Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2019, 04:18 PM   #1
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

This is unacceptable....

I mean, if this doesn't scream "Tanking' I don't know what does...

This dude won a DL and now is sporting all 50's low 60's players feeding unearned wins and PP to all of the opponents and it just sucks the fun out of the competitive aspect of the game...

Why even bother?

Old 05-06-2019, 04:21 PM   #2
moalkha
Minors (Triple A)

Did you reported him?

Old 05-06-2019, 04:34 PM   #3
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

I wasn't aware I could formally do that...

Edit: I just found the option

Old 05-06-2019, 04:55 PM   #4
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

His team name seems to spell out what he is doing. No? Yet if those aren't the guys that got him up to Diamond you are probably right. However....

He may have gotten tired of losing, sold off all his high price cards, bought (what are now very expensive) Iron Unsungs and decided to play with them. He should be able to do that. It would look like tanking but now his Iron Heroes have to settle down to the level they are suited for.

If someone decides that with the money they have spent on the game they want to concede, sell off all good cards, a go with a theme team they would have more fun playing with then who is to stop them?

What some might see as tanking might just be someone deciding they've had enough with their team. Now if he has a bunch of deactivated perfects then it might be a tank.

Last edited by webdox; 05-06-2019 at 05:03 PM.
Old 05-06-2019, 04:56 PM   #5
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by webdox View Post
His team name seems to spell out what he is doing. No?
Seems like a poor a$$ excuse to me.

Old 05-06-2019, 05:02 PM   #6
moalkha
Minors (Triple A)

If he won a title in Diamond and he is in Diamond right now he must have been relegated from perfect last week.
I wonder if he is trying to tank to go down a few levels

Old 05-06-2019, 05:12 PM   #7
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3NEIZE View Post
Seems like a poor a$$ excuse to me.
Those cards he is playing with are more rare than many 100 cards.

How should one go about playing with an all Iron Unsung Heroes theme team if they already have 3 teams and they are all at the Perfect Level for example?

The game does not give you the opportunity to be right seated based on a switch in themes you wanted to do. It's not like you can just go from Perfect to Bronze at the flip of a switch. It's too bad you can't in the scenario I have painted.

I plan to play with an all Iron Heroes one day myself. I have spent a small fortune acquiring all the cards. My teams are all high level.

The only way to make that switch would be to "tank", not by hiding great players in the deactivated roster, but to just put the team out there and let them sink or swim and insidiously get relegated week after week after week until I got down to the right level...

Not saying this is what he is doing, but it is a possibility as I have had to do similar in '19 to play with a theme team I wanted to create...

Last edited by webdox; 05-06-2019 at 05:14 PM.
Old 05-06-2019, 05:16 PM   #8
HiDesertAce
Major Leagues

I am here

It me

Old 05-06-2019, 05:21 PM   #9
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

Of my 3 teams that were all at or near Perfect, I chose the team with the most Iron heroes I already had and used that account to buy up (almost) the rest... Once I have them all, I will launch my Iron Theme Team.

Seemed the logical thing to do and as such I see no other way to switch paths than to simply change your team and go with it. It's not like you can wait for your high 90's and 100's card teams to all of a sudden suck so bad they get relegated down to where other people feel comfortable for you to make the switch.

It has to happen sometime...
Old 05-06-2019, 05:23 PM   #10
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Those cards he is playing with are more rare than many 100 cards.

How should one go about playing with an all Iron Unsung Heroes theme team if they already have 3 teams and they are all at the Perfect Level for example?

The game does not give you the opportunity to be right seated based on a switch in themes you wanted to do. It's not like you can just go from Perfect to Bronze at the flip of a switch. It's too bad you can't in the scenario I have painted.

I plan to play with an all Iron Heroes one day myself. I have spent a small fortune acquiring all the cards. My teams are all high level.

The only way to make that switch would be to "tank", not by hiding great players in the deactivated roster, but to just put the team out there and let them sink or swim and insidiously get relegated week after week after week until I got down to the right level...

Not saying this is what he is doing, but it is a possibility as I have had to do similar in '19 to play with a theme team I wanted to create...
I would somehow agree with this, but the dilemma is that right now he's cannon fodder for PP... how do you suppose you resolve this?

So if I want to farm PP, I can just simply buy iron cards and change my team to reflect that and this is somehow a good excuse?

Assuming this was his intent and giving him the benefit of the doubt, then maybe devs should allow for a reset where you're allowed to go down to Iron league and not allowed to play any cards higher than the division you're in for a few seasons....

Something's gotta give...

Old 05-06-2019, 05:25 PM   #11
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Of my 3 teams that were all at or near Perfect, I chose the team with the most Iron heroes I already had and used that account to buy up (almost) the rest... Once I have them all, I will launch my Iron Theme Team.

Seemed the logical thing to do and as such I see no other way to switch paths than to simply change your team and go with it. It's not like you can wait for your high 90's and 100's card teams to all of a sudden suck so bad they get relegated down to where other people feel comfortable for you to make the switch.

It has to happen sometime...
The problem I see with this... is that now we have a perfectly acceptable path to tanking.... While you may be doing it for the right reasons, you bet others will use it as an excuse.... and it's clearly well documented that "tanking" is cheating... so how do we separate these things??

Old 05-06-2019, 05:27 PM   #12
HiDesertAce
Major Leagues

That is my collection account.

I started that account to collect all the cards so I could pursue the collection missions and have all the cards for the tourneys.

Who knows now when and if that will ever happen. I have spent about $1500 on collecting all the cards for that account alone so I am fairly disappointed that they don't have that ready.

Because that account also has all the cards in PT, I decided to join dishnet34's MLB theme team league and will be running as the Dodgers. The teams in that league are spread out all over the PT universe right now so that league isn't working yet. Once they link up in the next few weeks that will the theme - LA Dodgers players.

Until then I am running different kinds of theme teams. Last week in perfect they ran as unsung iron. Got killed as expected but the game we won were against 100 pitchers so that made me my happy.

The week I won in Diamond we were called "Golden Boys". All gold players. That was a satisfying experiment to win a championshp at diamond level using all gold players.

You get the idea. So now i am running with the all Iron Historical squad.

Please report me if it will make you feel better. This isn't tanking imo. It is a theme team.

And no I don't have any perfects on that squad.

Old 05-06-2019, 05:28 PM   #13
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
The problem I see with this... is that now we have a perfectly acceptable path to tanking.... While you may be doing it for the right reasons, you bet others will use it as an excuse.... and it's clearly well documented that "tanking" is cheating... so how do we separate these things??
That's why I think the reporting system is good. The devs can look right into the account and see what's happening on a case by case team by team basis. I really wish there were a reset button, one that could only be pushed if certain criteria were met or by request but I'd hate to man that Inbox! Holy $4it.
Old 05-06-2019, 05:28 PM   #14
HiDesertAce
Major Leagues

Also why do you care if people make PP playing this team?

Old 05-06-2019, 05:32 PM   #15
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiDesertAce View Post
That is my collection account.

I started that account to collect all the cards so I could pursue the collection missions and have all the cards for the tourneys.

Who knows now when and if that will ever happen. I have spent about $1500 on collecting all the cards for that account alone so I am fairly disappointed that they don't have that ready.

Because that account also has all the cards in PT, I decided to join dishnet34's MLB theme team league and will be running as the Dodgers. The teams in that league are spread out all over the PT universe right now so that league isn't working yet. Once they link up in the next few weeks that will the theme - LA Dodgers players.

Until then I am running different kinds of theme teams. Last week in perfect they ran as unsung iron. Got killed as expected but the game we won were against 100 pitchers so that made me my happy.

The week I won in Diamond we were called "Golden Boys". All gold players. That was a satisfying experiment to win a championshp at diamond level using all gold players.

You get the idea. So now i am running with the all Iron Historical squad.

Please report me if it will make you feel better. This isn't tanking imo. It is a theme team.

And no I don't have any perfects on that squad.
Had a similar dilemma in '19. I had no idea you could have 3 teams and consequently had just about every good card in the game on my 1 account. When I wanted to play with my All Futures Team and would simply deactivate all my good Perfect Players and go with them.

Should be able to do that, too, if you want and not have it seen as tanking. You paid for the right to do it especially if intentions are good. There are some legit tanking cases out there but switching back and forth between themes on an account loaded with your cards should be one of them...

Last edited by webdox; 05-06-2019 at 05:35 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-06-2019, 05:41 PM   #16
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
I agree with you points. I have been in leagues where by the luck of the draw had a couple of teams in my division that were clearly tanking and my PP benefited from it. I have been on the other side of that, too, watching other teams get unfair advantages.

I don't see a solution with the current system in place other than reporting. In the case of good intentions and just wanted to play with a theme team I agree and wish there were some way to switch paths without it disrupting others...
Old 05-06-2019, 05:43 PM   #17
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Again, there should be a penalty to teams doing this.... like inability to play higher cards then the league you're in in the event you tank...

So lets say you have a full iron team in PL team and go all the way down to Iron... lock in iron only cards in IL, bronze level cards on Bronze and so forth for X number of seasons.... to avoid people taking advantage of this.

Old 05-06-2019, 05:44 PM   #18
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

sometimes you get put with a tanking/rebuilding/theme team and can earn some more points. sometimes you get put with a whale and earn fewer points. sometimes you open a card worth 150K, sometimes youve never even opened a diamond (cough cough). its all luck of the draw.
Old 05-06-2019, 05:50 PM   #19
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
sometimes you get put with a tanking/rebuilding/theme team and can earn some more points. sometimes you get put with a whale and earn fewer points. sometimes you open a card worth 150K, sometimes youve never even opened a diamond (cough cough). its all luck of the draw.
There are rules...

Old 05-06-2019, 05:59 PM   #20
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

until anything is actually enforced, they seem more like guidelines
Closed Thread