Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2018, 04:10 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Exclamation Public Beta ends tomorrow, 11/27 - Official launch Wednesday 11/28!

Update 11/27, noon ET: The PT servers are being shut down now. You will no longer be able to enter the PT part of OOTP from now on.
Update The final OOTP 19 update prior to launch is live!

Hey everybody,

the time is near. The public beta of Perfect Team will end tomorrow, Tuesday, November 27. Here's the timetable of what happens then, if everything goes according to plan:
- On Tuesday (about noon ET) we will shut down the servers, so you will get an error message trying to enter the PT part of the game.
- Around the same time we will be rolling out the latest OOTP 19 update (probably build # 19.10.120), which will feature final bugfixes and new stuff, for example the manager listing in the Universe tab of the PT Home Screen.
- Then we will have The Big Reset, where all teams will be completely reset and purchased Perfect Points will be returned to your PP balance. Your login data will not be changed.
- On Wednesday morning (around 10 AM ET) we will restart the servers and you will be able to log into PT again, you will start with a brand new team and 6 starter packs, plus any purchased PP (which appear after opening all Starter Packs and getting into the Entry Pool).
- Entry Pool play will continue until Monday, December 3. Then at 10 AM ET all teams will be placed in the Bronze league level and the first official season in the history of Perfect Team will start!

Thank you everybody who has participated in this beta. Is has been a huge success and we were able to iron out the quirks and improve PT greatly in the past 4 weeks. Your help is really appreciated

Cheers!
Markus

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 11-27-2018 at 12:01 PM.
Old 11-26-2018, 04:16 AM   #2
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Okay, time to play some real games
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Old 11-26-2018, 05:39 AM   #3
Cactusguy21
Major Leagues

Will Challenge Mode regular games start earning us points in PT?
Old 11-26-2018, 06:05 AM   #4
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactusguy21 View Post
Eventually, but not immediately. I think we're still working on getting that functional.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Old 11-26-2018, 06:27 AM   #5
Ile
Minors (Double A)

Will we get more detailed timelines on when it opens? A lot of us probably want to be first outta the gates, especially if entry pools open as soon as PT opens.

I'm assuming "wednesday morning" is US morning...?
Old 11-26-2018, 06:39 AM   #6
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactusguy21 View Post
No, but unlocking achievements in Challenge mode will occasionally reward you with a player card pack in PT.
Old 11-26-2018, 06:40 AM   #7
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ile View Post
Will we get more detailed timelines on when it opens? A lot of us probably want to be first outta the gates, especially if entry pools open as soon as PT opens.

Yes, US morning. I guess 10 AM ET.
Old 11-26-2018, 06:45 AM   #8
Ile
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Yes, US morning. I guess 10 AM ET.
This is a matter of life and death, Markus. If I miss as little as 1 entry pool game, I will forever hate myself for missing the game "that would have been the 10k PP game".

I understand it's hard to say an exact time. But would it be possible to have the Perfect Team Twitter account tweet that it's live the moment it goes live?

I am SO SORRY for being obnoxious here, but I am unfortunately serious. It would bug me sooo much if I missed even 1 game in Entry Pool. I woulda brought my personal laptop to work and mysteriously disappeared for 15 mins had it gone live during my work hours. I'm on that level right now.

Edit: For the record to everyone reading this - Yes, I can see how annoying I am being now, but it's just one of those things that I can't let slide.

Although the life and death part was a joke. Kinda.

Last edited by Ile; 11-26-2018 at 06:47 AM.
Old 11-26-2018, 07:00 AM   #9
Kris Jardine
OOTP Developments

Quote:
This is a matter of life and death, Markus. If I miss as little as 1 entry pool game, I will forever hate myself for missing the game "that would have been the 10k PP game".

I understand it's hard to say an exact time. But would it be possible to have the Perfect Team Twitter account tweet that it's live the moment it goes live?

I am SO SORRY for being obnoxious here, but I am unfortunately serious. It would bug me sooo much if I missed even 1 game in Entry Pool. I woulda brought my personal laptop to work and mysteriously disappeared for 15 mins had it gone live during my work hours. I'm on that level right now.

Edit: For the record to everyone reading this - Yes, I can see how annoying I am being now, but it's just one of those things that I can't let slide.

We will do our best to get the information out on Facebook, Discord and Twitter the minute it goes live.

Webstore - https://ootpdevelopments.onfastspring.com/games/
Steam - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...k_Baseball_22/
Old 11-26-2018, 08:16 AM   #10
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Quote:

I have a bad feeling, based on me not being able to access it on any Monday mornings before I go to work so far in Beta, that the same thing will happen on Wednesday. I only have about a 30 minute window in the morning between 8:00 and 8:30 ET.
Old 11-26-2018, 08:20 AM   #11
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

when you're retired anytime will do
Old 11-26-2018, 08:33 AM   #12
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
I have a bad feeling, based on me not being able to access it on any Monday mornings before I go to work so far in Beta, that the same thing will happen on Wednesday. I only have about a 30 minute window in the morning between 8:00 and 8:30 ET.
When you cannot access it that means the servers are busy creating the leagues, this always takes 2-3 hours. This will not happen on Wednesday, but it will next Monday. Nothing we can do to prevent this.
Old 11-26-2018, 08:56 AM   #13
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

what is a entry pool game? Did we do this in beta? Sorry but I am really lost on what that is.
Old 11-26-2018, 08:59 AM   #14
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
what is a entry pool game? Did we do this in beta? Sorry but I am really lost on what that is.
Yep, you did it. It's the place everyone starts. It's just a mass of teams playing games against a random opponent. Looks like a league but it's not.
Old 11-26-2018, 09:07 AM   #15
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Yep, you did it. It's the place everyone starts. It's just a mass of teams playing games against a random opponent. Looks like a league but it's not.
wow, Thank you Orcin, I do not remember that. Guess I am showing my age. Lol.
Old 11-26-2018, 09:08 AM   #16
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

The beauty of the entry pool is that it sims all day long (6 games per 3 1/2 hours) and thus gives more PP. Apart from that it is not very exciting.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Old 11-26-2018, 09:13 AM   #17
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
The beauty of the entry pool is that it sims all day long (6 games per 3 1/2 hours) and thus gives more PP. Apart from that it is not very exciting.
For me it is exciting because it is when I start putting my team together. I look at it as Spring Training in PT.

Old 11-26-2018, 12:08 PM   #18
daves
Hall Of Famer

So how many team are there to reset? Just curious.

Old 11-26-2018, 01:18 PM   #19
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
So how many team are there to reset? Just curious.
Check the Universe tab in the PT Home screen
Old 11-26-2018, 01:20 PM   #20
Thalion
Major Leagues

Will all settings get reset?

Things ranging from stadiums to auto-sell levels?

More concerned about the latter. Would hate to open the new starters and find out that a lot of them are sold.

How about things like team names?
Closed Thread