Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 11-25-2019, 09:41 AM   #1
HelpDodgers
Major Leagues

Season 36 (2054) - Discussion Thread

I didn't see it yet, and I'm ready for for rebuilding year.

Over in PL .431 there is one very big whale, the Dolphins (and in the ocean, Dolphins are just Whales with teeth (it's true).

Belfest's division has all 5 teams who won 90+ games last season, all made the playoffs. It's the toughest division. Dog eat dog to see who can play the whale.

Going to be interesting. Belfast is going to tinker with some lineup changes. Some training will be going on. There isn't going to be a player change this season unless something special happens.

Good luck everyone.
Attached Images
HelpDodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 09:52 AM   #2
brrrdt1
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDodgers View Post
I didn't see it yet, and I'm ready for for rebuilding year.

Over in PL .431 there is one very big whale, the Dolphins (and in the ocean, Dolphins are just Whales with teeth (it's true).

Belfest's division has all 5 teams who won 90+ games last season, all made the playoffs. It's the toughest division. Dog eat dog to see who can play the whale.

Going to be interesting. Belfast is going to tinker with some lineup changes. Some training will be going on. There isn't going to be a player change this season unless something special happens.

Good luck everyone.
Good luck to you, Belfast. It's a pretty interesting league. Lots of teams that could pick up their first PL, only a handful that even have one already, and one..cough...cough...Dolphin...erm...whale (it me). Looking forward to seeing the season play out.

brrrdt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 10:02 AM   #3
Thornbreaker
Minors (Double A)

Totallers made the playoffs again last week, but got knocked out quickly. Going to be difficult to ever see a 2nd championship in PL.

Anyone know what the collection missions are this week that got added?

Thornbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 10:22 AM   #4
Catchthedamnball
Minors (Double A)

Duking it out in D402 this week. There are five teams with DL titles in my conference and two in my division... meanwhile there are none in the other conference. Luck of the draw.

No teams I recognize aside from the Cleveland Motors in the other conference. :waves:

Catchthedamnball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 10:37 AM   #5
sharknut
All Star Reserve

My Perfect and Diamond teams keep bouncing back and forth between divisions...

sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 11:28 AM   #6
HelpDodgers
Major Leagues

Season Predictions show Belfast may squeeze in. Going to be tough. The Dolphins will be the test in our two series we play during regular season. Play them in May and July... Belfast gets 4 out of 7 at home.

Belfast doesn't play Weston in Sept or Oct. Don't know if that is good or bad.

Good luck everyone.
Attached Images
Old 11-25-2019, 11:30 AM   #7
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

can you post predictions for the other conference? I run the Doctrine with my dad, so I'm curious how we stack up this season
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 11:51 AM   #8
HelpDodgers
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyWR View Post
can you post predictions for the other conference? I run the Doctrine with my dad, so I'm curious how we stack up this season
I actually saved that one also in a cut/paste before it/in case it disappears

Based on this, you are predicted to get second wild card.
Attached Images
Old 11-25-2019, 12:00 PM   #9
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

Thanks man. So we got a shot, thats a plus. As long as we can make the postseason, anything can happen, doesn't look like there are any superwhales on our side so....
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 12:28 PM   #10
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Season Predictions show Belfast may squeeze in. Going to be tough. The Dolphins will be the test in our two series we play during regular season. Play them in May and July... Belfast gets 4 out of 7 at home.
Where are Season Predictions found in PT?
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 01:44 PM   #11
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Another season, another path on the road to evisceration.

Some subtle pitching changes across the board. While the Rebs reshuffled most of the rotation in the last two weeks, the Critters keep tweaking their bedeviled bullpen. KC has laid off longtime pen artists Sparky Lyke and Dave Righetti to profiteer of the new missions. They're the trade-to-get-rich scheme after all.

The Critters are in a division with the IB Breakers, by whom they will surely be broken, and KC has a tough division by the looks of it, too... (Lyin' Cheatin' Senators, anybody?)
Attached Images

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.

Last edited by Westheim; 11-25-2019 at 01:46 PM.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 01:50 PM   #12
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyzan View Post
I have not seen this either and would like to know. Thx
Old 11-25-2019, 03:04 PM   #13
HelpDodgers
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyzan View Post
BBN Home.. Links....

(it usually isn't available).
Attached Images
Old 11-25-2019, 03:10 PM   #14
brrrdt1
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
BBN Home.. Links....

(it usually isn't available).
Might only be available before the season starts--I think it disappears in regular OOTP too. Didn't realize they had it in PT at all though, so that's cool.

brrrdt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 08:22 PM   #15
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

The Frogs have materialized in P414 this week. If the team is to 3-peat and print up a bunch of t-shirts with Scottie Pippen, Michael Jordan, Will Perdue etc on them, then there is a hard road ahead.

First of all, the Frogs will be sharing the AC East division with the power whale and 10-time PL champ Long Beach-Compton Anarcho-Syndicalists. I'll take nicknames that are too long for $600, Alex. Both teams have been winning 120+ games lately, so the 5-time PL champ Frogs might be competitive for the division crown. But, probably not. Both teams are currently 12-4; LBC is 2-1 against the Frogs so far.

The AC Central boasts the 2nd mega-whale of the conference in the Fresno Losers. The "Losers" actually have 5 PL titles of their own and can be counted on for 130+ wins, week in and week out.

In the NC, the one-time PL champ Auburn Doubledays appear to have a pretty cushy placement. They are the only team in that conference with a PL-level title. Must be nice...

The only other team with a PL title in P414 is the Philadelphia Potatoes (also in the AC East). Their win came last week after a 102-60 regular season.

Good luck to all those trying to divide their attention between main PT, new collections, and "tournament science" this week.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 11:00 PM   #16
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Huntley Red Raiders: Last Week, P420; This Week...

...P420.

Hey, it makes it easy to remember which league I'm in. And it's nice to know we didn't get "demoted"!

Anyway, Huntley's off to a decent start this year (yes, I'm humblebragging, but mostly because I know it won't last so I'm enjoying it while I can!). Three of the other 4 teams in the NC Central with the Red Raiders have won Diamond championships, so if this first day is any indication, one of these teams could finish in the coveted Wild Card Team That Finishes Far Behind a Dominant Regular-Season Huntley Team But Then Nevertheless Defeats the Red Raiders in the Division Series position that has served many well over the years. Never lose hope, fellow NC Central inhabitants! And while the NC West is home to 3 former Diamond champions, the NC East does not have any former Perfect or Diamond champions, so at least one upstart looking to upend the established order will be represented in the NC playoffs.

In the AC, the team to beat is the AC West-residing 8-time () Perfect League champion Pawnee Harvesters...or is it another AC West inhabitant, the also-8-time () Perfect League champion Denver Doggos? Or perhaps it's the AC Central's 2-time Perfect League champion Hickory Crawdads? Or maybe it's AC East-dwelling Santa Monica Beachgoers, who have won a Bronze, Silver, Gold, Diamond, and Perfect championship (wait, what happened in Iron?!?)? I guess what I'm saying is, the P420 AC is going to be a battle.

Good luck to all!
Attached Images

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 02:53 AM   #17
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

As of April 28th, 2054 the Frogs have a 20-8 record. Some tough sledding against other whales (1-2 against Long Beach-Compton, 1-3 against Fresno). Otherwise we are 18-3. Also a team-wide offensive slump. For a team that usually hits ~.285, seeing that .246 number staring back at me is wrenching. Not a single Frog is batting above .287 right now.

Collection missions have brought some interesting new roster options. Joining the active roster for a try out are 92 Don Mattingly (over 94 George Sisler), 94 Paul Lo Duca (over 99 Ivan Rodriguez), 99 Herb Pennock (over 93 Tug McGraw), and 99 Jim Gilliam (over 84 Johnny Pesky). Pesky was the last remaining gold-level player on the active roster. The new longest-tenured Frogs are 100 Christy Mathewson and 95 Satchel Paige. Both joined the team way back in 2039.

May looks to be a much more favorable schedule. Hopefully the team can get into a groove and get that batting average up.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 03:12 AM   #18
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brrrdt1 View Post
Might only be available before the season starts--I think it disappears in regular OOTP too. Didn't realize they had it in PT at all though, so that's cool.
Yeah, he said it usually isn't available, you mentioned only before the season & it's worded 'Preseason Predictions', plus that's what I figured when I read that it wasn't usually available.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 03:16 AM   #19
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
As of April 28th, 2054 the Frogs have a 20-8 record. Some tough sledding against other whales (1-2 against Long Beach-Compton, 1-3 against Fresno). Otherwise we are 18-3. Also a team-wide offensive slump. For a team that usually hits ~.285, seeing that .246 number staring back at me is wrenching. Not a single Frog is batting above .287 right now.

Collection missions have brought some interesting new roster options. Joining the active roster for a try out are 92 Don Mattingly (over 94 George Sisler), 94 Paul Lo Duca (over 99 Ivan Rodriguez), 99 Herb Pennock (over 93 Tug McGraw), and 99 Jim Gilliam (over 84 Johnny Pesky). Pesky was the last remaining gold-level player on the active roster. The new longest-tenured Frogs are 100 Christy Mathewson and 95 Satchel Paige. Both joined the team way back in 2039.

May looks to be a much more favorable schedule. Hopefully the team can get into a groove and get that batting average up.
It ain't easy to endure under-achievement of a team you are or you have invested in. The good news, is unless you have really bad luck this season & continue hitting, err, .246 (NOT LIKELY I'M BETTING)… you will probably have a month where your team hits better than .310, too.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 08:57 AM   #20
HelpDodgers
Major Leagues

Belfast is off to their usual slow start. Last year's league MVP Ruth has decided to not hit early and John Clarkson is off to a very slow start. Losing our first 4 out of 5, we are lucky to only be 1 game out of AC Central. Yelich and Joe Jackson are on fire and are carrying the team.

Some really good pitching in this league so Belfast is going to swing for the fences on anything over the plate, look for walks to keep them (Ed Welsh, Tim Keefe) honest and run run run...

This is going to be tough to make playoffs.

(bonus, anyone remember the card in my avatar and why is it epic?)
Attached Images