Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 02-11-2019, 12:18 PM   #61
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Finally bought a Mookie for my FTP team the Tattered Gloves. Going to train him in LF this season. It takes a long time to save up 25K with just achievements.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 12:47 PM   #62
zrog2000
All Star Starter

What happened there Orcin in the opening series?
Old 02-11-2019, 01:23 PM   #63
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY #23 View Post
Does that make you the Deputy? Because you know what happened to the Sheriff.
Well I would have to go through him to get back to the Championship again right? 🤹*♂️
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 01:24 PM   #64
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frithy View Post
And they're in my division, nice! I'm taking them down....just don't quote me on that.
I am on your side my friend.
Do it. 🥇
Old 02-11-2019, 01:26 PM   #65
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
What happened there Orcin in the opening series?
O-4? O’Boy , Someone is going to be very cranky. Lol. 😱
Old 02-11-2019, 01:28 PM   #66
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frithy View Post
And they're in my division, nice! I'm taking them down....just don't quote me on that.
5-0. Damn, You we’re not kidding. 👍😎
Old 02-11-2019, 01:37 PM   #67
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Damn, now I get to face my own team. Don't like this.
Old 02-11-2019, 01:40 PM   #68
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
Damn, now I get to face my own team. Don't like this.
I wouldn't like that either. I imagine it's even harder in the same division knowing you'll play a lot too.
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 01:44 PM   #69
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I wouldn't like that either. I imagine it's even harder in the same division knowing you'll play a lot too.

yeah same division would be a rough go.... I've had my two teams in the same league a few times, but always in opposite conferences (so they'd meet at most 6 games all year)... at least that gave me a shot at an "all-me-world-series" but never managed to pull it off
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 01:48 PM   #70
Willie M
Minors (Double A)

Alright trying to put names to forum ID's for my division as I am Miami Synthwave. Who is:

Louisville Colonels -- Orcin
NY Titans -- NYY23
Chicago Skunked
Ypsilanti

My team is so bad offensively, we hit like .230 last year in our perfect league and we're off to the same start. 2-4 despite giving up just 12 runs in 6 games. I'm convinced my JD and rookie Trout are cursed as they always hover around .220.

We are hitting .173 in first 6 games

Last edited by Willie M; 02-11-2019 at 01:49 PM.
Willie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 01:51 PM   #71
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

I have made the Playoffs all 10 seasons we have played but as I look at all the Teams in my Conference I am not sure I am better then the 10 teams you need to beat to get in the playoffs. This is a VERY tough conference. There are so many possible playoff teams here that look so good. Should be a very interesting week. (And I don’t like interesting.) 😨
Old 02-11-2019, 01:53 PM   #72
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah, That would suck.
Old 02-11-2019, 01:57 PM   #73
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
yeah same division would be a rough go.... I've had my two teams in the same league a few times, but always in opposite conferences (so they'd meet at most 6 games all year)... at least that gave me a shot at an "all-me-world-series" but never managed to pull it off
I have to give you guys credit who manage 2 teams. I have a hard enough time with one team. I am not smart enough to juggle two. I think I would get confused on who is who and what is what. 😨
Old 02-11-2019, 02:06 PM   #74
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie M View Post
Alright trying to put names to forum ID's for my division as I am Miami Synthwave. Who is:

Louisville Colonels -- Orcin
NY Titans -- NYY23
Chicago Skunked
Ypsilanti

My team is so bad offensively, we hit like .230 last year in our perfect league and we're off to the same start. 2-4 despite giving up just 12 runs in 6 games. I'm convinced my JD and rookie Trout are cursed as they always hover around .220.

We are hitting .173 in first 6 games
May I suggest a series against my team - we can cure your hitting woes.

Ypsilanti is NYflamingoes I believe. They were in another division last year, but were a playoff team. Chicago is an interloper, so they are over the point limit. Even thought that's not their fault, I think we can give them a run for their money.

And welcome officially, you got Orcin and myself right. We were in the same division last year and battled it out until September for the division, and the were in the Wild Card race until the end. Should be a fun and (hopefully) competitive division.
Old 02-11-2019, 02:09 PM   #75
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
I have to give you guys credit who manage 2 teams. I have a hard enough time with one team. I am not smart enough to juggle two. I think I would get confused on who is who and what is what. 😨
my other team is pack-only / no AH / no $$... barring some top notch gold/diamond/perfect pulls from the packs, it's pretty easy to manage them as they just roll with what I've got (made it back to Gold league with a playoff run last season in Silver)...

my Diamond team is pretty easy as well, as it's going to take a pretty penny of points to afford the necessary upgrades to improve... think my last roster move was 3+ seasons ago... getting close to enough points saved up for another AH purchase... just need the right deal to come along
Old 02-11-2019, 02:10 PM   #76
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think I have to give you credit on how you manage your team. You probably go above and beyond and really get to know your guys. That's why you go to the playoffs every year.
Old 02-11-2019, 02:15 PM   #77
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think I have to give you credit on how you manage your team. You probably go above and beyond and really get to know your guys. That's why you go to the playoffs every year.

heh... second that... I don't think I even thought about the 'watch replay' or the 3D stadium skin at all until I read some of Zorro's posts.... up until last season, I was like Brad Pitt in Moneyball... "I don't watch games"
Old 02-11-2019, 02:26 PM   #78
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thank you my friend but something tells me that run might be broken. I need to watch my team carefully for ups and downs and this week I have a few things to do. Once in awhile I could build a lead and then get to take a day off. With this Division and Conference I do not think I will get That luxury. 1 good thing is my Division does not have a lot of tricked up ball parks where you have to juggle your starters and pitchers to fit that park for that series. That takes a lot of watching and planning and I had the advantage of being retired so I can study each series and study my teams flow at the moment. I have a huge advantage over you in that respect. I have the time to do it. The ebbs and flow of my hot and cold spells and studying parks and lineups. This week I might not get that time and this is one Conference I just can’t set a lineup and float with it all week. To tough a Conference. To many smart players.😁
Old 02-11-2019, 02:29 PM   #79
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
heh... second that... I don't think I even thought about the 'watch replay' or the 3D stadium skin at all until I read some of Zorro's posts.... up until last season, I was like Brad Pitt in Moneyball... "I don't watch games"
Yes, I feel the same way. If I was managing or had some way to influence the results I'd do it. Otherwise I think I'd just get upset. I've watched highlights of big wins, but have trouble with replays. Now if they put a fire manager button or something I might be down.
Old 02-11-2019, 02:38 PM   #80
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thank you my friend but something tells me that run might be broken. I need to watch my team carefully for ups and downs and this week I have a few things to do. Once in awhile I could build a lead and then get to take a day off. With this Division and Conference I do not think I will get That luxury. 1 good thing is my Division does not have a lot of tricked up ball parks where you have to juggle your starters and pitchers to fit that park for that series. That takes a lot of watching and planning and I had the advantage of being retired so I can study each series and study my teams flow at the moment. I have a huge advantage over you in that respect. I have the time to do it. The ebbs and flow of my hot and cold spells and studying parks and lineups. This week I might not get that time and this is one Conference I just can’t set a lineup and float with it all week. To tough a Conference. To many smart players.😁
There are a few different rules in this league, but rule #1 is never count Zorro out my friend. It's definitely a tough conference with a lot of smart players, but don't sell yourself short. I know how you like to adjust, and also what it's like to have a busy week. But I still won't count you out!