Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - New to the Game?

OOTP 16 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 08-06-2016, 01:24 PM   #1
rounder829
Bat Boy

Ballparks in Fictional League

Hey guys,

I just got back into playing OOTP 16 after a long absence and need a little help remembering how to find a couple things. I started a custom league with teams from different eras, but mostly from 1995. I updated all the logos and colors, but how do I update the ballparks? Like changing Milwaukee to Miller Park and Pirates to PNC Park? The newer ballparks aren't in the pulldown list.

My second question has to do with my league I started. I'm assuming that the future drafts in this league will be fictional players, but isn't there a way to start a league from a certain year, change the teams and divisions and have each following draft be the players from the real life draft pool of each year? I tried starting a historical league, but it doesn't let you change the structure and teams in that format.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
rounder829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 10:11 PM   #2
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

to change ball parks ( i am hoping 16 is the same as 17, but i am not certain). (i'm also trying to do this from poor memory - not at my game computer ... so it might not be perfect to follow ...)

Under your team menu go to financials, edit team logos and ballparks, edit ball parks. i think it's functions (it's the tab on the far right after you get to edit ball parks) - On that drop down menu somewhere there is import ballparks. click on that. it will give you a menu of different years, so you can pick whatever year ballpark you want. select the park (prk file - or whatever it is, not the jpg ones) ... and update over exiting park data.

i probably missed a few steps, but basically that should get you in the right direction, sort of.

i'm doing a historical league, and i can change the structure (but i am using OOTP 17, don't think it should matter ..... but still it's a disclaimer). Under league setting, Function, you can add teams and have a draft. Then under Teams (next tab over from Functions), you can modify the league structure. This is pretty rough description, but it's the best i can do from memory .... Sorry and good luck.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote