Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 05-07-2019, 07:10 PM   #1
WarningTrakPower
All Star Reserve

Question Live Start Inaccurate Rosters

Does anyone know if there is post where suggestions can be made to improve the accuracies of the live start rosters? I have tried many times since launch to live start with Toronto and guys who aren't even on the team always are on the roster. Feierabend, Paulino, Axford, Norris, Gurriel and Davis are shown as 25 man guys, yet none of them are on active roster. Missing is Biagini, Hudson, Luciano, Mayza, Pannone and McKinney.
WarningTrakPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 01:15 AM   #2
WarningTrakPower
All Star Reserve

Nothing? Wow.
WarningTrakPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 01:36 AM   #3
Mariner and Giants Fan
All Star Starter

This is concerning as I use the live update multiple times per week. I am kind of addicted to it lol
Old 05-09-2019, 04:35 AM   #4
DawnBTVS
Major Leagues

Not sure if this would be the right thread but try here in the Bug Reports Forum: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=299987
DawnBTVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 08:07 AM   #5
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarningTrakPower View Post
Does anyone know if there is post where suggestions can be made to improve the accuracies of the live start rosters? I have tried many times since launch to live start with Toronto and guys who aren't even on the team always are on the roster. Feierabend, Paulino, Axford, Norris, Gurriel and Davis are shown as 25 man guys, yet none of them are on active roster. Missing is Biagini, Hudson, Luciano, Mayza, Pannone and McKinney.
Do you mean you are creating a new game using the Standard Quickstart and there are players showing up on the 25/40 man roster that are not on it as of 5/8 for example? IIRC, the roster set when you start a new game is still the one from just before opening day, so there may be players there when you start that are no longer with the team still showing. As far as players being on the 25 man roster / lineup / pitching staff spots, the AI sets these up when the game is created and there is nothing we can do to force player X to be used in a certain predefined way,

I am not 100% sure how the Live Update is handled (I work mostly on the Indy Rosters), but when you click that Update button, the players should be moved to the correct MLB Origination and stats for the MLB teams should be updated.

Last edited by ohiodevil; 05-09-2019 at 04:51 PM.
ohiodevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 09:57 PM   #6
Benchmark
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarningTrakPower View Post
Nothing? Wow.

They are hoping to sweep this topic under the rug.

For being the Featured Promotion of the Game this year and the most exciting, you would think they would have it correct. I expected issues because this is the 1st year, but this is the BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT of all.

You can have stats and standing but we can't get the Rosters correct.
You have to spend hours changing them yourself. P.S. Don't use Roster Export and Import that is screwed up too.(STILL)

I have basically threw OOTPXX in the trash because that is where it belongs as far as I'm concerned.

Markus should really answer this question as to why do you consider this "Live" when we have to spend hours changing rosters. Is it because we got stats and standings? It sure not Ready to GO!

You can't Force Rosters to be correct? Because 20% of the players would be released. This is Version 20 of the game and this AI makes all the decisions to start the game. Maybe that should tell you there is a problem with the AI adjustments or the ratings are bad if 20% of the players are being released.

I would expect if you promote Live Rosters then you should have Live Rosters. NOT Live Stats and Standings but fix the Rosters yourself.
Maybe THAT IS HOW YOU SHOULD PROMOTE IT!

Is Someone working on this or is this just how it's going to be?

Maybe OOTP is Past it's usefulness and can't figure out how to incorporate Live Services.

This is my 12th year purchasing OOTP and I have to say the most Disappointing one so far.
Benchmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 11:30 PM   #7
Shoeless' Socks
Minors (Double A)

Too busy making posts about Perfect Team...
Shoeless' Socks is offline   Reply With Quote