Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 11-11-2018, 01:11 AM   #61
Jamee999
All Star Reserve

500 PP for having a batting champion.
Jamee999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 04:09 AM   #62
Dark Horse
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ile View Post
I understand that, but let's say I got a diamond roster. I bench them for a few weeks and get relegated to the bottom. Then I switch em all back in and proceed to crush everything in my way for a few seasons to rack up as many of these achievments as possible in order to gain a maximum amount of PP.

I know it sounds ridiculous, and I personally will never do that, but my experience from similar games tells me there will be a lot of people that will do this if an achievment pays the same regardless of what league you play in.

Edit: Or set strategies that maximize your chances of losing, etc.
How about if PT evaluates a team's top 25 cards (active or reserve) using the sell card now value and add that team's total number of PP to get a team's value. And put all the teams of like value in the same league.

For example, my team's top 25 cards are 1 gem (5000 PP), 2 golds (2*1000}, 7 silvers (7*100) & 15 bronze (15*25) that's 8075 PP and i have 2405 PP. That's 10,480 PP. Next season put me in a league with other teams around the same value.

A Justafan Fan

LBA Geo Bahn Rock Hounds

fan of the ISLANDIAN PRO ALLIANCE
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 06:09 AM   #63
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Please keep in mind that we'll be fine-tuning the payouts of the achievements over the course of the beta
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 07:28 AM   #64
Clavette
Major Leagues

Any chance for a 100+ win season giving PP?
Clavette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 09:33 AM   #65
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clavette View Post
Any chance for a 100+ win season giving PP?
You'll already get PP for making the playoffs We cannot give out too many PP or the whole system will collapse because of inflation.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 01:20 PM   #66
One Post Wonder
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
How about if PT evaluates a team's top 25 cards (active or reserve) using the sell card now value and add that team's total number of PP to get a team's value. And put all the teams of like value in the same league.
That's level scaling and I hate when RPGs do that. When your team improves, whether by better managing, good market play, or buying pp, you need to get a sense on the field that it has gotten better. Otherwise there is no incentive to get better.

People would treat it like they do in RPG's... avoiding that level up as much as possible or in PT terms, stacking their teams with very good silvers instead of paying pp to buy golds/diamonds and play against better teams.

Besides, if you look at the diamonds a lot of them really aren't all that good. OVR is deceptive.

Last edited by One Post Wonder; 11-11-2018 at 11:26 PM.
One Post Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 01:23 PM   #67
One Post Wonder
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Please keep in mind that we'll be fine-tuning the payouts of the achievements over the course of the beta
Good... I really hope the league level issue will be addressed.

I'd do it like

Entry level x1
Rookie Level x2
next level x4
.... x8

It sounds like a lot but when you think about it, if you put a team with a static level of ability in each league and look at the points they'd win with static rewards, I bet their pp income would be reduced at least as much as that if not more.
Old 11-11-2018, 01:48 PM   #68
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Post Wonder View Post
Good... I really hope the league level issue will be addressed.

I'd do it like

Entry level x1
Rookie Level x2
next level x4
.... x8

It sounds like a lot but when you think about it, if you putt a team with a static level of ability in each league and look at the points they'd win with static rewards, I bet their pp income would be reduced at least as much as that if not more.
Why should achievements be worth different amounts at different levels when you are playing teams at your level no matter where you are?
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 08:45 PM   #69
One Post Wonder
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Why should achievements be worth different amounts at different levels when you are playing teams at your level no matter where you are?
Three reasons off the top of my head:

1. Because throwing a shutout against one of the best teams in the game is a heck of a lot harder than doing it against some random new team, and should be recognized as such.

2. 25 pp here and there is significant for a rookie team which can be improved by adding a bronze or silver. It is next to useless for any team above that level.

and most importantly

3. Because otherwise you're giving people a big incentive to sandbag. They'll elect to avoid promotion and earn their pp by pounding rookie level teams senseless. Others will be on a downward race to get relegated once it looks like their teams aren't going anywhere. I guarantee that this will be rampant if there is no achievement scaling and it will seriously harm the game.

Look at the promotion thread and see how many people there aren't happy about being moved up. That shouldn't happen. Being promoted should carry enough benefit that everybody will strive for it.
Old 11-11-2018, 08:51 PM   #70
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Look at the promotion thread and see how many people there aren't happy about being moved up. That shouldn't happen. Being promoted should carry enough benefit that everybody will strive for it.
The few of us complaining are not happy about being promoted because a whopping 16 teams are being pulled through from each league, which means plenty of those who went .500 or less are being promoted. This is the first promotion week. Give it time to balance out.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 09:09 PM   #71
One Post Wonder
All Star Reserve

I was a borderline wildcard team, and if it wasn't for you guys I'd probably be going 57-105 next year.

The only thing that reducing the pool means is that instead of promoted sub .500 teams taking a beating, it will be the teams like mine. But the principle will remain the same.

Having a bad year and losing games doesn't matter in and of itself. The big difference is in earnings. Next year if you'd stayed in the rookie league and won 90 games you might have earned, I don't know... say 3000 pp. In the league you're entering you're not going to earn half that. There's no achievements that reward you for being a punching bag.

But with achievement scaling you'd earn as many points being sub .500 in the higher league as someone with twice as many wins would earn in the lower league. And why not? Both teams probably have the same amount of talent after all.

Last edited by One Post Wonder; 11-11-2018 at 09:12 PM.
Old 11-11-2018, 09:25 PM   #72
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

You want to change the game before it is officially released based on problems that don’t exist. You should just relax and see how things play out.
Old 11-11-2018, 09:32 PM   #73
sharknut
All Star Reserve

600 for MVP Mike Trout. Thought that could be worth at least 1000, but he also got a Silver Slugger for 250 and 250 for Gold Glove
sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 11:20 PM   #74
One Post Wonder
All Star Reserve

Quote:
You want to change the game before it is officially released based on problems that donÂ’t exist.
Betas are entirely about changing games before they are released. I'd rather a game is changed before its official release than after.

I can't show that a problem exists in PT (although I know the problem exists in similar games that have matured) so there's not much point in hammering on. But in a few months, if achievement rewards aren't scaled and sandbagging isn't commonplace then I will be very surprised.

Last edited by One Post Wonder; 11-11-2018 at 11:23 PM.
Old 11-11-2018, 11:34 PM   #75
JaytheGreat
Minors (Rookie Ball)

1000 for winning the World Series
1000 for making it the Finals
500 for a Great Season (my score was 750)
JaytheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 11:37 PM   #76
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Betas are entirely about changing games before they are released.
No, betas are about fixing problems, and...

Quote:
I can't show that a problem exists in PT
Old 11-12-2018, 12:00 AM   #77
One Post Wonder
All Star Reserve

Quote:
No, betas are about fixing problems, and...
Hey, you win. I concede this internet disagreement to you.

But if any threads about sandbagging start showing up later, do the right thing and go post on them so that I can mock you (if I'm still around).
Old 11-23-2018, 09:00 PM   #78
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

I put together as many of these as I could find into a google sheet located here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
stealofhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 12:15 AM   #79
JynxMe
Bat Boy

I got an achievement not in the spreadsheet: "Rocket Game"
Not sure on what's required. Here's the details I have
May 20, 2040 Rocket Game - E. Plank 9.0 IP, 2 HA, 0 R, 0 BB, 16 K, 113 pitches vs the Denver Pipers
800 PP
JynxMe is offline   Reply With Quote