Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 01-24-2014, 01:39 PM   #1
BPS
All Star Reserve

Automatic news-writing software

I utterly oppose the replacement of newspaper reporters in the real world by software....

but for OOTP the software now used to autogenerate baseball stories would be cool:

Can an Algorithm Write a Better News Story Than a Human Reporter? | Gadget Lab | Wired.com
BPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:45 PM   #2
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Not to be nitpicky, but is there some reason we can't keep the suggestions in the "Suggestion" Forum?

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...tions-ootp-15/

Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:57 PM   #3
BPS
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Not to be nitpicky, but is there some reason we can't keep the suggestions in the "Suggestion" Forum?

Suggestions for OOTP 15 - OOTP Developments Forums

I guess I could start posting my OOTP15 dynasty here or complain about the bugs I've encountered so far in OOTP15.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:02 PM   #4
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPS View Post
I guess I could start posting my OOTP15 dynasty here or complain about the bugs I've encountered so far in OOTP15.
Surprisingly, there's forums for that too.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:07 PM   #5
BPS
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Surprisingly, there's forums for that too.
Back from the future, are you?
Old 01-24-2014, 02:18 PM   #6
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Back from the future, are you?
Same place you've been.

Quote:
Old 01-24-2014, 02:23 PM   #7
BPS
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Same place you've been.
Well played!
Old 01-24-2014, 04:19 PM   #8
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I remember last year when Markus first announced OOTP14 people were making suggestions about the game in the main OOTP14 forum and Markus said to keep the suggestions coming while he was still working on it.

Not everyone takes the time to visit other forums then the main one.
BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:14 PM   #9
BigCity
All Star Starter

I agree that most of the time we all would like our topics directed into the right shoebox - it makes it easier to follow the threads as well as zero in on what we are looking for - BUT...

The excitement of a new game overshadows that sometimes. The announcement thread feels like the "last chance" to get in a last minute idea before having to wait 12 months for the next version. Give the posters a small break and let them wave their flags a bit - it'll sort itself out in time

(2 cents)
BigCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:41 PM   #10
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterKing View Post
I remember last year when Markus first announced OOTP14 people were making suggestions about the game in the main OOTP14 forum and Markus said to keep the suggestions coming while he was still working on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCity View Post
I agree that most of the time we all would like our topics directed into the right shoebox - it makes it easier to follow the threads as well as zero in on what we are looking for - BUT...

The excitement of a new game overshadows that sometimes. The announcement thread feels like the "last chance" to get in a last minute idea before having to wait 12 months for the next version. Give the posters a small break and let them wave their flags a bit - it'll sort itself out in time

(2 cents)
Above all, I appreciate the enthusiasm and excitement about and surrounding the announcement. That being said, as someone who is presently in the process of collecting key and inspiring suggestions culled from this year's comments, it isn't making my task any easier! But I say go for it! Put 'em out there. Personally, I think this has been a great year for ideas, with a general focus and quality beyond what I've personally witnessed in past versions. While everybody's different, we do have quite the grand composition of contributors who not only cover a lot of bases, but do so with the good of the game in mind more often than any individual's self-interest and I have to commend that.

Last edited by endgame; 01-24-2014 at 10:42 PM.
endgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 01:24 AM   #11
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
I remember that too. Post your suggestions here.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:34 AM   #12
le receveur
All Star Starter

Quote:

this should also be a feature, someone policing the board to make sure people are posting at the right place,,, maybe by OOTP16 :-)
le receveur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 03:08 PM   #13
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by le receveur View Post
this should also be a feature, someone policing the board to make sure people are posting at the right place,,, maybe by OOTP16 :-)
Markus says this is the right place.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 12:15 PM   #14
AdamChapman
Bat Boy

On the contrary, I’m not against it, I don’t see anything critical. Automation technologies can significantly improve the efficiency of the news production process. I have already started studying how to write software requirement specification for your project, found a case study and was delighted. It's so simple, I couldn't even think of it. In fact, it expands opportunities and opens up new horizons.

Last edited by AdamChapman; 03-24-2024 at 10:18 AM.
AdamChapman is offline   Reply With Quote