Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - New to the Game?

OOTP 20 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 04-15-2019, 11:48 PM   #1
CyborgManatee
Bat Boy

Waiver Wire Alerts?

I have played the last three versions of OOTP so I'm not entirely unfamiliar with the game, but this is a pretty basic question. Is there a way to get alerts if certain caliber players are put on the waiver wire in franchise mode (say like, 2+ star players, certain positions, etc.)? As it is I find myself having to get lucky to look at it at the right time if I'm looking to pick up somebody via waiver wire.

If I recall correctly, this is something you can do in FHM so I wasn't sure if I was just missing the feature in OOTP.

Thanks!
CyborgManatee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 11:46 PM   #2
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

great suggestion, either way.

i think only if they are shortlisted could you get an alert by email.

i guess you could create a shortlist with everone on it, LoL! may get some false positive emails... just a few...
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 10:57 AM   #3
AirmenSmith
Hall Of Famer

I would love for this as well. Since I sim only, I know i'm missing out on players on waivers.

Same could go for free agency. It would be nice to get an alert based off certain parameters.

AirmenSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 01:45 PM   #4
BluejayDiehard
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirmenSmith View Post
I would love for this as well. Since I sim only, I know i'm missing out on players on waivers.

Same could go for free agency. It would be nice to get an alert based off certain parameters.
Completely agree. I wish there was an option to stop simulating if a player shows up on waivers or if a new player shows up in free agency. You would need to be able to set parameters otherwise you wouldn't be able to sim more than a day at a time.
BluejayDiehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 10:54 AM   #5
x McLovin x
Minors (Double A)

I've been curious about the same thing. I'm assuming there currently isn't a way for us to do this via settings in the game? If not, this would be a tremendous improvement to the game.
x McLovin x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 11:36 PM   #6
Mat
All Star Reserve

No there is not. But good suggestion.
Mat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 05:53 PM   #7
LegalEagle80
Minors (Double A)

There is an email generated to your inbox if a really good player is placed on waivers. I'm not sure what triggers it, or if it's triggered every time it happens, but I know for a fact I've gotten email alerts when a 4 star player was waived, for example.

Good suggestion though, and I'd also like one if a player is released or DFA'd as well.
LegalEagle80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 11:15 PM   #8
ripsix
Bat Boy

Does this option exist in OOTP 22 yet? If not, think it would be nice to at least set the scouted quality of the player to trigger the alert. After seeing some pretty good players on waivers in my rebuild save, I feel like I have to check waivers every single day and gets a little tedious.
ripsix is offline   Reply With Quote