Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 01-23-2019, 10:13 AM   #81
Maddox
All Star Reserve

My Winterfell Direwolves are solidly entrenched in last place in their diamond league. They probably deserve to be relegated. They still have a couple bronzes on the team and, if I am not mistaken, only have a single diamond (Severino). They were also built with no consideration to defense.

The Macon County Cardinals are in 3rd place in their gold league and have a .500 record. I think a themed team based on the Cardinals was a bad idea. What diamonds the team have are all historical and overly expensive (Pujols, Dizzy Dean, Bob Gibson, etc) and the relievers available are mostly a sad lot.

The Hungry Hippos started out slower this year and are struggling a little on offense but they came around late yesterday and managed to take a 2 game lead in their bronze division.

I will admit at this stage that the Hippos are the team I am most paying attention to. The Cardinals and the Direwolves are at the point where meaningful upgrades are expensive. It can take 3 plus weeks to earn the points needed to purchase one upgrade for the team. And one upgrade won't make either team instantly competitive in their current leagues. It is at this stage next year where I could see tournaments becoming more of a draw.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 10:17 AM   #82
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Ah, the randomness of baseball. My offense which was the worst in the conference went up against Chris Sale who had the best ERA in the whole league and scored 15 runs and 17 hits (12 ER on Sale in 5 IP), winning 15-7. His ERA ballooned from 1.84 to 3.02. 6 of my 20 achievements this season came from this 1 game.

Now we're facing a guy with a 5.27 ERA so we'll probably return to normal against him.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:27 AM   #83
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
My Winterfell Direwolves are solidly entrenched in last place in their diamond league. They probably deserve to be relegated. They still have a couple bronzes on the team and, if I am not mistaken, only have a single diamond (Severino). They were also built with no consideration to defense.

The Macon County Cardinals are in 3rd place in their gold league and have a .500 record. I think a themed team based on the Cardinals was a bad idea. What diamonds the team have are all historical and overly expensive (Pujols, Dizzy Dean, Bob Gibson, etc) and the relievers available are mostly a sad lot.

The Hungry Hippos started out slower this year and are struggling a little on offense but they came around late yesterday and managed to take a 2 game lead in their bronze division.

I will admit at this stage that the Hippos are the team I am most paying attention to. The Cardinals and the Direwolves are at the point where meaningful upgrades are expensive. It can take 3 plus weeks to earn the points needed to purchase one upgrade for the team. And one upgrade won't make either team instantly competitive in their current leagues. It is at this stage next year where I could see tournaments becoming more of a draw.
something i've been doing with my f2p/pre-ww2 team is logging that team into PT and then hitting challenge mode every 3-4 days to get them a pack (not spending their PP on packs, so that's the only way they will get one)... figure worst case it gets them the minimum 50 points from selling 5 iron/1 bronze card... best case they land a coveted diamond/perfect historical card that fits the theme (haven't yet, but did nab a gold and silver a couple days ago to earn 1200 extra points for the war chest) or at least a nice pricey card to sell off for PP to put towards someone I want.... cause otherwise, like you said, it's a long haul to earn enough points from in-game achievements to afford upgrades at this point.

my boys have been doing surprisingly well in their first run at the Diamond league (currently in 2nd place 1.5 games out)... and they just picked up another diamond pitcher (2 total now) to boost the staff, so hopefully they keep clicking.
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 11:12 AM   #84
Maddox
All Star Reserve

I have to admit that I have not done challenge mode since this mode released. Maybe I should to get an occasional pack, as long as it does not require much of a time commitment.

Last edited by Maddox; 01-23-2019 at 11:18 AM.
Old 01-23-2019, 12:42 PM   #85
sharknut
All Star Reserve

Anyone else having issues today seeing game logs or box scores? Even after logging out and back in several times, I keep getting 'unavailable'.
sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 01:09 PM   #86
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharknut View Post
Anyone else having issues today seeing game logs or box scores? Even after logging out and back in several times, I keep getting 'unavailable'.
Yes. It is taking a long time to update on my server.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 01:10 PM   #87
Dr.K
Major Leagues

Quote:
Offense is starting out slow in my first 5 games

Ichiro - .150
Keith Hernandez - .211
Brooks Robinson - .105
Jose Oquendo - .211
Molina - 143

Luckily I have good pitching and defense and these guys

Albert Belle - .353
Kevin McRyenolds .524
Harrison Bader - .375
Luis Aparicio - .353

So it has been feat or famine for my offensive players so far

EDIT: Off to a 6-1 start and three of those six wins have been complete game shutouts.
Hang in there with Oquendo he is my unsung hero, he is a bench player but versatile, trained him as short stop and he gets key hits. Love this guy! He' still performing at Diamond Level.
Dr.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 01:14 PM   #88
Dr.K
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyKongSr View Post
This new Van Mungo card is legit. I have him ranked #11 without seeing his splits. Insane Stuff + very high Movement = Ideal Perfect League pitcher.

The price is skyrocketing, rightfully so. Was about 40K just 15 minutes ago.
What a name Van Lingle Mungo!
Dr.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 02:50 PM   #89
old timer
Hall Of Famer

The Clippers are now 26-37, even though we're not doing that badly. We're #1 in pitching and #2 in defense by a number of different measures and our Pythag record is 32-31. Check out our performance in 1 run games and extra innings. Surely things will turn around - I hope!
Attached Images
Old 01-23-2019, 02:56 PM   #90
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
The Clippers are now 26-37, even though we're not doing that badly. We're #1 in pitching and #2 in defense by a number of different measures and our Pythag record is 32-31. Check out our performance in 1 run games and extra innings. Surely things will turn around - I hope!
6 below! That's difficult to achieve!

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 03:04 PM   #91
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izz View Post
6 below! That's difficult to achieve!

We just lost in the bottom of the 9th by a run and now we're 7 below. I've rarely seen one that was worse than -9 by season's end, but maybe we can "achieve" this.
Old 01-23-2019, 03:13 PM   #92
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
We just lost in the bottom of the 9th by a run and now we're 7 below. I've rarely seen one that was worse than -9 by season's end, but maybe we can "achieve" this.
It should be a gold achievement. 5000 PP.

The Hoggs have proven cynical me right by starting off June 4-6. Currently they're on a 3-game skid. Still 2 games above our Pythag which doesn't bode well for the rest of the month. Still somehow 1st in the conference in homers.

Yesterday's PP earnings: 550, all bronze.

Just 40 so far in the first 11 days of June.

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 03:18 PM   #93
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izz View Post
It should be a gold achievement. 5000 PP.

A nice reward for being very unlucky... Yeah, I could go for that. It's not like you can control this, so tanking wouldn't accomplish such a thing. But I'd probably not be lucky enough to be so unlucky.
Old 01-23-2019, 03:33 PM   #94
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.K View Post
Hang in there with Oquendo he is my unsung hero, he is a bench player but versatile, trained him as short stop and he gets key hits. Love this guy! He' still performing at Diamond Level.
As a Cardinal fan I am a Oquendo homer so he is not going anywhere anytime soon. I have had him on several of my teams.
Old 01-23-2019, 04:48 PM   #95
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
I have to admit that I have not done challenge mode since this mode released. Maybe I should to get an occasional pack, as long as it does not require much of a time commitment.
Pick the 1927 Yankees, do not do anything at all but sim the first season and you should have a pack by the end. Maybe takes 10-15 minutes.

And I will say that is an insane season. Lou Gehrig lost the triple crown because he only hit .434 when I did it today.

Last edited by zrog2000; 01-23-2019 at 04:50 PM.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 04:53 PM   #96
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I am not proud of it, but I once managed my Raccoons to a -12 season. The actual Raccoons, which I managed myself. With my hands.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 05:26 PM   #97
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Well, I added certain Left Handed Power Hitting walk drawing Left Fielder for the dog days of summer.......man, the prices on the AH are definitely coming down. Much more of a buyers market.
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 06:07 PM   #98
Morug
Major Leagues

Thats crazy, my Expos started 8-18, and now leads the division. 18-10 in may and now 11-5 in June.

My offense are terrible lol, but ma defence and pitching are in the top 5.

Last edited by Morug; 01-23-2019 at 09:31 PM.
Morug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 06:20 PM   #99
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Trenton Minutemen

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 06:26 PM   #100
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Denver Bears

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.