Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - General Discussion

FHM 5 - General Discussion Talk about the 2018 version of FHM.

Old 12-18-2018, 11:36 AM   #1
JeffR
FHM Producer

FHM Update, Version 5.5.54, Now Available

The fourth major update for Franchise Hockey Manager 5, version 5.5.54, has just been released.

To apply the update:

-If you are playing the eSellerate version, just download the setup file and install it over your current installation. There is no need to uninstall or unlicense your current copy! However, you should quit the game before installing it, of course.
-If you are playing the Steam version, the game will auto-update if you have that option active. If you don't see the update in your Steam update queue, you may need to exit and restart your Steam client.

Download link for PC:
Main server: PC Installer

Download link for Mac:
Main Server: Mac Installer

Please post any problems/bugs you run into in the Bug Reports Forum (but also have a look at the reporting guidelines first when reporting bugs, please.)

Your existing savegames will be compatible with the updated game, but some of the update's fixes may not retroactively correct certain problems in existing saves.

Changes from version 5.4.44:

-added a dark skin option (selectable in start screen - interface - current skin, requires restart); we've fixed a number of colour conflict issues (mainly dark text on a dark background) caused by the darker skin, but there may still be a few lurking, if you find any please let us know and we'll correct them
-there is now a "Current 2018-19" starting database option that includes playable team rosters updated to approximately Saturday, December 15. This will be our "working" database going forward; the Opening Night data will remain as it is and any updates, additionas, etc. will be going into the Current database only (barring the discovery of some serious problem in the older data that requires fixing)
-a fictional logo system similar to OOTP's has been added, there are now roughly 800 fictional logos that will be used by default in custom games if the team's nickname matches the logo file name. User-made logos with the same type of file names will also be used if they are placed in the \logos folder (the extra numbers in the name, e.g. aces_e6e6e6_000000.png, are HTML colour codes for the team's primary and secondary colours; these aren't used by FHM at the moment but if you're making custom logos it'd be a good idea to include that data in the name for the sake of future compatibility)
-scoring levels in all playable leagues updated to reflect changes in 2018-19 so far, e.g. NHL is higher; some penalty and fighting frequencies updated as well where there were significant changes
-stat generation in nonplayable leagues adjusted to fix excessive point and PIM totals and expanded into many other stat categories (e.g. game ratings, faceoffs, giveaways/takeaways, etc.) that previously didn't get any, so there should now be few differences in appearance between stats created in playable vs. nonplayable leagues
-fixed situation where one type of icing event was supposed to be converted into another result for the shorthanded team during power plays but wasn't, resulting in icing being called on the shorthanded team
-the puck tracker window no longer disappears after a goal is scored in a game
-fixed some situations where the puck location on the small rink diagram on the highlights screen was reversing the location of the event as it was shown on the "show puck location" rink diagram
-game-winning goals now awarded in the correct manner, i.e. the GWG is the #X+1 goal for the winning team, where X is the number of goals scored by the losing team
-fixed the PK% on the in-game penalty popup so it's not always showing 100% or close to it.
-the star ratings calculation on Tactics-Unit screen should now be calculated as the average for the actual number of players in the unit, not a fixed value of 5, i.e. the 4th line in an 18-skater lineup will get more than one star.
-league standings added to CSV export (note: there's a small issue with it that lists every active team with every active league ID, making the file much larger than it needs to be. We'll fix that, but the data is all there, just use the team id-to-league id relationships as listed in team-data.csv to identify which team is in which league)
-fixed Finnish Suomi-Sarja season structure so correct teams go to the upper and lower divisions during the second stage and the playoffs
-increased penalty frequency slightly when the number of PP opportunities so far in the game is equal
-lowered the minimum talent level at which a player will reject a bridge contract a little more
-selecting "Meet Demand" when negotiating with an unsigned draftees should no longer set the Major Role to "None."
-adjusted AI line selection to make more use of players in their secondary position if they're rated 15-19 there
-the AI no longer places defencemen in the second forward spot of the 3-on-3 lines
-the Free Agents list on the staff screen now also lists General Managers and GM/Coaches
-newly-generated players in historical games now have Mood and Intelligence attributes set properly instead of starting at 0
-fixed another possible instance of nonplayable team players getting stuck on Vacation status
-in random debut historical games, some players born on February 29 no longer get birth years of 0
-team budgets are now editable in commissioner mode
-commissioner mode now allows the user to change team roles for staff for all teams via the right-click menu in the same way that he can do it for his own team
-fixed another situation in multiplayer issue where human managers could be switched to different teams when the commissioner adds or removes a GM
-in multiplayer games started on July 1, the NHL will not have restricted free agency turned off by default
-in multiplayer leagues, when human managers use the right-click option to change the roles of staff, e.g. assistant coach to scout, the changes will now export properly to the commissioner
-changes to specialty coaching roles (offense coach, defense coach, etc.) in multiplayer should now be saved when human managers export and won't revert back to their old settings when the commissioner updates the files and sends them back
-NHL contract buyouts should now work properly in multiplayer - player won't be returned to the roster if he's not claimed on waivers
-the filter maximum age limit increased to 199 (previous setting of 99 made retired players over 100 years old impossible to view)
-fixed broken 8-team Reseeding playoff format in fictional games that wasn't generating any playoffs when the season ended
-if the user is employed but uses commissioner mode to select a new team via "Available Jobs", his news subscription to the previous team is now cancelled
-removed obsolete "Training" option from the Action dropdown menu on the free agent centre screen
-in league-stats-player stats, the DR column no longer shows "..." for all rankings >99
-ratings displayed on the player profile screen should now always match those on the roster screen
-restored missing tooltip for the Name column on the roster screen with the description of the C, H, TB, etc. letters
-added several new storylines, fixed and adjusted some others
-games created from a quickstart no longer have empty messages in the mailbox after game is reloaded
-the 12-team, 54-game format for custom leagues should now generate a schedule properly
-when the NHL is expanded in a modern game, the History-Stats screen for the new AHL and ECHL farm teams should now display their leaders properly instead of being blank
-the 1923 Stanley Cup tournament should now start on the correct date instead of several days after the date listed on the 'Play to Event' dropdown
-the Memorial Cup history now shows the actual 3rd-place team (i.e., semifinal loser) as the "Bronze" winner instead of the #3 team in the round-robin part of the tournament.
-historical games should now load the award history as it existed in the starting season correctly
-fixed several of the lower-level Championship international tournaments playing doubled round-robin schedules
-moved the the Beijer Hockey Games (EHT, formerly the Swedish Hockey Games) to mid-January to avoid interfering with the playoffs in some leagues and the Olympics
-team links in the schedule pane of the GM home page now open up the team's page properly
-the "goalie stats" and "player stats" tabs are no longer missing from the stats screen for international tournaments
-fixed problem with playoff stats showing as 0 on the team roster Stats:Summary view with playoffs option selected
-upgraded nonplayable Lithuanian, New Zealand, Israeli, and National Collegiate Development Conference (US Jr. A) leagues from generic representation to more detailed versions with individual teams (current database version only)
-fixed database to include missing data that was preventing some nonplayable leagues from generating proper player stats
-various other text and UI changes
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 12:08 PM   #2
Gagnonp23
Minors (Single A)

Thanks for the update.

However, why can't I switch Craig Berube to Head coach?
Attached Images
Gagnonp23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 01:20 PM   #3
tasch797
Minors (Single A)

The dark mode is great, really great. Well done guy

I propose some little display adjustments in ratings.

We see, behind the rating lines, the black bar. I assume that black bar should equal a rating of 20 but actually, the black bar looks like to be long enough to fit the 15-16 rating.

In position ratings, when at 0, show a big white rectangle. The big rectangle fit with the 20/20 rating however.

On a display perspective, my idea should be to put the black bar length equal to the 20/20 rating and completely hide the white rectangle when the rating is 0, and the dark mode will be close to perfection in my opinion.
Attached Images
tasch797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 02:01 PM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnonp23 View Post
Thanks for the update.

However, why can't I switch Craig Berube to Head coach?
It's not possible to switch to head coach directly from another job the way you can with other staff roles, it causes some issues with Coach/GM vs. GM-only status and the AI. Berube's the head coach in St. Louis in the current database, though.
Old 12-18-2018, 02:36 PM   #5
Rayzor
All Star Starter

Was Vladislav Tretiak added?
Rayzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 03:16 PM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzor View Post
Was Vladislav Tretiak added?
Not yet. I haven't been able to work out a way that'll make him appear in random debut games but not in regular ones that won't either a) exclude Soviet-bloc guys who really are supposed to appear pre-1989 or b) include a bunch of other guys who are in the historical database but aren't properly rated for historical games (mainly as legacies of when there was a single shared database between modes.) I think I have a way to prevent the latter, so we may have a way of doing it in the next update, but it's going to mean doing a bunch of manual database cleanup work first.
Old 12-18-2018, 03:27 PM   #7
Eugus
Minors (Double A)

Now that's what i call an update . Cheers for the Wednesday streams & Merry Xmas to the FHM team!!
Eugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 06:00 PM   #8
Gagnonp23
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
It's not possible to switch to head coach directly from another job the way you can with other staff roles, it causes some issues with Coach/GM vs. GM-only status and the AI. Berube's the head coach in St. Louis in the current database, though.
So I would need to remove him from St-Louis, switch role then put him back on the team? I guess that would be the easiest way?
Old 12-18-2018, 09:29 PM   #9
jilech
Minors (Single A)

Henrik Sedin is listed on most games played in a season with with 164! games (17/18) on both NHL and Canucks leaderboard.
jilech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 12:26 AM   #10
eldur00
All Star Reserve

Really not a fan of the game preview window that changed to show notes instead of injuries

Is there a setting where I can revert it back ?
eldur00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 01:02 AM   #11
highheat42
Minors (Double A)

Created a new online league, players still say they are all unrestricted free agents even though they should be RFA. When trying to edit on July 1st to enable Restricted FA's I cannot check mark the box now in the League Rules. I also tried creating an online league not starting on July 1st and all the players are UFA there as well.

Last edited by highheat42; 12-19-2018 at 01:31 AM.
highheat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 02:01 AM   #12
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilech View Post
Henrik Sedin is listed on most games played in a season with with 164! games (17/18) on both NHL and Canucks leaderboard.
Looks like we need to generate new leaderboards now that the data problem with the Sedins' stats is fixed. They (and a few other 2018 retirees) had duplicated 2017-18 stats, so I fixed that, but the leaderboards get pre-generated so they don't take forever to show up in-game, and the leaderboards in the game now were made before that fix.
Old 12-19-2018, 02:02 AM   #13
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnonp23 View Post
So I would need to remove him from St-Louis, switch role then put him back on the team? I guess that would be the easiest way?
Yeah, I think that'll work safely.
Old 12-19-2018, 09:16 AM   #14
Gagnonp23
Minors (Single A)

Hey Jeff,

I just tried but I don't seem to be able to change role to free agents, right click doesn't do anything while in-profile action menu only let's me hire the staff to my own team.

Any thing I am missing?
Old 12-19-2018, 12:50 PM   #15
eh`
Minors (Rookie Ball)

One issue I've noticed for the new Dark Skin (which overall looks great)

When assigning a scout to a region or league, regions/leagues where the Scout has the best knowledge of don't appear in bright green like the do in the default skin. So when you're assigning a Scout you can't tell what leagues he would be best assigned to, etc.

Last edited by eh`; 12-19-2018 at 12:55 PM.
eh` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 01:00 PM   #16
Shadow4u
Minors (Single A)

Woo hoo !! Love the dark screen - thanks for listening !
Old 12-19-2018, 02:51 PM   #17
chunks
Minors (Single A)

Updated the game and the stars disappeared from the roster page aven when I started a whole new game. Any idea how I can fix it?
chunks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 03:11 PM   #18
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

I like the head-to-head games now that they are identified as pre-season-regular season or playoff game.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 10:34 PM   #19
MK1527
Bat Boy

Thumbs up

Love the dark skin, it's so much better!
MK1527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 04:29 AM   #20
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunks View Post
Updated the game and the stars disappeared from the roster page aven when I started a whole new game. Any idea how I can fix it?
Sounds like something may have gone wrong with the installation of those graphics - if you're on Steam, right-click on FHM5 in your library, select Properties, then Local Files, then Verify Integrity of Game Files. If something's wrong with a file, that should fix it. If you're playing the standalone version, just re-install the update (probably best to re-download it first in case the problem was caused by an issue with the download.)