Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-24-2013, 06:33 PM   #1
abefrohman
Major Leagues

Upgrading from OOTP 13 to OOTP 14

Hi everyone. Last October I purchased OOTP 13 and I love it! So, I was thinking about upgrading to OOTP 14. I have read many of the reviews of the game and I concur that it is the best. I just have a few questions and I'm hoping that someone or some people can answer them:

1) Pardon my ignorance in advance, but if I have OOTP 13 and want to upgrade to OOTP 14, can I keep the same statistics for my current season or will I need to start from scratch?

2) When I first downloaded OOTP 13, the logos and uniforms were not the accurate, real uniforms used to MLB and Minor League teams. I had to go to OOTP Mods to get these items. Has this process gotten any easier or smoother with OOTP 14?
abefrohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:44 PM   #2
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

When you Import your league from v13 to v14 everything comes with it. Your league will be at the same point it was in v14. All stats/history will be there.

As for the logos/uniforms, all of that will come with the import. Now if you want the new logos/uniforms to be available for a new league created in v14 you would have to install them. I'm 99.9% sure of this answer.
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:46 PM   #3
Doc_Brown
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by abefrohman View Post
Hi everyone. Last October I purchased OOTP 13 and I love it! So, I was thinking about upgrading to OOTP 14. I have read many of the reviews of the game and I concur that it is the best. I just have a few questions and I'm hoping that someone or some people can answer them:

1) Pardon my ignorance in advance, but if I have OOTP 13 and want to upgrade to OOTP 14, can I keep the same statistics for my current season or will I need to start from scratch?

2) When I first downloaded OOTP 13, the logos and uniforms were not the accurate, real uniforms used to MLB and Minor League teams. I had to go to OOTP Mods to get these items. Has this process gotten any easier or smoother with OOTP 14?
1)You can import your OOTP13 game to OOTP14. But it's probably better to complete the season before you inport it. Others here will know the best date to export it.

2)You can use the Add on,which is found in game. But after you've installed it you'd need to start another game to get them to show. If you have the logos etc in your 13 game and import it to 14, I think the logos will still work and show up.

EDIT: beaten to it by byzeil.
Doc_Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:13 PM   #4
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Brown View Post
EDIT: beaten to it by byzeil.
aha my high school typing course from 30 years ago finally pays off with my blazing speed at the keyboard...
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:29 PM   #5
Doc_Brown
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by byzeil View Post
aha my high school typing course from 30 years ago finally pays off with my blazing speed at the keyboard...
Glad you got some use from it.
Doc_Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:43 PM   #6
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Never have to start a new game in ootp14 to use graphics in the 2013 all-in-one mod. For logos, just go to your saved game's news\html\images\league and team logos folder and delete everything that doesn't start with default. Restart and you'll have all the new and your old if it wasn't in the mod.
You can pretty much do this for any of the graphics that are saved in your saved_games game folders. Unis, logos, photos, etc.

If you are using/want to use the ballpark pics in the same mod, go to any teams edit ballpark page, click the import button and select auto import all ballparks, navigate to your ballparks folder and click select and all MLB ballparks and data will auto import...no need to create a new game for this either.
Acutually if you get Gambos ballparks mod from ootpmods.com, he has now created .prk files for those. Now you can use those same steps and auto install those as well.

As for best time to import your ootp13 lg. Here's what Markus says. "Import anytime you want during the game year."

Last edited by Bigrod; 04-24-2013 at 08:46 PM.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:22 AM   #7
abefrohman
Major Leagues

Thank you all! The game looks AWESOME! I can't wait to play it. :-)
abefrohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:34 AM   #8
Northernsky
Major Leagues

I love the search feature. I have created my own league with ootp 13 and did not want to lose it. So I am glad I can import it to OOTP14. It took me hours create!
Northernsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:59 PM   #9
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

What happens to OOTP13(the game not whats imported) after its imported to OOTP14? Does it stay there to you delete it or it disappears because it has gone over to OOTP14. Asking just incase it doesn't import and the game could still stay active in OOTP13?
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:33 PM   #10
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
What happens to OOTP13(the game not whats imported) after its imported to OOTP14? Does it stay there to you delete it or it disappears because it has gone over to OOTP14. Asking just incase it doesn't import and the game could still stay active in OOTP13?
Nothing happens to the files in OOTP13. OOTP14 just copies and converts any files it needs. You can still go back and play the game from where you left off in OOTP13.
Sweed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:52 PM   #11
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

I imported OOTP13 to OOTP14 and can't play a game without crashing. I should try the original game with OOTP14 and see if that still plays ok.

Last edited by Orioles1966; 07-29-2013 at 11:48 AM.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote