Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 04-18-2005, 03:43 PM   #121
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Was the check box on the last page of the installer checked? I ask because the installer comes with .jpg files, to keep the installer size to a minimum. The check box triggers a batch file that converts the graphics to .bmp, which is what OOTP uses. If the files are all .jpg, then you'll need to convert them manually with BatchThumbs or Irfanview.
Old 04-19-2005, 06:20 AM   #122
mn3tpg
Minors (Single A)

It was but I think it failed - i can't remember the exact error. That sounds like the problem. I'll try again or use Irfanview. Thanks. Looking forward to getting started with it.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:08 AM   #123
Tycobbler
All Star Starter

damn fine addition ! Love the pics on the schedule and roster. No probs here.
Tycobbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 10:47 AM   #124
Gastric ReFlux
Hall Of Famer

Mr. Jaffe, may I recommend that you edit the first post to reflect the update file too?

I say this as someone who poked his head in here for the first time last night, encountered some of the oddities of the original installation, then discovered the update deeper in the thread.

Last edited by Gastric ReFlux; 04-29-2005 at 10:48 AM.
Gastric ReFlux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 02:33 PM   #125
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Excellent work! Dusted off my copy and it's amazing at how easy it is to jump right in and start a new career.

Thanks,

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 03:57 PM   #126
bensark
Bat Boy

Help

Can anyone help I have downloaded the roster set and I have no idea how to use it with the game? I am new to all of this and I am really excited to start w/ the real players etc. I know I go to historical league but what do I do after that???
bensark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 06:36 AM   #127
ws1990reds
Bat Boy

This thread is a large one, so I'm not going to go through the whole thing. I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this. In my league (that was created by the MLB 2005 installer) the minor league statistics are screwed up. What I mean is that the designations for the levels that the players played at are reversed. For example, if a player was at A last year, it will show up as AAA in the statistics. Not sure what happens if the player actually played at AA. Don't know if that would show up as A or AAA. Is there a fix for this? Other than, I think the default settings for the league needs to be adjusted.

- set control of all teams to computer
- set control for player's favorite team to human

There needs to be a fix for the scoreboard. I'm not seeing anything in the boxes, I have to bring up the boxscore to check what inning I am in.
ws1990reds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 02:43 PM   #128
Kelly J Delaney
Minors (Double A)

I may have missed this but is there a problem with Ken Griffey Jr. in the installer? He shows up on the career leader board as retired. Also, his career stats do not updatein his player page >batting stats> career stats. His last line of stats is for 2004. Is that a bug or am I missing something? Thanks in advance.
And shepherds we shall be, for thee my Lord for thee, Power hath descended forth from thy hand that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command, we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
Kelly J Delaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 03:29 PM   #129
Shucker
Minors (Double A)

All right, I will go ahead and post this problem I have even though I am embarrassed because obviously no one else is as stupid as I must be.

I DL the whole thing, go through and extract everything, I get a league to open, but when I do, there are no team names or anything. It is like the team slots are there, but there aren't any teams or players that I can identify. I have done this a couple of times now with the same result.

If anybody can help me with this, I would appreciate it. I have sort of resigned myself to forget about it, but it is right there and stickied every time I come by. It is taunting me!

BTW, what a wonderful idea to put all these pieces together in one DL. Thanks for doing it because it is working for a good many people it looks like.
Shucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 07:03 PM   #130
Mariner and Giants Fan
All Star Starter

and Griffey's picture is missing too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly J Delaney
I may have missed this but is there a problem with Ken Griffey Jr. in the installer? He shows up on the career leader board as retired. Also, his career stats do not updatein his player page >batting stats> career stats. His last line of stats is for 2004. Is that a bug or am I missing something? Thanks in advance.
I am thinking about adding minor leaguers to the levels that are incomplete with the Baseball America Prospects guide. Will this screw up the reults at the major league level?
Old 05-02-2005, 10:57 AM   #131
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

[QUOTE=ShuckerI DL the whole thing, go through and extract everything, I get a league to open, but when I do, there are no team names or anything. It is like the team slots are there, but there aren't any teams or players that I can identify. I have done this a couple of times now with the same result.[/QUOTE]The game will default to whatever the last league open was. In your case, it appears to be the original league the game shipped with.

From the File menu, choose "Open League", and then choose "2005 MLB for OOTP6.lg" from the list that pops up.

Bada-bing, as they say.

Bensark: Run the installer, and see above.

As far as oddities with the roster/stats, those questions are better directed towards Halofan, as it's his roster set.
Old 05-07-2005, 03:25 AM   #132
Jonzard
Hall Of Famer

Is the roster still 3-13? Or is there a newer all-in-one
For a scientist must indeed be freely imaginative and yet skeptical, creative and yet a critic. There is a sense in which he must be free, but another in which his thought must be very precisely regimented; there is poetry in science, but also a lot of bookkeeping. — Sir Peter B. Medawar
FTB
Jonzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 04:45 AM   #133
jbmagic
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonzard
Is the roster still 3-13? Or is there a newer all-in-one

this is the latest and it new with Halofan opening day roster he did in April.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 01:40 AM   #134
sportstalk
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ws1990reds
This thread is a large one, so I'm not going to go through the whole thing. I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this. In my league (that was created by the MLB 2005 installer) the minor league statistics are screwed up. What I mean is that the designations for the levels that the players played at are reversed. For example, if a player was at A last year, it will show up as AAA in the statistics. Not sure what happens if the player actually played at AA. Don't know if that would show up as A or AAA. Is there a fix for this? Other than, I think the default settings for the league needs to be adjusted.

- set control of all teams to computer
- set control for player's favorite team to human

There needs to be a fix for the scoreboard. I'm not seeing anything in the boxes, I have to bring up the boxscore to check what inning I am in.
Any way to fix this?
sportstalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 02:54 AM   #135
GCrusher23
Minors (Double A)

I installed this and then imported the 2005 schedule. But when I go to the in game schedule it shows the date as 0/0/2005, there's no name for the month, and when I try to play my team's game there's no play or sim button. What's my deal?
GCrusher23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 03:30 AM   #136
jbmagic
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCrusher23
I installed this and then imported the 2005 schedule. But when I go to the in game schedule it shows the date as 0/0/2005, there's no name for the month, and when I try to play my team's game there's no play or sim button. What's my deal?

where did you download it from? dont get it here: http://www.ootpdownloadcenter.com. there not updated.

eriqjaffe had a fix for it and you need to download the full version on his web site. Be sure to unistall the one you have first.

http://www.violetjaffe.com/eriq/index.html
Old 05-09-2005, 07:35 AM   #137
JoeRockEHF
All Star Reserve

Actually jbmagic the one I have on my site is the same one Eriq has on his site. I updated the file when you let me know last time a week or so ago.
Old 05-09-2005, 02:33 PM   #138
jbmagic
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRockEHF
Actually jbmagic the one I have on my site is the same one Eriq has on his site. I updated the file when you let me know last time a week or so ago.
ok great deal.

thanks again.

i love your site.
Old 05-11-2005, 08:30 PM   #139
mvk20
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Still have questions

I just got the game, so I'm a total newbie with it, but I have some confusion. First, I got the installer working, and when I open up the rosters they have the real players, but as others have pointed out the 2004 stats are wrong. Why is that? Next, I went to schedules. These are not correct; I didn't check much, but I do know that Washington opened up against Philly in real life, not Cincy as it showed me. Also, the league name says MLB 2004.

On a side note, how do you save the file after you start playing so that it doesn't overwrite the one from the installer? (So you could open up a new 2005 and start with that any time)

Thanks...
mvk20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 02:13 PM   #140
squirrel_king
Minors (Single A)

I have a question..

I've started a league using the downloaded file, but now I don't know how to start another league using the same rosters and pictures and such from this file. Is there any way to do this?

Last edited by squirrel_king; 05-14-2005 at 02:25 PM.
squirrel_king is offline   Reply With Quote