Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 01-21-2019, 07:14 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Post Season 8 (2026) Discussion: 1/21/19-1/27/19

Good luck everybody for season 8!

My poor Stade Black Sox missed promotion to Silver because they got eliminated in the first playoff round. Sigh. Well, hopefully this year I'll make it out of the cellar, let's go Bronze .236!

Don't miss tonight's Perfect Team show (8 PM ET) on our Twitch channel, and tomorrow (Tuesday, 8 PM ET) we will have a special Call to the Hall show where we will be revealing awesome new cards for this year's Hall of Fame class. That show will be a must-see. Here's the channel: https://www.twitch.tv/OOTPDevelopments/

Cheers!
Markus

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 01-21-2019 at 07:25 AM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 09:13 AM   #2
W0rmzbr0
Minors (Double A)

The Hoboken Zephyrs are now in Silver .252. I'm in the same division as the team that lost in the Bronze Series during the Zephyrs first season. He made the silver playoffs last year but missed out on promotion. Looks like I'll be in for a good fight for the NC East crown, though on the surface he has the better team.
W0rmzbr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 09:50 AM   #3
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Team 1: After getting upset in the first round of the playoffs my 109 win team is still in bronze. (Bronze .261) It will be interesting to see if I can repeat the success.

Team 2: The Winterfell Direwolves held their own for the first few months of their inaugural Diamond season fell back to earth but still finished 85-77. They are now in Diamond .372

Team 3: The Macon County Cardinals made it to the wildcard game in their gold league but failed to advance so they did not get promoted and are in Gold .357
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 10:01 AM   #4
nickwatic
Minors (Double A)

Another week of PT, another week of not knowing any of the 58 other teams in your 2 leagues. Sigh. This randomization thing decided by less than 100 people is annoying
nickwatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 10:03 AM   #5
gemini615
All Star Reserve

Diamond 357- The new home for the Point Loma Indians after a failed 3 season run in the perfect leagues.
Diamond 359- Kennesaw Indians
Gold 342- Transylvania Vampires
gemini615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:07 AM   #6
joehart
All Star Starter

Base Stealers P405 - after leading each previous league in steals, my sons team
finally made it all the way to Perfect. He will have a blast looking at Fargo Sun Dog, the top team in the PT universe.

Silver Pirates P412 - after an unsuccessful 2 year stay in Perfect, the team is back for a second time. The team continues to utilize only Silver batters.
But this time, the rules have been adjusted to allow better than Silver pitchers.

Knuckleballers - D370. Dickey, Niekro, Wood, and Wynn are still trying to make it to Perfect. However, I am afraid without another influx of Knuckleballer talent (praying for some more cards), more pitching struggles in 2026.
Wood has been stellar the last two years while RA Dickey continues to give everyone gray hairs. At least he improved from a negative (.8) WAR to positive (.7) but his movement rating will continue to produce a 1.3 - 1.8 HR/9.
joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:09 AM   #7
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickwatic View Post
Another week of PT, another week of not knowing any of the 58 other teams in your 2 leagues. Sigh. This randomization thing decided by less than 100 people is annoying
Of course you are assuming that the people who voted are somehow in the minority. There is no way to know how things would turn out even if everyone in the community voted.

But based on the number of complaints we have seen about being stuck in leagues with whales I am not sure the results would have been any different.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:13 AM   #8
BranchRicky22
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Nashville Expos - eked into the playoffs and won the Wildcard, then were promptly swept in the division series. This will be the start of week 4 in Perfect Level for the Expos who have been revamped to pound the gap and field the ball.

Kansas City Royals (All Royals legends) - won 113 regular season games and landed in the World Series taking a 3-2 series lead back home only to lose in Game 7 in the top of 9th. After barely missing promotions for 3 weeks in Silver the squad has been moved up Gold Level.

Nashville Sounds - scored a bunch of PP in Entry level and are looking to be heavily favored in Bronze level with their combination of Contact and Defense.

This game has been a joy to play. Thank you!

- Branchricky22/Branchrickey/Branchricky
BranchRicky22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:27 AM   #9
Socali
Minors (Double A)

Sorry to hear your Black Sox didn’t make the cut Markus, but then maybe not so sorry as that probably means your working very hard on OOTP Go and OOTP 20! You have my permission to focus on your Stade Black Sox when those other two aforementioned projects have been perfected!!!

My Apple Dumplin’ Gang finally made Perfect with a stellar 111 win season in its 4th Diamond Season capping it off with a 4-1 WS win! Apple Dumplin’ Gang first WS win was in the Bronze League. Looking forward to Perfect League challenge, prolly gonna be chicken feed to start.

Have fun everybody!
Socali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:34 AM   #10
nickwatic
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
Of course you are assuming that the people who voted are somehow in the minority. There is no way to know how things would turn out even if everyone in the community voted.

But based on the number of complaints we have seen about being stuck in leagues with whales I am not sure the results would have been any different.
I'd rather be in a group with whales+friends rather than randoms. The fun of PT was being able to talk about your league with others and now its just a bunch of people in the discord posting about all the different leagues they're in that don't overlap
Old 01-21-2019, 11:40 AM   #11
Xogo
Minors (Triple A)

Im sure youll tell me Im wrong, but after playing this for 2 months I dont think PT plays the same as OOTP. I have too many players, like a 1921 Ruth (2nd best WAR ever) that hits .220 and 20 hrs. I think if I was willing to take the time and re-create the league I was just in, in a fictional OOTP league, that the all-time HOF players would perform much better than they do in PT. I get that most teams are loaded with stud pitchers. But these are stud hitters and while I dont expect a Ruth or Mantle or Williams to put up the numbers, they should be doing better than some of these gold players I see. Its a big turn off.
Xogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:44 AM   #12
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xogo View Post
Im sure youll tell me Im wrong, but after playing this for 2 months I dont think PT plays the same as OOTP. I have too many players, like a 1921 Ruth (2nd best WAR ever) that hits .220 and 20 hrs. I think if I was willing to take the time and re-create the league I was just in, in a fictional OOTP league, that the all-time HOF players would perform much better than they do in PT. I get that most teams are loaded with stud pitchers. But these are stud hitters and while I dont expect a Ruth or Mantle or Williams to put up the numbers, they should be doing better than some of these gold players I see. Its a big turn off.
The entire league is adjusted as well so there aren't 30 teams with 400 home runs each. That's why you don't see Babe Ruth hit 60 HR.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:53 AM   #13
Kris Jardine
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
The entire league is adjusted as well so there aren't 30 teams with 400 home runs each. That's why you don't see Babe Ruth hit 60 HR.
Most homers in Season 7. Babe Ruth with 60

Webstore - https://ootpdevelopments.onfastspring.com/games/
Steam - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...k_Baseball_22/
Kris Jardine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:54 AM   #14
Xogo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
Yes...and with adjustments....while stats wont be the same....a card like the 1921 Ruth should still out perform 90% of all other hitters accordingly. Otherwise, what is the point of basing ratings on real-life performance and then apply a factor to make all seasons even across the board over all eras of baseball.
Xogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:54 AM   #15
nickwatic
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Jardine View Post
Most homers in Season 7. Babe Ruth with 60
Spoiling TWIPT stats already?
Old 01-21-2019, 12:01 PM   #16
Kris Jardine
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickwatic View Post
Spoiling TWIPT stats already?
Maybe...

Webstore - https://ootpdevelopments.onfastspring.com/games/
Steam - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...k_Baseball_22/
Kris Jardine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 12:23 PM   #17
asaintsfan
All Star Reserve

My guy last year. Disappeared during another failed playoff run
Attached Images
asaintsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 12:40 PM   #18
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Denver Bears move down to Silver 292 after another disaster in Gold
Trenton Minutemen move up to Silver 276 after losing the WS

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 12:52 PM   #19
Will_L
All Star Reserve

Got my Corsairs in D369 NC West.
Reavers in S279 NC West and
Subway Rats in P403 AC East.
Will_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 01:26 PM   #20
sharknut
All Star Reserve

Was a 93 win Diamond team last year and lost in the WC game to an 85 win team.

This year my division has a 119 win Gold team, a 90 win Diamond team, a 109 win Diamond team and an 80 win Diamond team. Was able to add Posey, Kluber and Mesa in the bullpen between years. Hopefully that will be enough to at least get another WC spot.
sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote