Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 07-06-2018, 02:30 AM   #41
AlexB
Minors (Rookie Ball)

FOF has always had real player names, but fake teams. But the teams are very easy to edit, and there’s only 32 of them
Old 07-07-2018, 12:17 PM   #42
Aceshigh24
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhaums View Post
I believe that at the moment EA has exclusive rights to NFL teams, so unless the NFL changes terms with that license (and people speculate that the current license may last as long as till 2023), there's no hope of an OOTP Football with proper licenses
I believe with EA having the license that shouldn't matter. At one point 2K sports had the full license to distribute the MLB license to all systems but Sony was still able to use the license for MLB the Show because it was for just 1 system. I think the same may apply to the NFL since this is technically for just 1 system, PC.

Not a 100% sure but maybe?!?!

Last edited by Aceshigh24; 07-07-2018 at 12:18 PM.
Old 07-09-2018, 02:42 PM   #43
skinsfan55
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceshigh24 View Post
I believe with EA having the license that shouldn't matter. At one point 2K sports had the full license to distribute the MLB license to all systems but Sony was still able to use the license for MLB the Show because it was for just 1 system. I think the same may apply to the NFL since this is technically for just 1 system, PC.

Not a 100% sure but maybe?!?!
Will it matter either way? I honestly prefer playing with fictional cities and teams... and within a month fan made rosters will probably be available from Operation Sports or something.

I just want a good engine that will make sim football leagues a reality. I don't think there's a single sim football league anymore except for Madden.
Old 07-09-2018, 08:00 PM   #44
Cole
Hall Of Famer

I would highly, highly doubt that an NFL license will be in the budget for the first year of this partnership. But as has already been mentioned it doesn't really matter too much as it's easy enough to import proper team names/logos/players after release.
Old 07-09-2018, 11:43 PM   #45
Aceshigh24
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan55 View Post
Will it matter either way? I honestly prefer playing with fictional cities and teams... and within a month fan made rosters will probably be available from Operation Sports or something.

I just want a good engine that will make sim football leagues a reality. I don't think there's a single sim football league anymore except for Madden.
Pretty sure it won't matter anyway. OOTP went years and years without a license and still crushed life so bring on the MODs!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-12-2018, 12:27 PM   #46
Leo_The_Lip
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
I would highly, highly doubt that an NFL license will be in the budget for the first year of this partnership. But as has already been mentioned it doesn't really matter too much as it's easy enough to import proper team names/logos/players after release.
Please remember that names (and statistics) are considered 'news' and therefore not subject to restriction. These are not subject to licensing agreements. That is why FOF began to include player names several iterations ago. So real names WILL continue to be part of the game. There is no restriction on them.

Logos and graphics are another issue. These are covered by the licensing agreements. They will need to be imported. No big deal about that.

Player pictures and uniforms will be covered by licensing, so if FOF upgrades to include these, mods will need to be done.
Old 07-13-2018, 02:55 PM   #47
Reggie
Major Leagues

I'm going to revive the USFL
Old 07-20-2018, 06:30 AM   #48
bradko
Minors (Single A)

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Yawn. I could not be less interested in this. Jim Gindin's well known distaste for making games, you know, interesting for the serious sports management gamer, will make this game DOA. I will stick to baseball and OOTP till he gives up creative control or should I say uncreative control.

Last edited by bradko; 07-20-2018 at 06:47 AM.
Old 07-20-2018, 12:17 PM   #49
Aceshigh24
All Star Reserve

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradko View Post
yawn. I could not be less interested in this. Jim gindin's well known distaste for making games, you know, interesting for the serious sports management gamer, will make this game doa. I will stick to baseball and ootp till he gives up creative control or should i say uncreative control.
Attached Images
Old 07-20-2018, 03:15 PM   #50
mickey7
Minors (Double A)

bradko-----I have serious reservations about this game as well. If Gindin has creative control the game will be cumbersome, ugly, not player friendly-----FOF as well as his college game fit all those descriptions !
Old 07-21-2018, 01:16 AM   #51
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

I’m not sure what you are talking about? FOF currently has a huge amount of depth and features. It’s biggest downfall is the windows 95 interface which ootp will make its immediate impact.
Old 07-21-2018, 03:30 AM   #52
bradko
Minors (Single A)

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
The biggest issue for me is not solved by putting a coat of paint. I don't even use facegen to do historical ootp league i am playing. Historical play with FOF oh sorry league size has to be 32. FOF is geared to multiplayer. Any flexibility for a solo player? No. And even if these issues were solved the match engine where you can basically just watch things scroll by unless you manually try to hit pause in time after every play would make the experience unenjoyable. Other than this FOF is a pretty solid game. Currently I just enjoy OOTP better. People can roll their eyes at me but I have hoped for a football game for a long time that would be as good as some early ootp baseball games. I was hopefull when they announced they were going to work on one and now I thing they are going to put new paint on an old horse and expect everyone to say wow. So roll your eyes I am too old and have waited too long so if I irritate fanboys so be it. It is after all just my opinion which I am sure they don't give a squat about anyway. So relax.
Old 07-21-2018, 07:25 PM   #53
james17
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
I’m not sure what you are talking about? FOF currently has a huge amount of depth and features. It’s biggest downfall is the windows 95 interface which ootp will make its immediate impact.
I agree. FOF has incredible depth but the well-known cumbersome interface. Giving it the OOTP treatment will solve that and satisfy me. Then hopefully down the line they can add customization features.

That said, I'm getting real anxious about when the game is coming out. I too have been waiting a long time and I'm creeping up on 70 years old. I'd like this game to be out before I kick the bucket.
Old 07-22-2018, 08:10 PM   #54
mickey7
Minors (Double A)

I agree with almost every concern of bradko and still am not enthused by this game---Unlike James 17 I certainly would NOT buy this game if customization came along "down the line". It is precisely my biggest concern, little or no customization would not be an OOTP product in my mind !!
Old 07-28-2018, 05:22 PM   #55
papatomany2
Bat Boy

I'll buy this game the second it comes out. I played the hound out of FOF and the College Years a few years back, but every time I think about starting up a new dynasty, the clunky interface keeps me from doing it. Anything else that makes it's way from OOTP is just icing for me.
Old 07-28-2018, 11:44 PM   #56
Silent_Thunder
Minors (Triple A)

Very glad to hear this, especially as UI was one of the huge weaknesses in FOF's design.
Old 07-30-2018, 08:55 AM   #57
wilkiburger14
Minors (Double A)

I will be buying the game immediately, I hope we can manage all teams too.Hotseat fashion
Old 08-05-2018, 07:42 AM   #58
whouse85
Minors (Rookie Ball)

This game basically needs to be OOTP Baseball, except be Football. I’ve been playing the baseball game a few years now and I’m not even a big baseball fan....but I’ve always been fascinated at seeing the entire league history in a game. The ability to pull up past players profiles and look at stats or make them a coach or whatever. The ridiculous amount of detail and ability to customize every single thing from team names to adding expansion teams to everything about players, etc is what makes the game so great. I’d be the happiest gamer on earth if ootp just made a football game in the same mold as its baseball game. I’d prob die if a college football version ever came out. That would be as good as it gets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-11-2018, 10:01 AM   #59
Steeldogfan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

In order to make great strides, one must start with a small step! I am looking forward to this!
Old 08-11-2018, 10:36 AM   #60
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeldogfan View Post
In order to make great strides, one must start with a small step! I am looking forward to this!
I agree, I think the first version will be a good game and will grow into a great game.

However get ready for all of the "the sky is falling" posts that will come with the first release. It's not going to be OOTP 19. It's going to be OOTP Developments' FOF 1 , the first step to a great game.