Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 01-07-2019, 07:03 PM   #41
vyshka
Major Leagues

Playing just under .500 at the moment in diamond, and about the same in silver again.

vyshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 08:49 PM   #42
STLRS95
All Star Reserve

My Fuquay-Varina Bengals team is 11-6 in the Gold .303 league. My Lumberton Rockets team is 10-7 in the Silver .255 league. Both teams leading their divisions at the moment.
Old 01-07-2019, 09:39 PM   #43
W0rmzbr0
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by W0rmzbr0 View Post
Hey everyone,

Newbie here playing in Bronze .285. Looking forward to my first season!
The Hoboken Zephyrs aren't off to the most auspicious start, as they've gone 8-12 to start the season. I take small solace in the fact that my Pythagorean W-L is 11-9, with a +7 run differential. My pitching is getting killed (ERA of 5.24 and OPS allowed of .800), so I think that's where I'll focus my PP spending in the near future. Here's hoping my winning percentage is still above .400 when I wake up in the morning.
W0rmzbr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 09:41 PM   #44
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by W0rmzbr0 View Post
The Hoboken Zephyrs aren't off to the most auspicious start, as they've gone 8-12 to start the season. I take small solace in the fact that my Pythagorean W-L is 11-9, with a +7 run differential. My pitching is getting killed (ERA of 5.24 and OPS allowed of .800), so I think that's where I'll focus my PP spending in the near future. Here's hoping my winning percentage is still above .400 when I wake up in the morning.

Seems like a good plan....sort out the staff and maybe get some good defensive players.
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 10:47 PM   #45
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Gryphon Blues... Perfect 407... last year ousted by the Gotham Knights in semis after a dismal 5-12 start... I see a ton of familiar faces back in 407 this year... and another weak start but maybe getting sorted out slowly here... back to .500 at 10-10 now... oh yeah and swept by the stoopit Knights early on! Kick a guy when he's down why don't ya? Only real off-season move was replacing 90 Strasburg with Mike Scott and so far that has been a solid pickup.

Gryphon Red... Diamond 379... last year won Gold .286 so the bump to Diamond means some new faces... starting off decent at 13-8 and second in the division so far... no doubt will have work cut out with the promotion to Diamond... added Luis Tiant as a test in the off season, and so far, not so hot...

Gryphon Gold... Gold 326... didn't make the playoffs last year after a solid Silver campaign the year before... surprisingly I still think the team looks better on paper than the Red team... but for whatever reason they have trouble on the mound despite similar settings and quality catchers... lucked out with some good rewards along the way and nabbed a Gavvy Cravath 91 for some pop... off to a good start at 14-8. Couple pitchers looking good and couple looking like they're throwing with the wrong hand. Expecting a good year though with the way this team looks on paper and staying at Gold.
Dunzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 01:16 AM   #46
CFraychineaud
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunzie View Post
Gryphon Blues... Perfect 407... last year ousted by the Gotham Knights in semis after a dismal 5-12 start... I see a ton of familiar faces back in 407 this year... and another weak start but maybe getting sorted out slowly here... back to .500 at 10-10 now... oh yeah and swept by the stoopit Knights early on! Kick a guy when he's down why don't ya? Only real off-season move was replacing 90 Strasburg with Mike Scott and so far that has been a solid pickup.

Gryphon Red... Diamond 379... last year won Gold .286 so the bump to Diamond means some new faces... starting off decent at 13-8 and second in the division so far... no doubt will have work cut out with the promotion to Diamond... added Luis Tiant as a test in the off season, and so far, not so hot...

Gryphon Gold... Gold 326... didn't make the playoffs last year after a solid Silver campaign the year before... surprisingly I still think the team looks better on paper than the Red team... but for whatever reason they have trouble on the mound despite similar settings and quality catchers... lucked out with some good rewards along the way and nabbed a Gavvy Cravath 91 for some pop... off to a good start at 14-8. Couple pitchers looking good and couple looking like they're throwing with the wrong hand. Expecting a good year though with the way this team looks on paper and staying at Gold.
yeah lots of similar teams in P407. I got off to a slow start as well at 4-6 before I went on a little tear there. Only real change I made was upgrading my backup catcher to a better hitter at the cost of a little defense. I might switch them around and have my current one come in as a defensive sub depending on how this season goes. Good luck to ya.
CFraychineaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 01:16 AM   #47
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Something, everything, is colossally wrong with this team. If I only knew what it was...?

Already two games under their pythagorean record, 0-3 in 1-run games, 2-8 against left-handed pitchers although I really lack left-handed hitters…

Maybe it's the universe …!
Attached Images

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 01:27 AM   #48
Izz
Hall Of Famer

That was a month for the ages! 20-6, and suddenly this team that couldn't hit a beach ball last season (pretty much dead last in every significant offensive category) is coming 1st in our conference in runs scored (154), BA (.307), OBP (.367), and slugging (.485). Our defense, which was okay last season (5th-best in runs conceded, iirc), has stepped up another level too, allowing only 100 runs in the month (2nd-best), while putting up the best rotation ERA (2.97), and second-best bullpen ERA (.2.67). The 19 homeruns we've allowed is the least in our side of the league.

The party can't last (all of my starting pitchers are posting an ERA more than a run less than their FIP, for example) but I'll enjoy it while it does.

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 01:50 AM   #49
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Oh, and Johnny Mize must've heard me talk about finding a replacement for him because suddenly he's slashing .311/.393/.541 with a 150 OPS+

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 05:46 AM   #50
uschi_baerchen
Minors (Single A)

Whale Watching in D366

Now, first year in D the Bucs missed the Playoffs by one game, I thought, well, was because of the betts-trout-degroom - whales. Anyway these whales were gone, maybe next year(?)

Second year in D366 Ichiro was replaced by Lindor and now - tatata - the Bucs missed the Playoffs by five games (but still at 50%). Maybe because Bagwell and Martinez played out of worldly.

Anyway, in third year the Bucs startet 12-11 (this morning, Germany has to got to work during the second half of each month). Bagwell was replaced by Yelich and Martinez went to DH. I was just a bit curious who dropped from Perfect to Diamond, and I found out:

A betts-trout-degroom+worse - whale, they have already +46 (after 25 games!), OK, I wonder how they managed to drop out of Perfect or I have totally underestimated, what a whale really is (seems, that I thought a pussy was a lion, a dwarf-lion so to speak, and we all know that dwarf-lions are the most dangerous).

Anyway, I do not have the Problem to promote to Perfect since this whale in my conference so I will not make it to WS and I have plenty of time to spare the 80.000 for Trout/Betts/deGroom in order to find out, that it will either not suffice to advance or to relegate the following year.

Oh God, all my knowledge, all my intelligence, all my Devotion, all my precious time for naught only because THEY BUY AWAY MY SUCCESS
uschi_baerchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 06:16 AM   #51
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

After we started Diamond Level play 0-3 and 3-6 my team literally turned it around overnight ...
Attached Images
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 06:54 AM   #52
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Since I've not been able to upgrade my team since the season before last, I do not expect them to do any better this year in gold than last (80-82). But they're off to a good start again, 15-11 with top notch pitching and defense again. My offense is getting lucky right now and are 5th in runs scored, but they'll probably migrate down to the bottom again (like last season).

My next upgrade will be a RF so that should help out this anemic offense. Unfortunately, at the pace we're going, it won't be until next season or even the one after that before I'll be able to afford an upgrade (need about 12-15K).
Old 01-08-2019, 08:23 AM   #53
|ChelseaNS
Minors (Rookie Ball)

This season the Bedford Blue Lobsters came out of the gates Slinging the ball in D371. A Division series berth last year wasnt enough to promote. Finally added an Altuve (what can I say, see seven, play one!!) to the top of the lineup. Still looking for an effective fifth pitcher.

The East Coast Kitchen Party got promoted to Silver 256 and ended April 16-10. The theme team of Expos, Blue Jays, and Red Sox (I'm prety sure those were the only teams that existed when I was growing up in Eastern Canada) is over achieving with the amazing D. Martinez, M. Langston combo leading the top of the rotation. The new player for the month of May is Tony Fernandez at short. Big things are expected!
|ChelseaNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 08:31 AM   #54
gemini615
All Star Reserve

The newly themed Kennesaw Indians finished the first month at 12-12. However, the solid hitting of Manny Ramirez and Al Rosen have us with the best batting average in G327.
In the waning hours of last night, contract negotiations were completed with star catcher Victor Martinez. He immediately takes over duties behind the plate relegating Yan Gomes to backup.
gemini615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 08:38 AM   #55
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Still in Bronze213, Trenton is off with a 6 game winning streak.

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 08:46 AM   #56
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Denver Bears are trying to bounce back from the disaster in Gold last season.
Now back in Silver, with Nolan Arenado on the team and Eddie Collins trying
to shake off a slump, we hope to stay in the hunt

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 09:18 AM   #57
Maddox
All Star Reserve

My Direwolves ended the day yesterday at 13-13 and I believe are actually leading the division. My between season pickup of Craig Stammen to bolster my bullpen so far has been a bust. He is still in double digits ERA wise.

The Macon County Cardinals are 15-11 and in 3rd place.

At some point I need to open a thread about pitching, both in choosing pitchers to pick up and how to use them. I am one that looks at individual ratings more than overall but my pitching staffs are consistently at or near the bottom of their Conference. The Direwolves have Severino and Corbin as their #1 and #2 pitcher and they under perform and my staff is still near the bottom yet again. This is just in the Gold league so it is not like they are facing a lot of Diamond or Perfect hitters.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 09:22 AM   #58
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
My Direwolves ended the day yesterday at 13-13 and I believe are actually leading the division. My between season pickup of Craig Stammen to bolster my bullpen so far has been a bust. He is still in double digits ERA wise.

The Macon County Cardinals are 15-11 and in 3rd place.

At some point I need to open a thread about pitching, both in choosing pitchers to pick up and how to use them. I am one that looks at individual ratings more than overall but my pitching staffs are consistently at or near the bottom of their Conference. The Direwolves have Severino and Corbin as their #1 and #2 pitcher and they under perform and my staff is still near the bottom yet again. This is just in the Gold league so it is not like they are facing a lot of Diamond or Perfect hitters.

How is your team defense and your ball park setup?
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 10:13 AM   #59
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Team defense fluctuates. Right now it is also near the bottom.
Ballpark is default. My offense is pretty well balanced and consistently near the top of their conference so I have not felt the need to adjust the ballpark.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 10:42 AM   #60
BoofBonser26
Major Leagues

Remember when I said my team had hit "the wall" and couldn't compete? Well, after a personal emergency left my team on auto-pilot at the end of last season, the team won over 100 games and lost in the Championship series, earning a promotion to Diamond, were it went 14-12 in April.

Unfortunately, it doesn't generate nearly enough PP for the next wave of upgrades - I haven't made a non-bullpen upgrade in 2 seasons, so it may transition into a theme team anyway. But...I have to give them their due here in Diamond first and see how this plays out.
BoofBonser26 is offline   Reply With Quote