Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 02-21-2020, 01:18 PM   #1
naturaldopamine
Minors (Double A)

Arrow Explanation on how budgeting works in OOTP 21?

There's been speculation for years on how the player development & scouting budget actually works. Some say it's pointless while others are convinced that maxing it out helps. But no developer has ever confirmed or denied what it actually changes. Will there finally be some information on this? This makes a huge difference as it can save you up to $60 million a year by emptying them out and using the money in FA.

Thank you

"They don't think it be like it is, but it do."
Oscar Gamble
naturaldopamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 01:57 PM   #2
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

There's a lot of changes related to scouting. We'll be digging a lot more into that on the March 2 stream, and I believe in the new system, it should be a little more clear what exactly the scouting budget is used for - the basics are that more money = more frequent and more accurate reports on players.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 02:27 PM   #3
naturaldopamine
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
There's a lot of changes related to scouting. We'll be digging a lot more into that on the March 2 stream, and I believe in the new system, it should be a little more clear what exactly the scouting budget is used for - the basics are that more money = more frequent and more accurate reports on players.
Awesome !!!!! Thank you for your response. Would love to hear how the player development budget works too !

Oscar Gamble
Old 03-10-2020, 07:53 AM   #4
naturaldopamine
Minors (Double A)

Any information on this? I still haven’t heard a single thing about these two & there’s no way I can follow the jumbled hour long livestream.

Oscar Gamble
Old 03-11-2020, 01:28 AM   #5
UltimateAverageGuy
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturaldopamine View Post
Any information on this? I still haven’t heard a single thing about these two & there’s no way I can follow the jumbled hour long livestream.
It was explained in that "jumbled hour long livestream" pretty clearly.

Last edited by UltimateAverageGuy; 03-11-2020 at 01:30 AM.
UltimateAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 09:15 AM   #6
naturaldopamine
Minors (Double A)

deleted

Oscar Gamble

Last edited by CONN CHRIS; 03-11-2020 at 11:58 AM.
naturaldopamine is offline   Reply With Quote Received Warning
Old 03-11-2020, 09:44 AM   #7
slugga27
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturaldopamine View Post
removed

Hey we don’t disrespect people around here. Watch it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by CONN CHRIS; 03-11-2020 at 11:58 AM.
slugga27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 10:10 AM   #8
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Matt explained pretty clearly;

More money into the system results in more reports and more accurate reports instead of fixed release timing and fixed accuracy.

And I'll second the comment about treating everyone here with some respect.

HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 11:45 AM   #9
treymancini
Minors (Triple A)

Can I respectfully ask what the changes were to scouting that were outlined in the video? I'm not sure I understand what having "more reports" would do. Does that mean that on any random day I could have a scout tell me "hey Mike Trout is good" and the frequency increases with budget, or is it that the player development report will update more frequently if i pump more in?
treymancini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 12:01 PM   #10
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

More reports, and varying accuracy. So instead of having a scouting report on every player every 2 months, you'll get them sporadically. So some players you might still get 3 or 4 reports a year on, other guys you might only see 1 report.

So yeah, for a guy like Trout, it doesn't really matter, since one report a year or one report a day isn't going to tell you much. But for a minor league kid, seeing a report every month on him, and thus having a deep view of his talents can make all the difference than having only 1 or 2 reports a year on him, and seeing them as very low accuracy.
Old 03-12-2020, 04:08 PM   #11
LegalEagle80
Minors (Double A)

That makes sense. What I didn't understand on the stream was the comment about scouting the draft. Specifically, Matt, I think you said that you want to get a scouting report as close to the draft as possible so it's more accurate to the time you're going to draft.

There are hundreds of players in the draft -- are you supposed to ask your scout to report on each player individually? How can you get more (or less) in-depth reports on an entire draft class?
LegalEagle80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 06:24 PM   #12
treymancini
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
More reports, and varying accuracy. So instead of having a scouting report on every player every 2 months, you'll get them sporadically. So some players you might still get 3 or 4 reports a year on, other guys you might only see 1 report.

So yeah, for a guy like Trout, it doesn't really matter, since one report a year or one report a day isn't going to tell you much. But for a minor league kid, seeing a report every month on him, and thus having a deep view of his talents can make all the difference than having only 1 or 2 reports a year on him, and seeing them as very low accuracy.
So will the reports still come out every two months, but only for some players? Is that the idea?
treymancini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 06:42 PM   #13
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by treymancini View Post
So will the reports still come out every two months, but only for some players? Is that the idea?
No, you might get a report for one player on April 1, May 14, June 6, July 28, etc... and another player on April 8, June 18, etc...
Old 03-12-2020, 10:08 PM   #14
Danbo80
Minors (Single A)

What about the drat class? It sounded like some players wont be scouted.
Or do we manually have to scout the draft class?
Danbo80 is offline   Reply With Quote