Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 04-12-2019, 10:01 AM   #1
Pivot
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Injury Frequency??

I just started a new season. After only three games, I have four (!!) relief pitchers on the DL. Three of them are out for for 3-4 months. Bad luck or am I doing something wrong?? Is there a way to control injury frequency?
Pivot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 10:16 AM   #2
bigsmooth
Major Leagues

Disabling or Adjusting Injury Frequency

Injuries can be turned off completely, or the frequency adjusted. This can be done during game creation in the Suspension, Injury, and Fatigue Options section of the Game Options page. After game creation, this can be changed at any time by navigating to OOTP Menu >> Game Setup >> Global Setup tab. Disabling injuries part-way through a game will not un-injure any currently injured players.
bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 10:25 AM   #3
bigsmooth
Major Leagues

Injury Frequency: Determines how frequently injuries occur in your universe. The higher the frequency, the more injuries will occur. The value can be set from Extremely Low to Very High. The default setting (Normal) is the classic OOTP setting, which is somewhat lower than real-life injury numbers. The High setting approximates realistic modern day injury settings. But be forewarned! You'll be surprised at how many injuries GMs have to deal with!
bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 10:27 AM   #4
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

Not in front of the game right now but you can certainly change injury frequency settings in your league settings. You can even disable injuries altogether. (Edit: Typing this novella as bigsmooth was responding so thanks to them for basically saying what I was typing but more succinctly than I did. )

My sense is that you just ran into a bit of bad luck early. It should be noted that, as in real life, pitchers are more likely to get injured than position players in OOTP. There could certainly be other factors at work here too. For instance, how good your team trainer is but also the injury proneness ratings of your players. With pitchers especially it is always good to target as many durable (or even better, Iron Man) types as possible. Even normal injury proneness is likely to lead to missed playing time.

Injuries have apparently long been a source of contention around here with many OOTP gamers feeling they happen far too frequently (although some recent arguments are that frequency is fine but intensity is too high) but it seems that most data indicates that on the highest settings of injury frequency OOTP most closely mirrors real life and that most games under-represent injuries and as fans we tend to under-estimate just how much time is lost each year to injuries.

With pitching especially it pays to have great depth and several serviceable arms at AAA just waiting for the call-up to take the spot of an injured teammate.

Last edited by BirdWatcher; 04-12-2019 at 10:29 AM.
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 01:06 PM   #5
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

there's an injury txt file you can adjust various things per type of injury too.

e.g. if you think too many torn ACLs are occuring, you find that type of injury, if not that exact name and adjust the values. either manual or another thread can help with formatting on that file and how to appropriately manipulate it.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 12:33 PM   #6
Sociallyawkward15
Bat Boy

so, ive created a new league and found where you change injury frequency, but it doesnt let me change it from normal(ootp classic) why?
Sociallyawkward15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 01:34 PM   #7
Sociallyawkward15
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmooth View Post
Disabling or Adjusting Injury Frequency

Injuries can be turned off completely, or the frequency adjusted. This can be done during game creation in the Suspension, Injury, and Fatigue Options section of the Game Options page. After game creation, this can be changed at any time by navigating to OOTP Menu >> Game Setup >> Global Setup tab. Disabling injuries part-way through a game will not un-injure any currently injured players.
normal and high are the only two i can select
Old 04-28-2020, 01:49 PM   #8
Sociallyawkward15
Bat Boy

i figured it out you can't have challenge mode enabled. if i knew how to delete this post i would.

apparently challenge mode locks certain settings.