Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2006, 03:50 PM   #1
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

Exclamation New Photos Forum

You may or may not have noticed that we have a new sub forum for photos located at the top of this Mod forum page.

What we are trying to do:

Over the years, we have all posted photos here and there around the forum. The vast majority have been posted in one large thread. Since this board has grown organically, there is no order or convention to the way our photos have been posted. This means that it can be difficult if not impossible to locate what you may be looking for which is quite a shame given the effort that has gone into finding all of these great photos.

A small group of dedicated members are now doing the following:

1) Systematically moving photos posted in various threads to the new photo forum.
2) Adding boxrec numbers, career ranges and records as well as country of origin to the post.
3) Noting in the new post who the original poster was. This is important because some of you have put a great deal of effort into finding, re-sizing and posting these pics and we want to ensure that proper credit is given.
4) Once all the photos in a photo only thread have been moved, that thread will remain locked so a similar project does not need to be run in the future. The posts that we made in those threads will remain but the thread will gradually drift to the bottom of the forum. Threads that contain anything at all in addition to photos will not be locked.

Photos moving forward:

First, you are all obviously free to do as you please. We would however make the following request and sincerely hope that everyone will comply so as to make this photo forum easy to use for our current and future members:

1) Please post the photo in the decade thread for which the fighter made his pro debut.
2) Please, at a minimum, post the fighter's name and boxrec number. This gives the fighter photo a unique and certain identity and will be of great value to other members.

Thank you,

Christopher
Old 09-30-2006, 12:54 PM   #2
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

This may well take a few months. If anyone is glutton for more punishment, a clean up of the PWOF list is in order. It is ripe with errors and omissions but we can discuss that another time.

Christopher
Old 10-03-2006, 02:49 PM   #3
JCWeb
Hall Of Famer

Any Thoughts of doing this with the fighter files

I know it would take even more work, but if we are talking about getting more organized, having tbdx files posted by starting decade (maybe even together with the photos of the same boxer) would also seem to make sense. Any thoughts on doing this or devising some way to index the vast number of user-created historical fighters posted on the board?
JCWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 03:34 PM   #4
Tosti
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCWeb
I know it would take even more work, but if we are talking about getting more organized, having tbdx files posted by starting decade (maybe even together with the photos of the same boxer) would also seem to make sense. Any thoughts on doing this or devising some way to index the vast number of user-created historical fighters posted on the board?
It takes a fair amount of work to re-sort the photo's.

Whilst I was doing some earlier, I had the same thought re the tbdx files. I would be willing to add them to the fighters I am reposting.

Last edited by Tosti; 10-03-2006 at 06:30 PM.
Tosti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 10:46 PM   #5
bigMatt
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCWeb
My thoughts as well, and ones I expressed earlier in the week in another thread. It would be really difficult to organize the tbcx files concurrently with the photo files, but if, after we've organized the photos, we start organizing the data files into decade folders as well, we'd be a heck of a lot closer.

My hope for my own self (and as a resource to others) is, after everything is organized, to build a web page with links (built from a spreadsheet) to coordinate tbcx files (and who created them) with photos, etc. A mammoth project but hey one bite at a time, right?
bigMatt is offline   Reply With Quote