Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 06-09-2015, 09:33 AM   #21
Hank1974
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penfold75 View Post
Hank1974 I have to agree with some of your sentiments towards the Oilers. There is something deeply wrong with that franchise and how it is managed. They tanked every season and got all the Number One picks in the drafts from 2010 until 2012 (Hall, Yakupov and Nugent-Hopkins) plus the Number 3 in 2014 (Draisatl). Not only do they suck enough to get the #1 pick but then they completely suck with these guys who would be stars on any other team. The franchise shows a complete lack of ambition and I think that is why they struggle to attract top free agents. Coupled with the mismanagement would anyone in their right mind want to go there?

Being a Jets fan I saw my team (and also the Nordiques) sold off and relocated for less reasons than why the Oilers are struggling and I think it is time for them to be moved elsewhere. There are other markets who could potentially do far better than Edmonton.
I agree.
The only reason I wouldn't want them moved is because of the fans.
They don't deserve it. Especially over the past few years when they've sold out Rexall place hundreds of times to watch an AHL team.

The management team is absolute garbage. For the fans sake, I really hope that Nicholson and Chiarelli can turn things around.
I still believe Lowe and MacTavish need to be fired.
I understand the need to be tethered to the past, but only if the personnel involved are doing a good job - which MacT and Lowe have proven time and time again they aren't.

I hope that McDavid can at least get the Oilers into the playoffs. But even Sidney Crosby couldn't help the Pens - who had a much better team in his rookie year than McDavid has to work with.

Anyway, I guess I'm getting off topic. Sorry about that fella's.
Hank1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 11:39 AM   #22
Penfold75
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank1974 View Post
I agree.
The only reason I wouldn't want them moved is because of the fans.
They don't deserve it. Especially over the past few years when they've sold out Rexall place hundreds of times to watch an AHL team..
Hank1974 any topic is better than the doom and gloom surrounding FHM2

It is always the fans that suffer from these moves/relocations. I remember Jets fans fighting to keep us from moving and trying to keep the team alive.

The only time I felt that fans deserved to lose a team was in the NBA and the lack of support shown to the Sonics before they moved out of Seattle. Makes me wonder if Seattle is really the best place for hockey to go to despite Chris Hansen's millions.
Penfold75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 11:55 AM   #23
Hank1974
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Hank1974 any topic is better than the doom and gloom surrounding FHM2

It is always the fans that suffer from these moves/relocations. I remember Jets fans fighting to keep us from moving and trying to keep the team alive.

The only time I felt that fans deserved to lose a team was in the NBA and the lack of support shown to the Sonics before they moved out of Seattle. Makes me wonder if Seattle is really the best place for hockey to go to despite Chris Hansen's millions.
LOL, I hear you. It's like a funeral died in this place some days, haha.

The Sonics failure has me questioning Seattle's validity as a hockey market as well..
I know they've said that the old building had something to do with it, but years of mediocrity might be the culprit as well.
Perhaps Seattle simply isn't a great basketball market either? Who knows.

Saying that, I believe Seattle has potential to be a great hockey market based on their support of their soccer (football?) team.
They routinely sell out and, correct me if I'm wrong, they have the highest attendance every season.

Soccer and hockey in North America seem to have a connection to some degree, so it makes me believe that hockey could work in that area as well.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in the next year or two.
It sure seems like there's going to be a roll-out of expansion teams starting with Vegas.
KC also has a fairly new facility and they've been clamouring for an NHL team as well.
With Seattle, Vegas, KC, Quebec and Toronto all lining up for teams, things could get really interesting.

I know the NHL and its owners are all about making as much money as possible, I still think the league would do itself a favour by relocating teams to area's like Seattle instead of granting an expansion team.
In non-traditional markets, getting an established team will help jumpstart interest similar to what happened in Colorado, while solid markets like Quebec and Toronto would be happy to endure bushels of losses while their expansion team was building from the ground up.

But when you're talking about $350-$400M for an expansion fee, I understand why the NHL would prefer 4 new franchises instead of 2 moved (Arizona & Florida) and 2 new.
Old 06-09-2015, 12:03 PM   #24
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

I still would like too know how expansion works before I make any plans. If there can be more than one expansion,it will change a lot of things.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 04:07 PM   #25
onyewu
Minors (Double A)

1) ISLANDERS
2) No
3) No
onyewu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 08:18 PM   #26
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwells1234 View Post
Do I smell a fellow Nashville fan?

season ticket holder
zyberianwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 10:17 PM   #27
Hajew86
Minors (Single A)

I'm excited for the new game after the buying the first game and being disappointed with the outcome. It definitely looks like the game will improve. Good job guys, keep it up.

1) Yotes
2) No expansion at first.. Maybe contraction to improve competition?
3) Would like to see Seattle, Milwaukee(Green Bay), Quebec City, and KC instead of un-hockey like cities.
Hajew86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 11:44 PM   #28
HopefulCubsFan9
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Just a small post to change the focus on FHM2 from negativity to something a bit more fun and positive.

So FHM2 comes out and is far superior to FHM2014. The new features, immersion in the game and the new game engine have blown us all away much to the surprise of the naysayers.

1) Who is your team? Who are you looking forward to managing?
2) Will you expand? Who are your expansion teams?
3) Will you move any of the struggling current NHL teams?
1. Chicago. Will try to continue our winning ways despite a tight salary cap.
2. Possibly
3. Oilers
HopefulCubsFan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 03:22 AM   #29
hluraven
Major Leagues

1. Not sure, I prefer struggling teams so whoever looks worst probably.
2. No, never.
3. None.
hluraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 06:40 AM   #30
pisquid
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank1974 View Post
But when you're talking about $350-$400M for an expansion fee, I understand why the NHL would prefer 4 new franchises instead of 2 moved (Arizona & Florida) and 2 new.
Try $500 million or more for an expansion franchise. That's the rumoured expansion fee.
pisquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 10:39 AM   #31
Hank1974
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisquid View Post
Try $500 million or more for an expansion franchise. That's the rumoured expansion fee.
Yeah, that's a crazy number.
Imagine privately funding a new arena too?
Now you're talking over $1B for a new team. A team that will suck for many years.

You better really believe in your market to make that kind of commitment.

And if I'm Vegas, Seattle or any new US team, I'd be asking Bettman what he plans to do in order to make the product on the ice better so I can sell the sport to the masses.
I wonder if Vegas fans will like watching 3-1 losses where every goal is a deflection or screen and goalies look like the damn Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.
But that's a rant for another day.
Old 07-10-2015, 11:09 AM   #32
mpejkrm
All Star Reserve

I'll probably end up doing a save with most of the current NHL teams (except the Hawks) just because I like playing around with different teams and styles. No expansion or relocation for me.
mpejkrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 12:16 AM   #33
Rokiu
Bat Boy

I'll probably start with the Quebec Remparts, move the Coyotes to Las Vegas after 1-2 years, then expand 1-2 teams 3-4 years later and take control of one of them as Founder GM
Rokiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 07:34 PM   #34
Penfold75
Major Leagues

I neglected to answer my own question so here goes.

1) My team is the Winnipeg Jets. During the time that the Jets weren't around I supported the Penguins as Mario Lemieux is one of my heroes.
2) I plan to use the expansion option. I will add Seattle and Quebec. I don't buy into the whole Vegas thing and I reckon professional sports shouldn't mix with the US's gambling capital.
3) I definitely will move the Coyotes and it will be a toss up between Kansas City and another team in Toronto to replace them.
Penfold75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 09:31 PM   #35
iamcline
Minors (Rookie Ball)

1) Hurricanes
2) Not sure really, would love to try it out.
3) Arizona probably.
iamcline is offline   Reply With Quote