Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 04-12-2016, 01:08 AM   #1401
briguy47
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
That's not possible at this time.
OK thanks for that reply...

Is it possible to create a league with some of the best teams of the past...such as the 1970's Canadiens, early 1980's Islanders, mid-1980's Oilers & other teams, playing against each other ?
briguy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 02:24 AM   #1402
briguy47
Bat Boy

Just a note for updated rosters:

Milan Michalek still appears on the Ottawa Senators
He was traded to Toronto, in the Phaneuf trade
briguy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 12:25 AM   #1403
HockeyHippie
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
Well first off let me link you to a blog article written by Cole on it: Do you have the right strategy to take your team to the top? FHM 2 gets tactics overhaul

Hopefully that gives you an idea. Basically what the set-default is pretty standard. You may want to make occasional modifiers to it depending on the strength of your team.

For instance, my Defenseman have really good shots, so when I'm in the offensive zone and the puck moves to the corner, the opposite defenseman will move to the center of the ice at the blue line. This can occasionally put him out of position, but at the same time it also helps them score more than usual.

Picking a strategy isn't exactly easy without knowing more about your team.
Thanks Adam, appreciate your response. I'm still trying to learn more about my team as well. I'll go play around with tactics a little more as well.

I'm one of the GM's in the iNHL, here's a link to my team via an online portal one of our awesome league GM's created. I haven't played any single season sims, so learning on the fly.

http://inhl.argentummanagement.co.uk/team.php?id=23
Old 04-13-2016, 11:08 AM   #1404
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by briguy47 View Post
OK thanks for that reply...

Is it possible to create a league with some of the best teams of the past...such as the 1970's Canadiens, early 1980's Islanders, mid-1980's Oilers & other teams, playing against each other ?
Sorry, again it's not possible at this time. It's a feature we're looking at for FHM3, but no decision has been made yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by briguy47 View Post
Just a note for updated rosters:

Milan Michalek still appears on the Ottawa Senators
He was traded to Toronto, in the Phaneuf trade
Thanks, we have noted this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyHippie View Post
Thanks Adam, appreciate your response. I'm still trying to learn more about my team as well. I'll go play around with tactics a little more as well.

I'm one of the GM's in the iNHL, here's a link to my team via an online portal one of our awesome league GM's created. I haven't played any single season sims, so learning on the fly.

http://inhl.argentummanagement.co.uk/team.php?id=23
Awesome.

FHM2 definitely has a learning curve, but don't be afraid to use the tools in the game as well. It helped me learn quite quickly.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 07:28 PM   #1405
Micheld
Bat Boy

Hello, I think I have a quick question, How do I fire my coach? I am in manager mode only and when I tried to fire my coach, it is greyed out on his name(I want to fire dave Cameron too) but I can't see to make this happen. I have tried with commissioner mode and non-commissioner mode, I am guessing there is a setting I am missing?
Micheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 09:14 PM   #1406
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micheld View Post
Hello, I think I have a quick question, How do I fire my coach? I am in manager mode only and when I tried to fire my coach, it is greyed out on his name(I want to fire dave Cameron too) but I can't see to make this happen. I have tried with commissioner mode and non-commissioner mode, I am guessing there is a setting I am missing?
You should be able to go to Team and League Controls > Personnel > Find their name, Right click, and say "Release from Contract" to fire someone.
Old 04-14-2016, 09:21 AM   #1407
Micheld
Bat Boy

I tried this
"You should be able to go to Team and League Controls > Personnel > Find their name, Right click, and say "Release from Contract" to fire someone."

I don't get the "release from contract" I get "copy link location"

The action button in the name section next to the picture button used to show fire coach and that never worked for me , now I don't even get that option, There are no actions under the action button
Old 04-14-2016, 10:44 AM   #1408
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
I tried this
"You should be able to go to Team and League Controls > Personnel > Find their name, Right click, and say "Release from Contract" to fire someone."

I don't get the "release from contract" I get "copy link location"

The action button in the name section next to the picture button used to show fire coach and that never worked for me , now I don't even get that option, There are no actions under the action button
Okay, don't click on the top portion, find his name below in the list with your assistants, Scouts, etc.
Old 04-14-2016, 11:18 AM   #1409
Micheld
Bat Boy

ah, that's it now I get the release the coach, Thanks
any idea why the action button does not work? is it a defect?
Old 04-14-2016, 06:28 PM   #1410
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
ah, that's it now I get the release the coach, Thanks
any idea why the action button does not work? is it a defect?
No, I'm not sure why. I will look into it though.
Old 04-16-2016, 10:30 AM   #1411
Elronch
Bat Boy

Signing coaches and scouts.

I am not figuring out how to hire scouts and coaches. Any help is much appreciated.
Elronch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 11:28 AM   #1412
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elronch View Post
I am not figuring out how to hire scouts and coaches. Any help is much appreciated.
Depending on what mode/what team you are playing with, there can be budget limitations on what/who you hire.

To hire someone though, you need to go to the Team and League Controls Tab, Click on the Personnel, and just above where your Owner/GM/Coach are listed, you should see the options of "Team Staff" and "Free Agents". Click on the Free Agents to show the list of everyone available for you to hire.

When you find the appropriate person, Right Click and Hire them!
Old 04-16-2016, 04:58 PM   #1413
Elronch
Bat Boy

Thanks!
Elronch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 02:28 PM   #1414
Elvis965
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I saw this question asked a couple of times in this thread, but didn't see an answer so I apologize if there is one and I missed it.....

Is there a way to hire a scout with great coaching ratings as a head/assistant coach?

I went into commissioner mode and tried to edit the profile of a free agent scout to make him a coach, but I don't see anything that lets me actually change his job...just names and such.....

TIA
Elvis965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 09:53 PM   #1415
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis965 View Post
I saw this question asked a couple of times in this thread, but didn't see an answer so I apologize if there is one and I missed it.....

Is there a way to hire a scout with great coaching ratings as a head/assistant coach?

I went into commissioner mode and tried to edit the profile of a free agent scout to make him a coach, but I don't see anything that lets me actually change his job...just names and such.....

TIA
Not at this time.
Old 04-21-2016, 12:00 PM   #1416
redtiger7
All Star Starter

Which begs the question: why do we have scouts with great coaching stats in the first place?
redtiger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 06:27 PM   #1417
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtiger7 View Post
Which begs the question: why do we have scouts with great coaching stats in the first place?
Short Answer: It's something we're looking to build in a future versions of the game.
Old 04-22-2016, 12:14 AM   #1418
bialanoc
Bat Boy

What aspects of the player are considered in generating the new Depth Charts screen? Some of the rankings of my players have been surprising to me - but they also seem to be quite correct in practice, which makes me think I've been emphasizing the wrong ratings in evaluating my players to this point.
bialanoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 05:31 AM   #1419
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialanoc View Post
What aspects of the player are considered in generating the new Depth Charts screen? Some of the rankings of my players have been surprising to me - but they also seem to be quite correct in practice, which makes me think I've been emphasizing the wrong ratings in evaluating my players to this point.
Can you go into a bit more depth how you evaluate your players? It is always interesting for us to here something like this and improve how we display players.
Old 04-22-2016, 10:58 AM   #1420
bialanoc
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
Can you go into a bit more depth how you evaluate your players? It is always interesting for us to here something like this and improve how we display players.
Sure thing (Note: this approach goes for my players in my organization, rather than any outside acquisition targets)

Prior to the FHM 2 depth charts feature, I'd been keeping a spreadsheet with all of the visible player ratings and then updating those ratings each time the monthly development report came out. I had a separate tab in the spreadsheet to track how many times a player had a negative development month over the course of the season, in order to better recall in the offseason what sort of trajectory the player's been on and avoid offering multi-year contracts to players in escalating states of decline.

To crudely arrive at an "overall" player rating, I would total all 28 or so visible player ratings and then divide by 28, and then I'd use that number to develop a rough depth chart. I think the issue I had with this approach is that I was overvaluing the ratings for determination, bravery, leadership, etc. with consequential undervaluation for physical, offensive, and defensive abilities. Once I set the intangible ratings aside I found my spreadsheet depth chart was in closer - albeit not total - alignment with the FHM 2 generated depth chart.

I've also recently noticed that some of my longtime players experienced ratings improvements at some point that weren't apparent in the course of simply following the monthly development report, so that also resulted in some errors in my spreadsheet depth chart.
bialanoc is offline   Reply With Quote