Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 12-12-2013, 09:46 AM   #81
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Here's a very interesting tweet from Buster Olney at ESPN:

"Some agents and teams are convinced that the three-year, $30MM deal the Astros gave free agent pitcher Scott Feldman has been a wrench in talks for others since agents feel obligated to also shoot for that type of "lottery ticket" contract."

I thought he was way overpaid for his track record and ability, and it sounds like the industry does too.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:43 AM   #82
Astros33Resurrected
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Here's a very interesting tweet from Buster Olney at ESPN:

"Some agents and teams are convinced that the three-year, $30MM deal the Astros gave free agent pitcher Scott Feldman has been a wrench in talks for others since agents feel obligated to also shoot for that type of "lottery ticket" contract."

I thought he was way overpaid for his track record and ability, and it sounds like the industry does too.
No doubt he is overpaid. But I think this is what we have to do to bring in talent right now. If you have a 2yr/15m offer from the Astros and the Rangers. Who are you picking right now? Overpaying a few decent players is part of the process to get back to .500 and above. Hopefully, in a year or two, Houston will be a nice destination for FA's again.
Astros33Resurrected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:30 PM   #83
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Sign Shin-Soo Choo and trade for David Price, then you might have a start. Playoffs? Playoffs!?! We are just trying to not lose 100 games.

Funny I should mention this... Bob Nightengale of USA Today is reporting that the Astros are the front-runner to sign Choo. Yes, I said ASTROS!

Last edited by Orcin; 12-13-2013 at 08:49 AM. Reason: fixed my typo
Old 12-12-2013, 11:01 PM   #84
Astros33Resurrected
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Funny I should mention this... Bob Nightengale of USA Today is reporting that the Astors are the front-runner to sign Choo. Yes, I said ASTROS!
I've been hearing this too. I hope so!!!
Old 12-13-2013, 08:52 AM   #85
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

If they sign Choo, and they already acquired Fowler, and they seem to be in love with Robbie Grossman... where does that leave George Springer? Please don't say AAA. They can't be planning to let this guy rot in the minors.

On another topic... the bankruptcy judge yesterday put the Rockets in charge of negotiating a new deal for CSN-Houston. Crane's lawsuit against Comcast was part of the reason for the change.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:04 AM   #86
Astros33Resurrected
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If they sign Choo, and they already acquired Fowler, and they seem to be in love with Robbie Grossman... where does that leave George Springer? Please don't say AAA. They can't be planning to let this guy rot in the minors.

On another topic... the bankruptcy judge yesterday put the Rockets in charge of negotiating a new deal for CSN-Houston. Crane's lawsuit against Comcast was part of the reason for the change.
My guess would be Springer in CF, Fowler in LF, Choo in RF with Grossman spelling them and playing some DH. That would be what I would want anyways.
Old 12-14-2013, 09:01 AM   #87
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Oops, I guess Crane realized that Choo will make more than $10M per year. Who knew players were paid that much?

Astros Notes: Choo, Loney, Carp: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com
Old 12-14-2013, 06:01 PM   #88
Astros33Resurrected
Hall Of Famer

Sigh oh well. Springer, Grossman and Fowler has to be better than what we had last year
Old 12-18-2013, 10:24 AM   #89
Astros33Resurrected
Hall Of Famer

The Astros signed Matt Albers to a 1 year deal with an option for 2015. I like this signing. Another former pitcher from when the team was respectable. High GB rate. I'm guessing there is at least 1 more bullpen signing to come.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:08 AM   #90
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astros33Resurrected View Post
The Astros signed Matt Albers to a 1 year deal with an option for 2015. I like this signing. Another former pitcher from when the team was respectable. High GB rate. I'm guessing there is at least 1 more bullpen signing to come.

Luhnow is doing a nice job of reworking the bullpen, despite missing out on round 2 of Veras.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:53 AM   #91
Astros33Resurrected
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Luhnow is doing a nice job of reworking the bullpen, despite missing out on round 2 of Veras.
Yea would have loved to see him back for another year. I thought they were gonna sign Jose Valverde again, but that didn't happen.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:35 AM   #92
Astros33Resurrected
Hall Of Famer

Astros designate Brett Wallace for assignment | HardballTalk

Astros designate Brett Wallace to make room for Jerome Williams.
Old 02-07-2014, 05:04 PM   #93
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

I was a little surprised at this. I wonder if this means that they have a lot of confidence in Jesus Guzman. Or perhaps they are serious about giving Singleton a shot to start.