Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 03-03-2018, 06:44 AM   #1
italyprof
All Star Reserve

HELP !! I have no more new players appearing in my first year player draft !!

A Random Debut Historical League, which has gone successfully for six seasons, suddenly does not provide any players for the scheduled first year player draft. I have it set to 8 rounds, but none appear. The Draft Pool announcement has the usual chatter but lists no names.

I fast-forwarded two seasons in a row to get to the draft and still no players.

I like this league, it has 6 years of history starting in 1901 (with 1986 perpetually set as the historical year) - Mike Donlin winning 5 batting titles in six seasons, several different world champions repeating once and then falling out of contention, Ty Cobb and Ted Williams competing to be the best player in the NL as their Orphans and Reds compete for first place.

I would like to continue it. What might I have done wrong? Is there any way to save it? Why do no more new players appear?

Thanks for any help that may be suggested here.
italyprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 07:24 AM   #2
JaBurns
All Star Starter

It has to somewhere in your game settings. Are you pointing at the database you want to use for your players?
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 08:19 AM   #3
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Can you screenshot the historical settings page and the rules page? I've never heard of this happening. You have it set to 8 rounds. Do you have I set to create players for eight rounds as well? Ugh, this is a stumper.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 09:18 AM   #4
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Check your settings for your league under the historical tab. There are a bunch of settings on the left side of the screen, you may be missing a check mark.
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 02:01 PM   #5
italyprof
All Star Reserve

Got it fixed . Thanks everyone. Somwhow the "automatically import historical players" was unchecked. D'oh! As Home Run Simpson says.
italyprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 09:59 PM   #6
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by italyprof View Post
Got it fixed . Thanks everyone. Somwhow the "automatically import historical players" was unchecked. D'oh! As Home Run Simpson says.
Upvoted for "Home Run Simpson". Please keep this.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote