Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 02-03-2019, 10:01 AM   #421
daves
Hall Of Famer

Please have a rating or scoring system when creating leagues?

I have a Gold level team that is built on just points earned (no spending). The league is unenjoyable since big spending teams are working their way up by destroying lower level leagues. Segregating the teams by average player rating on the 25 team roster will make leagues more competitively balanced and enjoyable.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 10:20 AM   #422
ripitback
Minors (Double A)

Not sure if these have been mentioned.

1. More teams promoted and relegated. I think you would get faster turnover with 8 teams moving up and down. I have seen 120 win teams get stuck in bronze because they lose the first playoff series. I have also seen teams stuck at silver that are awful, but finish just out of the bottom 4. This would reduce the amount of teams playing at a level they don't belong in.

2. When selling players at the minimum can you say what player you are selling or put the sell button next to their name. Right now it just says do you want to sell this card for 25 pp. ***This only seems to be a problem with the default skin***

Last edited by ripitback; 02-04-2019 at 11:27 PM.
ripitback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 11:24 AM   #423
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Couple Suggestions?

* It would be nice to have an option to replay past games. I had a game overnight where we hit 4 HR's in a row and I couldn't watch it (Head-slap!! It's already there)

* It would be helpful to be able to print out the TRANSACTIONS tab to keep track of the changes we made to the team over time.

Last edited by HRBaker; 02-03-2019 at 01:30 PM.
HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 11:25 PM   #424
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

In the Auction House there are a couple specific starting pitchers I would like to track and made bids on. I would like to request the ability to search with boolean operators so we don't have to weed through pages of result when using the "Search Player" feature. Would be great to be able to show more specific active auctions of "Starting Pitchers" and be able to use for example Kershaw AND Ryan AND Guidry if you know in advance those are the only 3 guys you want to track and or make bids on.

Also would be great, and I'm sure it's been suggested, to have the ability to search by right or left handedness.

Last edited by webdox; 02-03-2019 at 11:26 PM.
webdox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 12:16 AM   #425
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamD View Post
A team search filter on the AH so I can find all the braves

In the player search in AH just put abbreviation of team looking for ie Chicago White Sox = CWS, Atlanta Braves = ATL, Houston Astros = HOU, Whatever team abbreviation is on card just type that in player search
Bunktown Ballers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 02:53 AM   #426
bibu
Bat Boy

suggestions

1. I don't know if it was already mentioned somewhere but I would like you to add more league levels, for the purpose of better league balance. There are many teams in the perfect league level who are to weak. In the top level there should be way less parallel leagues, to allow the best to meet. Maybe make the number of league levels correlate to some degree with the number of teams. (If this is not possible for OOTP 19 please consider it for the 20 version)
2. Also I think it would be better to not only allow teams to advance according to their playoff records.I would advocate that 50% of the advancing teams should be the playoff teams with the best records and the other 50% should be teams with the best/ next best season records to advance, so that teams cannot simply throw their playoff games in order to not advance while beating up weak competition and so that strong teams with unlucky playoffs aren't held back for too long.
bibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 08:24 AM   #427
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Suggestion - Ability to keep a ‘ghost’ copy of cards before they’re sold

Explanation - Often when upgrading my team, I find that it makes sense to sell cards that are being replaced, especially when Gold and above. However, I would really like to be able to look back on cards and players that have been important to my team, with their full stats etc.

Some kind of system (either a saved ‘snapshot’ of the player, or a record page) where I could look back on previous cards and players, even if they’ve ‘left’ my club, would be a nice feature to have
Old 02-05-2019, 08:18 PM   #428
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

Suggestion - Separating the Auction House from Live Play Updates

At least 3x a day I get kicked out of an active auction I am bidding on and booted back to start screen after the a game is simulated and the Q 30 minute updates.

It would be nice if the updating could go on in the background, separate from the auctions to prevent this. Thanks.
webdox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 09:54 AM   #429
humboldt1498
Minors (Triple A)

Please change how perfect cards are pulled.

The pool of live perfect players is so small that you get a bunch of duplicates of cards you have. I have pulled 3 mookie betts and Chris sales.

At least have a system that prevents you from pulling duplicates until you have all the perfect cards.

This really kills the excitement of pulling perfect cards. I would rather pull a diamond as its much more likely that card will he useable to my team. That doesn't seem right.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
Old 02-07-2019, 10:50 AM   #430
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Suggestions

Still learning the game and in my first Bronze League - but I thought I would write down the few things I would like to see as the game grows. Most, if not all of these, I have seen posted before - just adding my name to them as good ideas...

1) A phone-app that would report games scores, place, GB, next opponent and perfect point totals.

2) On the team game schedules, replace the fake starting times with the actual game time (every half hour).

3) Transaction History screen - Change date to game date; add summary of total income, allow printing of list.

HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 11:02 AM   #431
zrog2000
All Star Starter

I really would love to see league transactions, so we can see what other teams are doing with their rosters during the season.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 11:40 AM   #432
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
I really would love to see league transactions, so we can see what other teams are doing with their rosters during the season.
That would be very interesting, but it would need to include moves between active and reserve roster. Currently, the real game does not show those in the transactions log.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 12:13 PM   #433
justpatrick
Major Leagues

Speaking of the transaction log, would it be possible to have a sort function?
I just flipped through 25 pages trying to find out how much I had paid for a player I just put up for auction. I checked first my bid history but discovered I had bought him at buy now, so it wasn´t listed. It would be nice to be able to sort the transactions by type.
justpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 04:58 PM   #434
warneke
Minors (Single A)

Suggestion: allow the option to play without using any cash

I suggest the option to join cash free leagues. This is for monetary reasons. But it also represents a purer format: you improve your team based on the points you wrack up with your cards, not with your wallet. Let it be a true card game with no purchases necessary! This will be a lot tougher than just throwing money at your team.
warneke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 06:25 PM   #435
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by warneke View Post
I suggest the option to join cash free leagues. This is for monetary reasons. But it also represents a purer format: you improve your team based on the points you wrack up with your cards, not with your wallet. Let it be a true card game with no purchases necessary! This will be a lot tougher than just throwing money at your team.

I agree with you!
adion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 08:37 PM   #436
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

I have a suggestion for OOTP20 that would be very helpful when creating a batting line-up.

It would be very helpful if there was an option to allow the AI to create a batting line-up with you selecting the players.

Currently, there is only the option to allow the AI to create a lineup and depth chart (based on your active roster), and there is an option for the AI to create a depth chart based on a lineup, but there is no option of you selecting 8 position players and allowing the AI to create the batting order lineup against right and left handed pitchers.

Thanks
Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 08:49 PM   #437
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottom Of The Sixth View Post
I have a suggestion for OOTP20 that would be very helpful when creating a batting line-up.

It would be very helpful if there was an option to allow the AI to create a batting line-up with you selecting the players.

Currently, there is only the option to allow the AI to create a lineup and depth chart (based on your active roster), and there is an option for the AI to create a depth chart based on a lineup, but there is no option of you selecting 8 position players and allowing the AI to create the batting order lineup against right and left handed pitchers.

Thanks
What does "ask AI for all lineups" do then?
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 09:12 PM   #438
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
What does "ask AI for all lineups" do then?

Try it and you will see that the AI can select any of the players listed on your current active roster, and make a batting order, based on all of those players.

There is no option for you to select your starting 9 player positions and allow the AI to create the batting order, for just those 9 players.
Old 02-08-2019, 09:19 PM   #439
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottom Of The Sixth View Post
Try it and you will see that the AI can select any of the players listed on your current active roster, and make a batting order, based on all of those players.

There is no option for you to select your starting 9 player positions and allow the AI to create the batting order, for just those 9 players.
Generate Depth chart = given the players in the lineup, create depth chart from them
Ask AI for lineup = given the players listed as starters in your depth chart, create a lineup from them
Ask AI for depth+lineup = given players on active roster, build full depth chart+lineup

Alternately, if you set the "force start" options for a player in player strategy, the AI will put those guys as starters. So the 2 choices you can use would be to either use the force start to get the players you want, and then you can create the full one. Or you can set the guys in the depth chart in whatever order you want, and then ask the AI for the lineup.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 09:30 PM   #440
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Generate Depth chart = given the players in the lineup, create depth chart from them
Ask AI for lineup = given the players listed as starters in your depth chart, create a lineup from them
Ask AI for depth+lineup = given players on active roster, build full depth chart+lineup

Alternately, if you set the "force start" options for a player in player strategy, the AI will put those guys as starters. So the 2 choices you can use would be to either use the force start to get the players you want, and then you can create the full one. Or you can set the guys in the depth chart in whatever order you want, and then ask the AI for the lineup.

Thanks Matt.

That helps out alot.