Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2016, 01:40 PM   #1441
STLRS95
All Star Reserve

Need help, just downloaded and purchased the game. There are no player pics being shown. Facegen is turned on and my drivers are up to date. having the same problem with OOTP 17. I am able to use OOTP 15 with no problems. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
STLRS95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 02:10 PM   #1442
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRS95 View Post
Need help, just downloaded and purchased the game. There are no player pics being shown. Facegen is turned on and my drivers are up to date. having the same problem with OOTP 17. I am able to use OOTP 15 with no problems. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
I think your best bet is to Submit a Ticket: Submit a ticket - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 03:30 PM   #1443
crawdad5000
Major Leagues

Quote:
One cap to rule them all, one cap to find them, One cap to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
Nice!!
AdamB, thanks for the in depth reply. Really helps. I've been reading up on various leagues rules in wiki, etc and there is some good stuff there that I never knew about. One thing I read is how teams will loan players out to lower leagues for development and playing time versus sending them to the minors. Makes sense. I'm slowly getting it and am enjoying the game! Simming through a couple of seasons and observing the AI will help. Thanks!
crawdad5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 10:19 PM   #1444
STLRS95
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
I think your best bet is to Submit a Ticket: Submit a ticket - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software
Thanks, just submitted one.
STLRS95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 01:59 PM   #1445
crawdad5000
Major Leagues

Is there a way to see this screen other than when your simming forward to a specific date? It's one of the best screens out there, IMHO.
Attached Images
Old 07-18-2016, 12:55 AM   #1446
Copyright
Bat Boy

Hi, I was autoplaying and accidentally pressed finish day button. Game continued simming, saved and accidentally skipped a play-off game. Now I can't go back in calendar and this results in crash everytime because there is one game unplayed. How to solve?
Copyright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 12:58 PM   #1447
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawdad5000 View Post
Is there a way to see this screen other than when your simming forward to a specific date? It's one of the best screens out there, IMHO.
Click the little 'home' button beside National Hockey League. It's not exactly the same screen but it's about as close as you can get without simming (AFAIK).
omjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 09:21 PM   #1448
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copyright View Post
Hi, I was autoplaying and accidentally pressed finish day button. Game continued simming, saved and accidentally skipped a play-off game. Now I can't go back in calendar and this results in crash everytime because there is one game unplayed. How to solve?
I...don't understand. If you simmed the day, the game should have simmed as well, is that not the case? You should submit a ticket however. Submit a ticket - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 01:43 PM   #1449
crawdad5000
Major Leagues

Quote:
I'm playing historical with the FHM development engine. I do not play with drafts but at the very first real-NHL draft in 1963, it appears anyway but crash when i try to go through it automatically(No players to pick visible either). This surely must have gotten up before, what is it about and how do i force through it?
This quote was submitted way back in 2015 and looks like it was never answered but I'm having the exact same problem. I started historical in 1931 and simmed all the way to 67/68 (first expansion). Around 63 the draft showed up even though rookies are put on their teams automatically in historical. The draft list is empty and I just sim through the draft by clicking cpu finish draft, and continue on. But now, in 1968, whenever I try to click through the draft it crashes to the desktop. I've clicked on all options for the draft to proceed and it crashes every time. The game won't let me bypass it either. So is my saved game dead after simming 57 years? Ugh!!!

Posted here because this seems to be the thread that gets looked at. I guess at this time everyone is busy working on the next release, Go for it...can't wait. Hopefully a lot of the bugs will be worked out, especially with historical replay.
Old 07-20-2016, 05:29 AM   #1450
Copyright
Bat Boy

The date in the attachment is June 6th. I don't really know why it didn't just simmed past the game. Weird
Attached Images
Copyright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 02:13 AM   #1451
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawdad5000 View Post
This quote was submitted way back in 2015 and looks like it was never answered but I'm having the exact same problem. I started historical in 1931 and simmed all the way to 67/68 (first expansion). Around 63 the draft showed up even though rookies are put on their teams automatically in historical. The draft list is empty and I just sim through the draft by clicking cpu finish draft, and continue on. But now, in 1968, whenever I try to click through the draft it crashes to the desktop. I've clicked on all options for the draft to proceed and it crashes every time. The game won't let me bypass it either. So is my saved game dead after simming 57 years? Ugh!!!

Posted here because this seems to be the thread that gets looked at. I guess at this time everyone is busy working on the next release, Go for it...can't wait. Hopefully a lot of the bugs will be worked out, especially with historical replay.
I've tried replicating this, but haven't been able to - I never have the draft appear (other than the blank log that shows up by default) if I've got the no-draft option on. Just to be sure I'm doing the exact same thing as your game, tell me if these are the options you've used: 1931 start, hold expansion draft on, draft rookies/generate at 17 off, player development: recalculate, set initial rosters by draft off. Anything different from that?
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 08:52 PM   #1452
crawdad5000
Major Leagues

Quote:
I've tried replicating this, but haven't been able to - I never have the draft appear (other than the blank log that shows up by default) if I've got the no-draft option on. Just to be sure I'm doing the exact same thing as your game, tell me if these are the options you've used: 1931 start, hold expansion draft on, draft rookies/generate at 17 off, player development: recalculate, set initial rosters by draft off. Anything different from that?
I have everything the same but I did just notice that most teams have players listed under the unsigned draftees tab. But they are all veterans with a history in the league. For example, Billy Harris born 1935 is listed under the Canadiens unsigned draftee tab, He played for my Redwings team from 57-67 and the Northstars for 68 before being released as a free agent, but he shows up as an unsigned draftee. I do get the blank log for the draft also with it turned off but could always click through it until this expansion year of 1968 that I just simmed. I started a test league with the first season being 1967/68 and simmed a few years to see what would happen (without controlling a team) and the sim played right through the draft like it didn't exist which is what I think the game should be doing. So the only difference between the two leagues is that the one that is crashing, I'm in control of a team and it was the first expansion year. Sorry, kind of rambled on here.
Old 07-21-2016, 10:40 PM   #1453
crawdad5000
Major Leagues

Well JeffR, I may have found a work around. I started up the league that was crashing. I quit the RedWings and was able to sim past the empty draft log while unemployed. I did go in to commissioner mode afterword to try to hook up with a team but there wasn't any thing to click on to join a team, even under the available jobs tab ( which showed all teams available since I was in commish mode). So I simmed the next season, in Feb the lowley blues offered me a job, I completed the season and continued on to the next draft, which was empty as usual. The game crashed again when trying to sim past it. I quit the blues and simmed on to opening day.

So, the only thing I see is that when you have a human controlled team, after the expansion, the game crashes because the draft is showing up when it shouldn't. At least I can continue the history replay even though I'll be managing several teams before I finish the replay. No big deal. My priority is to see the NHL played out with my alternate history.
Old 07-23-2016, 04:22 PM   #1454
crawdad5000
Major Leagues

Quote:
So, the only thing I see is that when you have a human controlled team, after the expansion, the game crashes because the draft is showing up when it shouldn't. At least I can continue the history replay even though I'll be managing several teams before I finish the replay. No big deal. My priority is to see the NHL played out with my alternate history.
Well, it worked until the start of the 1974 season. I've been resigning from teams, simming through the draft, then being rehired to play the next season. But now I can't even get past the first preseason game, whether I'm hired or not, before it crashes to desktop. Guess I'll have to start over!
Old 07-29-2016, 07:20 AM   #1455
DarthYoda
Minors (Single A)

I'm having issues opening the game in Steam again. The game starts in minimized mode and wont expand. I dont remember, how to re-install the game without losing my saved games?

Last edited by DarthYoda; 07-29-2016 at 07:48 AM.
DarthYoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 02:38 PM   #1456
artlan
Minors (Single A)

Can someone list the dates when we can sign our KHL draftees or KHL players that aren't contracted to NHL clubs?

Thanks!
artlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 04:47 PM   #1457
DarthYoda
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthYoda View Post
I'm having issues opening the game in Steam again. The game starts in minimized mode and wont expand. I dont remember, how to re-install the game without losing my saved games?
I found the following link, which more than probably seems to be my problem as well. Unfortunately the given solution, or rather the description of it, i cant seem to follow. Can someone see if they understand the proper way to handle it?

https://steamcommunity.com/app/33383...0763303201471/
Old 08-01-2016, 11:49 AM   #1458
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by artlan View Post
Can someone list the dates when we can sign our KHL draftees or KHL players that aren't contracted to NHL clubs?

Thanks!
I believe the only way to sign anyone with a KHL contract is to wait until the contract is up...even if you hold their NHL rights
beezer2434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 04:30 PM   #1459
Brisebois
Bat Boy

Does the game come with editable first names and last names like EHM did originally? I had such fun with that...

Also does the game allow management of how many players from each league will go into each draft? And is that something you can change in game?
Brisebois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 01:58 PM   #1460
DarthYoda
Minors (Single A)

What are the possible reasons that the option "Save as quickstart" is not available, or seen?