymore. But it gets automatically signed. That's fine, so I manually resigned. After I sim end of the season. I didn't get any manager points. On July 1st I get 0 job offers (Last year when there was pop up -option, where I can choose if I want to renew my contract. and I choosed "No" I get lots of job offers on July 1st. Its now November and I'm jobless. I got one job offer from OHL on October.

Other year when I resigned on mid of July (I was palying Mestis), I get job offer on August (OHL). I've been playing Suomi-Sarja 3 years, promoted to Mestis. In Mestis 2 years and after that 2 years OHL. So I've been free agent only two times.

My suggestion is, if there would be option or something if I wanna use that contract renew -pop up window or not. Because it worked fine when that was there. That was nice when there where a lots of job offers on July 1 and I got my manager points when I choose not to renew my contract.

Sorry my bad english, not my motherlanguage.
Lappaacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 07:45 PM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

The lack of job offers on July 1 in your game isn't related to the contract automatically renewing, that's just random luck. Some years will have more job openings at your level, some years fewer, it just depends on what individual teams decide to do. FHM6 actually increased the preference for a human GM slightly when teams are considering who to offer their GM job to.

You do need to be employed when you reach June 30 to get your offseason manager points, though - that's as it was last year, nothing changed there.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 04:15 PM   #3
Teloch
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
You do need to be employed when you reach June 30 to get your offseason manager points, though - that's as it was last year, nothing changed there.
You need to be employed with the team you started the season with, right? I've both resigned myself and accepted an offer from another team when my contract is about to expire. No points in either case. That's now 3 years out of 4 that I've played my journeyman in lower leagues and earned 0 points for my efforts. Is there a specific reason it's like this? Seems silly to me.
Teloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 05:23 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

I think it's using the results in your history for this season with your current team, so if you just switched jobs at the end of the year, there won't be any. That should probably be changed to just use everything in your history for the current season. There's one part of the score that won't be able to do that, but otherwise I think we can change it so you get credit for things you did that year with another team.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote