Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 01-26-2019, 01:58 PM   #81
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
Then we will need to make the playoffs where anything can happen. 😁
Yeah, well I mean it kinda spoils the league a bit though.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 01:59 PM   #82
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
I'm in first place in both of my diamond leagues. Maybe I'll join you next week if there are still spots. I wonder what happens if there are not all 30 spots filled and a 20 perfect roster sneaks into the league?
Sure, you are welcome to join whenever you like.

If all 30 spots are not filled, then we may well have someone join and dominate the league with a whale roster. There's nothing we can do about that. The person that is randomly thrown in with us is not obligated to play by our self-imposed limit. We can ask nicely on the forum, but the person or persons may not even read this forum.

But, if this happens, it is no different from what we have now. We can discuss it and decide to all play with the limit anyway or relax it for a season and try again the next year.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 02:04 PM   #83
daveh2018
Minors (Double A)

Not sure I'm going to catch MattArnold in D352 (Daytona Davidsons, 3 1/2 back of Matt's Toronto Developers in the AC East), let alone run the playoff gambit and get promoted to Perfect.

But if I do, I would be able to arrange my roster to join this crew.

Username for the Daytona Davidsons is "daveh2018" - the other daveh2018's (2 & 3) are much further behind in the bronze and entry pools

Last edited by daveh2018; 01-26-2019 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Added username
daveh2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 02:05 PM   #84
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveh2018 View Post
Not sure I'm going to catch MattArnold in D352 (Daytona Davidsons, 3 1/2 back of Matt's Toronto Developers in the AC East), let alone run the playoff gambit and get promoted to Perfect.

But if I do, I would be able to arrange my roster to join this crew.
Well, only one of the two of us will make it there, but it's shaping up to be a nice race between us so far best of luck down the stretch!
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 02:07 PM   #85
PapaRoux
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Please add username PapaRoux to the list. My team is the Asheville Cosmic Possums in P411.
PapaRoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 02:16 PM   #86
daveh2018
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Well, only one of the two of us will make it there, but it's shaping up to be a nice race between us so far best of luck down the stretch!
Best of luck as well. I'm hoping to make that final 4-game series this season to mean something to avoid the WC game.
daveh2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 02:17 PM   #87
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Ok, daveh2018 and PapaRoux added to the list.
Old 01-26-2019, 02:37 PM   #88
Clavette
Major Leagues

Will someone keep updating how this league works out? I'm interested in seeing how it goes
Clavette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 02:47 PM   #89
Medici
Minors (Triple A)

Great idea Orcin! Please add me to your list. IB Breakers in P410.

Look forward to it!
Medici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 02:50 PM   #90
moalkha
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
He wants to try it and I am a friend so I will go along with it also. Should be a very friendly league and I like that. I love to post about our league as we all know. Hopefully we have a group that will bring fun.
That’s my hope as well.
I know that even with these limits there could be huge differences between teams, as not all diamonds are created equal, but I’m looking forward to an active community more than winning a game.
moalkha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 02:53 PM   #91
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medici View Post

Look forward to it!
Yesss, I was hoping you would come my friend. Pm Orcin so he will be sure to see this. Also you need to make everyone on his perfect list a friend. List is on front page of this post.
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 03:00 PM   #92
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moalkha View Post
That’s my hope as well.
I know that even with these limits there could be huge differences between teams, as not all diamonds are created equal, but I’m looking forward to an active community more than winning a game.
My team is a fair bit under the limits (I think I'd be around a 38 or so?), so I fully expect if I make it to perfect to get crushed. But maybe if we're in a pseudo-capped league I'll get crushed a little bit less than in a normal perfect league
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 03:22 PM   #93
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medici View Post

Look forward to it!
Orcin , Did you get Medici of the Breakers?
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 03:23 PM   #94
bobbycockstrong
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I am not sure what your point is, other than to poke at me. I have stayed out of that thread recently because I was obviously making people angry (including you I think). There's no reason to chase me all over the forum to prove you are right and I am wrong. There's also no reason to get this thread derailed and possibly closed by arguing something that has been done ad nauseum over there.
Not sure why you think im poking you, I said I think its a great idea and I think you guys will enjoy it. And as far as I recall, I was never angry in the other thread - i just argued one side of the discussion because it was my opinion. I dont think you will find i was angry or uncivil anywhere in that thread, not anywhere on these forums.

I guess I just found it a bit ironic that some folks that several weeks ago were seemingly against any mention of competitive balance and suggestions about a roster cap of some sort, are all of a sudden signing up for a self imposed cap - which is a form of competitive balance.

So, like i said before - i think you got a nice idea going and hope that you folks all enjoy it.
bobbycockstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 03:25 PM   #95
PhysicsTeacher
Minors (Single A)

Does this mean that I should remove Orcin and Zorro from my friends list?
PhysicsTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 03:45 PM   #96
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicsTeacher View Post
Does this mean that I should remove Orcin and Zorro from my friends list?
I don't think it matters as long as we remove you. The friends designation has to be mutual. So you could leave it as is, but Zorro should remove you.
Old 01-26-2019, 03:46 PM   #97
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbycockstrong View Post
Not sure why you think im poking you, I said I think its a great idea and I think you guys will enjoy it. And as far as I recall, I was never angry in the other thread - i just argued one side of the discussion because it was my opinion. I dont think you will find i was angry or uncivil anywhere in that thread, not anywhere on these forums.
Fair enough. I am just overly sensitive.
Old 01-26-2019, 03:48 PM   #98
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

I think I have the list up to date again. I have asked about raising the limit. It might not happen or it might not be done soon enough, so I have a backup plan to try. For now, we can still do everyone in both the perfect and diamond lists.
Old 01-26-2019, 03:48 PM   #99
strakapoud
Minors (Single A)

I would like to join this concept at the Diamond level as well, if possible. I've spent some time in leagues with Zorro and Medici in beta and those were good times.

My team is Snaefell Woodpeckers (currently D361). Looking at my roster, my F2P sits at 19 points, so comfortably under the limit, but for the first time in five seasons competing for the division, so hopefully one day I'll be able to join you in the perfects
strakapoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 03:57 PM   #100
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by strakapoud View Post
I would like to join this concept at the Diamond level as well, if possible. I've spent some time in leagues with Zorro and Medici in beta and those were good times.

My team is Snaefell Woodpeckers (currently D361). Looking at my roster, my F2P sits at 19 points, so comfortably under the limit, but for the first time in five seasons competing for the division, so hopefully one day I'll be able to join you in the perfects
Done.

This will be a very active league on the forums. I am not on Discord, but there may be people there also. I would ask that we keep any administrative discussion on the forum so that I will see it and can help.

I will start a thread for the Pxxx league when it is formed on Monday. Since I have the logo, I am going to call it the "False Killer Whales".

Name:  false-killer-whale.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  22.6 KB