Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 08-05-2012, 09:03 AM   #1
03 SB FX4
Bat Boy

New guy with question about mods?

Hey guys,

I am new, so if I put this in the wrong spot, I apologize. I am just curious if you guys have had any problems downloading the mods (posted on this site) that are uploaded to those file sharing sites?

The reason I am asking is because on other games where the mods were posted to those sites, they had viruses or problems.

Just wanted to ask before I tried it.

Thanks, Zac.

Last edited by 03 SB FX4; 08-05-2012 at 09:06 AM.
03 SB FX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:34 AM   #2
tayloraj
Minors (Double A)

First of all, welcome to OOTP.
I've never heard of anyone with any issues related to viruses. I understand there have been some people with problems installing the mods; personally, they've always worked for me, and issues do not seem to be widespread. Hope that lays come of your concerns to rest, and enjoy the game!
tayloraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:55 AM   #3
03 SB FX4
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayloraj View Post
First of all, welcome to OOTP.
I've never heard of anyone with any issues related to viruses. I understand there have been some people with problems installing the mods; personally, they've always worked for me, and issues do not seem to be widespread. Hope that lays come of your concerns to rest, and enjoy the game!
Hey,

Thanks for the response. That is what I was hoping for. I know other games have had massive problems with mods because of the file sharing sites.

Thanks again, Zac.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:13 PM   #4
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03 SB FX4 View Post
Hey,

Thanks for the response. That is what I was hoping for. I know other games have had massive problems with mods because of the file sharing sites.

Thanks again, Zac.
That's a very good question to ask, though. There was one web site in my memory, which I will not name out of respect to the author/proprietor, that was hacked and spreading nastiness with mod downloads.

However, as tayloraj says, the sites that have been popular for OOTP mods in recent years have been clean and reliable. For quite a while, we used PadreFan's Mod Website and that site was very reliable. However, as you see below, his mantle of responsibility has been transferred to OOTPMODS.COM and it is anticipated that the same tradition of quality will be continued there.

However, it never hurts to slap a virus check on anything you download from anywhere, prior to opening and using it.
Attached Images
1998 Yankees is offline   Reply With Quote